Daily Thread 8-9-8..for our ladies in waiting the prepostpartums ;) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 08-10-2008, 12:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hempmama View Post
Stop! Touching! Me!

Anybody else with older kids ON THEM like a couple cuddley octopi? I love them so much, but I am about ready to gnaw off my arm and hand it to them if they want to touch it so much. I'm a day past my original due date, and it already feels like I'm being touched from the inside 24 hours a day. I can't handle more cuddling, even if it is from the cutest cuddle bugs in the world. I know it's because they can tell something's going on, so I feel extra bad about trying to enforce some boundaries, but MAN IT IS DRIVING ME INSANE.

Lost part of my mucous plug last night, regular contractions every night for the last week, but no other impending signs. I don't think it's going to happen any time soon.
OMG yes! DD is hanging on me constantly. I feel bad too, but, jeeeesh. I just keep trying to remind myself that she will no longer have me to herself pretty soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 08-10-2008, 12:24 AM

MissE-that's great news! Glad to hear it.

Ditto on the "cling-on" kid...E totally knows the jig is up as an only child, and it's like she's trying to climb back in. I love her, and one of my favourite things to do is snuggle up with her, but lately it is soooo excessive.
We had a great family day, and I get a bonus sleep in tomorrow, so I'm stoked!

BTW-I like being referred to as "prepostpartum" much better than "overdue". Kudos to whoever thought of it!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#33 of 38 Old 08-10-2008, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
BTW-I like being referred to as "prepostpartum" much better than "overdue". Kudos to whoever thought of it!
awthanks for the compliment...I feel I have pregnancy placenta brain half the time!
When Megan left to go to the other side..being that she resonated with me as being equally excited to be postpartum not pregnant..
I figure I am only steps away..hence being prepost

my littlest earth side one is very clingly lately..
I keep hoping that that means I am close..
But sadly being 4plus cm dilated
almost totally effaced
zero station or better
mucous plug gone
bloddy show yesterday
the list goes on...

doesn't yet mean the party is on...
but I know I am not fully pregnant I am on that verge...
of being prepostpartum..

Time to see this little dude, name him, feed him, kiss him..

8 might be enough
#34 of 38 Old 08-10-2008, 12:59 AM

I was due yesterday. I'm still just waiting and gestating.

I lost my mucous plug this morning and more this evening, but nothing else. This is my longest gestation by 2 days...come on baby!
#35 of 38 Old 08-10-2008, 01:08 AM

Congratulations on buying yourself more time, MissE!

So it looks as though baby won't arrive on his/her due date! Oh well - I am officially 'late'!

I leisurely walked around for hours this evening atm a festival, maybe that will help something get going?? Fridgeart - I saw a lot of pregnant Mamas, but I dont think that I saw you... Only one other Mama looked full-termish, but she didn't meet your description!
#36 of 38 Old 08-10-2008, 01:15 AM

*sigh* Still waiting here. Went for a walk, albeit a short one, this evening to see if maybe we can help move things along. Grocery shopping tomorrow, and I think we're going to try and squeeze a walk in before we go. Been talking to the baby all day, letting it know it's time to come out now.

So far, this baby is being as recalcitrant as its teen-age brother.

Laura wife to Dan , BFing Babywearing RadicalUSing SAHM to my free range kid Craig (12/20/93) and eventual free range kid Danny (8/26/08)
#37 of 38 Old 08-10-2008, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post

my littlest earth side one is very clingly lately..
I keep hoping that that means I am close..
But sadly being 4plus cm dilated
almost totally effaced
zero station or better
mucous plug gone
bloddy show yesterday
the list goes on...

doesn't yet mean the party is on...Time to see this little dude, name him, feed him, kiss him..
This is us to a 't'.

DD has been crazy clingy and whiny, I think she knows something is up and her time as an only child is nearing an end.
I too am 4cm d(as of Fri afternoon) and almost totally effaced, have been zero station or better for over 2 weeks now..lost my mucous plug ages ago..had bloody show last night...and no signs of labor otherwise.

I went to bed around 11pm to try and rest since I was "kind of" crampy..and just woke up about 30 minutes ago. I am feeling miserable and sick to my stomach and this LO will NOT stop moving around! Will he settle down already??

I did some freaking JUMPING JACKS tonight, I felt like this guy : and still nothing...

I just want my water to break so I can get this baby OUT already...sigh

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#38 of 38 Old 08-10-2008, 05:06 AM

My toddlers won't let go of me lately either, and it's very unusual for them.

Plus my 3 turning 4 year old has been sucking his thumb and carrying his blankey around and following me non stop. It's driving me crazy because he is already hard to understand and with the thumb in it's like what? I'm sorry I can't understand what you are saying with your thumb in your mouth and then he says it again and again before he finally removes said thumb from mouth. Ugh. Like 40 times a day.

And my 2 year old is in full on rebellion mode, which she alternates abruptly with hugs and kisses and 'I love you mommy's that just make my heart melt. For 5 seconds until she makes me crazy again because she's throwing a humongo fit at target.

My oldest is just ignoring it, though.

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page