Daily Thread 8-9-8..for our ladies in waiting the prepostpartums ;) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Morning!
I will get this party started.
3cntx in last hour...yawn.
Castor Oil....yawn.
I am such a looser I can't even get massive runs with cramping from castor oil..(plus take out chinese)
never mind induce labor pains.
slept great though!

8 might be enough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 10:19 AM

My prodormal labor is maddening at times.
I can't believe I'm still pregnant.
I'm wondering if my MW puts some weird ju-ju on her clients to make them go to or past term since three people i know who birthed with her recently were nearly 42 or plus weeks.
My MW doesn't do internals so I have no idea what's going on not that it matters.
I am thankful baby is back in a comfy position, that I am still sleeping well and baby is still moving a good amount. I still look and feel great too!

My toddler has been extra lovely over all which has made this much easier.

I can't wait for baby to come
#3 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 11:46 AM

Had regular contractions for hours last night that eventually just petered out. I'll be in prodromal labor for weeks, but I'm totally okay with that.

Today's a huge milestone for me -- the most pregnant I've ever been! 37w1d and loving it.

Talk to me in four weeks and I might not feel the same LOL
#4 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 12:02 PM

Felt awful all day yesterday and couldn't get any rest to make up for being up the night before with contractions. But, at least I got a pretty decent night's sleep!!!

I'm having lots of back labor this morning. I'm going for a long walk after breakfast to try and get this baby to turn. I just know if he'd turn around and face my spine we'd have ourselves a birth. I think his posterior position is what keeps stalling the labor.

Hope everyone has a great day! :
#5 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 12:14 PM

I was awake more than I was asleep last night had contractions off and on all night. Still no sign of anything changing - with my other two kids it was a couple of days after I had bloody show that I finally kicked in to active labor. I'm feeling pretty low today - I really need sleep; it's been about a week and half since I've gotten more than an hour-two hours of sleep at a time and maybe four hours total. It's brutal. Plus, (tmi warning) I had diarrhea all last night and now my butt is sore and feels burnt. Great.

Today is parent tot swim at the hot springs pool, so I'm hoping if I take the kids it might help a bit. Other than that, no real plans for the weekend. Oh, I would like to make a beef bone broth sometime this weekend, too...

Hope everyone else is hanging in there and has a great day!

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#6 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apelilae View Post
I'm wondering if my MW puts some weird ju-ju on her clients
This had me cracking up!

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#7 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 12:22 PM

Saw my MW yesterday-she came for a home visit to check things out. All is well with baby, no internal. I see her in clinic on Tuesday, and she said she'd check me out if I want...I'm hoping to have the baby before then, since I am now officially "overdue". I thought things might get going last night-regular contractions, lots of pressure, but they didn't progress into anything...I got tired and went to bed, and actually had a decnt night's sleep, thank goodness!
Today we're going to hit the farmer's market, get some groceries, and then hit the Illuminaires Festival tonight (unless I go into labour!). Hoping that keeping busy will keep me sane...
Have a great day, ladies-it's finally sunny here so I'm going outside!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#8 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 12:33 PM

Today's my EDD and my b'day, so I thought it would be a great day for a baby. I'm thinking that baby has other plans since my labors usually start at night.
#9 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 12:37 PM

Saw my midwife yesterday too, I was at 4cm and my cervix is starting to come forward, so she swept my membranes, then DH and I just sat in the hot tub and talked(and a little bit more..lol) and I feel SO much better today than yesterday. The bad energy I was having is dissipated and I think I am clear enough to birth now!

I got a great night's sleep, having a bit of bloody show ( and my best friend is here from PA(haven't seen her in a year), my midwife is available, my doula "should" be home(I didn't think I was going to get to have her with us!!), none of the family is away on vacation or anything and it is a SUNNY day here(somewhat) for the first time in forever(I am beginning to think we moved to Ireland and didn't know it! LOL).

Soooo...that being said, here's hoping for a birth today!

But I am off to the flea market to walk around and eat, so here's to birth vibes for all of us hoping for today!!

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#10 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
Morning!
I will get this party started.
3cntx in last hour...yawn.
Castor Oil....yawn.
I am such a looser I can't even get massive runs with cramping from castor oil..(plus take out chinese)
never mind induce labor pains.
slept great though!

SAme here...I had contractions last night from about 3pm til 3am and then they stopped. It is so frustrating.

joy.gif
#11 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 01:02 PM

Yesterday my daughter was feeling crappy with a summer cold. She came into our room this morning all bright-eyed and announced she was feeling much better. Me... not so much. : I think I'll crawl back into bed for a few hours. :yawning:

No news on the baby. I think she's staying put for another day or two.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#12 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 01:15 PM

Today is my due date! : No sign of labour though...

I'll be going to the Lumiere festival tonight too, Fridgeart! (providing that I don't go into labour - but I don't think that I will...) Maybe our bellies will bump into eachother

I oscillate between impatience for labour and trying to savour every last moment of what could be my last pregnancy, which makes me a little sad.

I am feeling well, physically, but I have slowed down a lot in the past week. The baby has seemed more quiet yesterday and today, too. Any chance that's a sign of labour??
#13 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 01:43 PM

As I nursed my ds this morning, dozing I was suddenly hit with mildly painful ctx. I had to wiggle around and remind myself that this is nothing compared to what I'm going to go through, but still it was like, "oh ya, that's how this is going to feel." They stopped when he stopped nursing.

I am having so much trouble sleeping, I just can't fall asleep. I'm not enormously uncomfortable, just awake!!!

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
#14 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 02:30 PM

Nothing new here. Now that the heat wave in CO is over, mostly, I think I'm gonna see if we can get some walking in. For a while it was waaaay too hot for leaving the house to even really get in the car to go someplace cooler (like a mall) to walk around.

Gonna take advantage of the fact that no real ctx have started to get more done around the house.

We've been singing "happy birthday" type songs to the baby to hopefully encourage the baby to come out. We've been telling the baby that there are people who want to meet it, so it needs to come out. Positive imagery is supposed to work, right?

Laura wife to Dan , BFing Babywearing RadicalUSing SAHM to my free range kid Craig (12/20/93) and eventual free range kid Danny (8/26/08)
#15 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 02:38 PM

Bleh. I'm tired of going to bed each night thinking I'm going to wake up in labor and then being disappointed each morning. I get steady, strong contractions every night and they disappear while I'm sleeping. Oh well, I'm sure they're amounting to SOMETHING in there. By all rights I should be dilated to 8 cm by now.

Just hangin' in there and twiddling my thumbs till something happens!
#16 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 03:59 PM

I wonder what would happen if I don't show up to my c/s appointment on Monday. I really don't feel like going, especially since I'm 5cm dilated already. Little girl is putting so much pressure on my back and pelvis that I can hardly walk. THose last four days have been the worst in this pregnancy. I'm in constant pain and the pressure of having to go into labor until Monday is getting the best of me.

joy.gif
#17 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I wonder what would happen if I don't show up to my c/s appointment on Monday. I really don't feel like going, especially since I'm 5cm dilated already. Little girl is putting so much pressure on my back and pelvis that I can hardly walk. THose last four days have been the worst in this pregnancy. I'm in constant pain and the pressure of having to go into labor until Monday is getting the best of me.
Oooh, I do not think I would show up. Is there a particular reason for the section (sorry, I'm having a hard time keeping up with everyone).
#18 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 04:18 PM

Well I was trying to VBAC but baby and I are doing exceptionally well and since I'm already so far dilated I just think a couple more days would probably be enough to get her out vaginally. I guess I'll call the doctor's office on Monday and see what I can do.

joy.gif
#19 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Well I was trying to VBAC but baby and I are doing exceptionally well and since I'm already so far dilated I just think a couple more days would probably be enough to get her out vaginally. I guess I'll call the doctor's office on Monday and see what I can do.
Absolutely! I'm with you 100%.
#20 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 06:18 PM

Nothing happening here. DUe the 12th though. I am very exhausted for lack of sleep either it's indigestion or leg pains...or my hubby snoring. He was such an angel this morning and took the kids out until 11:00 so i could get some shut eye. I feel better still sleepy. I was thinking if I got on the treadmill maybe it would move things along...but if It doesn't I am in agony all night with my legs.
#21 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 06:53 PM

Just talked to my OB...my c/s for Monday is called OFF...I'm elated. He told me to just come in for a checkup on Monday and he wanted to check me (he wasn't there all last week and the doc who checked me told him that I might go into labor on the weekend) and see how things were going. I'm hoping for maybe 4/5 extra days...wish me luck.

joy.gif
#22 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Just talked to my OB...my c/s for Monday is called OFF...I'm elated. He told me to just come in for a checkup on Monday and he wanted to check me (he wasn't there all last week and the doc who checked me told him that I might go into labor on the weekend) and see how things were going. I'm hoping for maybe 4/5 extra days...wish me luck.
: GL mama! Rock on!
#23 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

way to go misse!!!
now back to the oil I guess!
I googled enema and well...I've been educated it seems as if its more popular for nonfamily rated activities than labour induction or constipation..
being in my mid thirties i learn new things still

8 might be enough
#24 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 08:16 PM

nothing exciting here either noo contrx nothing

sleeping is becoming lame since i cant seem to sleep i tired but as soon as i lay down my brain wont turn off and i end u just staying up

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#25 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 08:19 PM

Sending baby vibes to all you ladies in waiting. This week will be a busy one, I'm sure!

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#26 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 08:37 PM

Still nothing here after walking around for over 3 hours...sigh

but my doula just emailed and she is home and ready to go now, so yeah! I didn't think she would make it to the birth! :

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#27 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 10:36 PM

I REALLY feel like labor is approaching. Or maybe I am loosing my mind.

Either way THIS MAY BE IT?!?! I think he'll be here this weekend!

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

#28 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 10:57 PM

Last night I woke up and wasn't feeling well. I felt crampy and maybe like I was having contractions but nothing worth timing. I was up for 2 hours and decided that I should go to sleep and make it go away.

I woke up today feeling better, but as we were out and about I started feeling yucky again. It wasn't really crampy or contraction-y, but just generally not my normal self. As soon as I started to relax I started feeling better. My mom is going to come over and help wash baby clothes and keep the kids occupied so I can get some rest.

I hope baby isn't on his way yet. My csection is scheduled for Thursday, the 14th which is already 2 weeks before my due date. As it is, I don't think he's going to be big by any stretch of the word, so I'd like him to stay put as long as possible to fatten up even if it isn't much.

SAHM to 3 boys ages 10, 7, and 3.

#29 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 11:12 PM

Stop! Touching! Me!

Anybody else with older kids ON THEM like a couple cuddley octopi? I love them so much, but I am about ready to gnaw off my arm and hand it to them if they want to touch it so much. I'm a day past my original due date, and it already feels like I'm being touched from the inside 24 hours a day. I can't handle more cuddling, even if it is from the cutest cuddle bugs in the world. I know it's because they can tell something's going on, so I feel extra bad about trying to enforce some boundaries, but MAN IT IS DRIVING ME INSANE.

Lost part of my mucous plug last night, regular contractions every night for the last week, but no other impending signs. I don't think it's going to happen any time soon.
#30 of 38 Old 08-09-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
yay! Fabulous news! Why did they want to schedule the c-section anyway?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page