Very TMI question regarding BMs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-08-2008, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok, this pains me to post something so yucky and personal but I'm getting worried.
I've been having 3 to 4 BMs a day - very loose but not actually diarhhea. The urge to go often comes over me all of a sudden. Sometimes there's a ton, sometimes not much in terms of volume.

I didn't think much of it until I realized today that it's been going on for at least a week possibly longer. I'm starting to worry. I know that your body tries to clear out before labor but I'm currently at the end of the 38th week and no labor signs so I don't think it's that. Is it just too much food on the junk end of things (been indulging chocolate and chips but not more than normal). I do eat very healthy main meals so I just don't know. Is my body just disintegrating! I sometimes really feel like it. Of course this isn't helping my elephant sized roids. I am getting so miserable. I can't sit/stand/walk or basically function normally.

I don't remember having this problem in my 1st pg.

Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-08-2008, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sorry I can't offer any helpful info, but just wanted to remind you to keep hydrated, mama.
#3 of 3 Old 08-09-2008, 04:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Should be fine as long as you stay hydrated. Maybe you can eat things that bind stools more, like crackers and whatnot.

All the hormonal changes that need to happen now to prepare your body for labor also affect your intestines (they are very closely integrated with your uterus).

You may have developed a sort of temporary hormone-induced IBS. This happened to me too, I had it in puberty and I have it now.

I wouldn't worry about it... it's uncomfortable but harmless probably.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page