Postpartum Daily Thread 08/09 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-09-2008, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Starting this one early, cuz I am about to go to bed... (apparently my theme today is poop!)

Ella will be 4 days old today and I still haven't pooped! They gave me stool softner at the hospital and that usually does the trick, but so far nothing is brewing. I don't really feel uncomfortable, I just want to get the fear of it over already!

I am taking her in today for a weight check (standard OP by my ped) and am going to ask them to do the forehead jaundice tool thingy to set my mind at ease. Both of my sons had jaundice and I'd like to avoif it if we can. She had like 15 meconium poops in 2 days, so I think she flushed it out fast enough to avoid serious jaundice.

She started making regular EBF poops today, so I switched to her fluffy diapers!

Her first cloth dipe- bamboo Blueberry NB fitted

and a Wiggleworm Bottom minky cover on top

Close up of her sweet face

So what's going on in your home?

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2008, 04:03 AM

Its only 11pm here

I got my poo on the second day. It was a relief! I'm healing really well this time. Hardly any soreness at all. Mostly it just feels heavy. I'll need time to rebuild my pelvic floor with kegels.

Didn't need to worry about engorgement because it here! I'm working on getting dd awake enough to properly nurse whil dh is putting together my pump. I hope to donate this time. There are plenty of local babies in need. I've donated for friends' babies before and its really appreciated.

One of my new favorite pictures of her because it really looks like her
Ivy

with brother

with Sissy

Oh, and we went out tonight for about an hour. It was my friend's b-day and I wanted to surprise her. Did well in the carseat on the way there but got hungry about halfway home. Luckily the fussy part only lasted 3 minutes or so.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
Old 08-09-2008, 09:53 AM

Deborah, how sweet you named your daughter Ella like my daughter

I slept very well today, wow! The baby did too, he fed every 2 hours again and slept right through the next 2 so and so, pretty good for me! Every time I would put him in the cosleeper I would go pee and clean up down there -- I found a great product to put in my sore parts: COD OIL!!!! ahhhh what a relief! Then a little bit of Flowers of Sulfur in the mama pad to keep things dry too. The H feels better, just that it looks like the walnut shape you mentioned

My boobs are getting better, just a bit sore. My lymph nodes are pretty swollen though. I been thinking of getting a lymphatic drainage massage, they are so ugly and annoying :

He got his first bath with plain water, chamomile tea bags and honey. It was so refreshing for his skin! When he was born, he was peeling already no vernix! According to my MW he was ready about 5 days prior birth (that's why I was experiencing prelabor days before) but the cord was wrapping him around his lower body preventing him to keep coming out!!! Here is a pic of him in the tub

One with my favorite beany hat, sleeping, and smiling

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
Old 08-10-2008, 01:13 AM

Her cord fell off! Diapering will be easier now.

I was burping her and when I moved her the cord was stuck to my shirt.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
Old 08-10-2008, 01:35 AM

Kendall lost his bellybutton today too! Fell off while I was warming up a bottle in the kitchen. Doing great here. Kendall is sleeping in 2-4 hour spurts, waking up, eating, playing for half an hour and back to sleep. My milk finally came in today! yay! He nursed pretty well, but geez did it hurt! I mean, this felt almost as bad as a contraction. But he gets a little fussy because its still slow to comeout but it's definitely breastmilk and not colostrum. We're still doing formula and bmilk until I can get a go flow going. DP and I are just glad the milk came in. I was getting a little depressed about it. I FINALLY had a bowel movement today. I was scared to let go but glad I did. Such a relief!

Kendall has passed all his meconium (sp?) so now his stools are yellow and slightly runny. Good sign, right? I took him out on the balcony today twice to get some sunlight since the doctor said it would be good for his jaundice, which really isn't bad at all. I feel fine. Just some tummy pains from the c-sec, but my bleeding is basically absolete. I mean, nothing at all. I MIGHT have one clot a day and that's it. But still no sex for 6 weeks. Am I wrong for wanting to at least do grown up things with DP anyway after giving birth 5 days ago? I kinda feel like he doesn't see me sexually anymore since we just had a child. He didn't even spoon me last night like he normally does. Whats up with that?

I'm still having some bad swelling in my feet and ankles. Other than that, I feel great. Kendall is finally sleeping in his crib. I broke down and put him in the bed with us last night but I don't want to establish that habit so I stopped. Other than that, life is grand!

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

User Tag List