Annoying comments - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-09-2008, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can handle being 40 weeks. I can handle going past the stupid due date. I can handle the annoying start-stop-start-stop labor.

I CANNOT HANDLE people saying "You're still pregnant?" "You're huge!" "I bet that baby isn't coming anytime soon." "I bet it'll come today." "I bet you don't pop until after 41 weeks." "How are you feeling?"

Seriously, I feel like the next person that says that to me will be beaten to a bloody pulp. I am avoiding certain social settings and calling certain friends just because I don't want to hear it.

Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2008, 12:53 PM

My MIL forgot my due date...emailed me to ask me when...
I have NOT responded (dh told her September smart man)
*I went nuts with #2 when she stalked me....

My mom is calling all the time but that's okay she's my mom

8 might be enough
Old 08-09-2008, 12:57 PM

I told DH yesterday that I was not answering the phone anymore. :
If you haven't heard from me, assume I'm still pregnant, m'kay?

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
Old 08-09-2008, 12:57 PM

I totally feel you. I was due 8/4/08 and am still pregnant. I'm so tired of everyone asking me 'when this baby will get here?' and then giving me their advice and instruction on how to jump start labor (everything from sex, spicy food, bumpy car rides, jumping jacks, jumping down stairs, castor oil, long walks, hikes, etc).

I know everyone is excited to meet him (including me) and I've been having stronger braxton hicks and menstral-like cramping for the past 4 days or so...but no labor yet. Just trying to relax and enjoy the last few pregnant moments - when possible (you know, inbetween the peeing every 30-60 minutes, the heartburn and exhaustion).

Good luck to you.

**Human Milk for Human Babies!**
Mother to 6 yr-old DD (my little actress!) 1.5 yr-old DS (my spirited little dude). Wife to bestest DH!
Old 08-09-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
(everything from sex, spicy food, bumpy car rides, jumping jacks, jumping down stairs, castor oil, long walks, hikes, etc).
The way I look at it is the baby will come..
I am tired of the sex talk it creeps me out look at me I am no hunkahunka burning love, walking or hiking are they freaking kidding I waddle like a penguin and no one wants to do the grandma and a walker walk WITH ME they all end up ten paces ahead...jumping jacks? You are likely to only loose your bladder function...spicy food - really do people in India, Thailand all have preemies?

You know what does freakin help babies to be born...
BEING SUPPORTED NOT HARASSED...

8 might be enough
Old 08-09-2008, 02:49 PM

Oh yeah, I hear ya!

I swear we're going to start answering the phone here with "No Baby yet." instead of "Hello". Everyday, we get at least one call from family or close friends asking if there have been any changes. You know... especially for those people who we're planning to have at the birth... if you haven't heard from us, there's a reason. The reason? NO baby yet!

Laura wife to Dan , BFing Babywearing RadicalUSing SAHM to my free range kid Craig (12/20/93) and eventual free range kid Danny (8/26/08)
Old 08-09-2008, 03:59 PM

I know, what's with people you barely know tell ing you to GIO with your DH to get labour going? Ummm...I barely know you. Gross.

I had one positive encounter today-someone was like "Well you look too great to be close to delivery!" It's probably BS, but it was nice to hear after a slew of "You're still pregnant/look at you/whoa..." comments.

I know that what I do (short of medical induction, which I won't do) likely won't bring on labour. I don't get to decide: the baby does. And if he/she needs a couple more days, I'm okay with that. If it's a couple weeks, we have some chatting to do...

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
Old 08-09-2008, 06:26 PM

I had one....that got me in a bad mood. A man from Church said, "Gwen, aren't you overdue now?".

"No, I am not over due now.

I guess it wasn't so bad...then the other day my dad said, "Gwen you are big."
Thanks dad....so are you.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:27 PM

On the other hand the ladies from church dubbed me cutiest pregnant woman.

awe!
Old 08-09-2008, 06:58 PM

My mom has informed me she'll be calling every day next week since I am due on Friday. She can call all she wants...doesn't mean I'll answer the phone.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootpoetry View Post
My mom has informed me she'll be calling every day next week since I am due on Friday. She can call all she wants...doesn't mean I'll answer the phone.
I did the same thing with my mom and even started maternity leave early to avoid all of this.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Old 08-09-2008, 09:22 PM

hhahahah yep i stopped answering the phone aug 1st it is aug u r due in aug soo u should be having the baby soon right

ummmm nooooo my due date is aug 26th but i acually have until sept 9th which gives me until 42 weeks

soo i dont call or talk to anyone right now lol

one of my husbands friends his twins turn 2 on aug 23 and the only reason why i know that is cause he told me to have my baby on that day yeah umm ohh ok like i have control over that

just like my husband told me to go into labor during the day and have the baby during the day yeah umm ohhh ok like i have control over that as well

soo in front of them both i look down at my belly and tell baby u heard that right be born on aug 23rd if u want and for ur daddy come out during the day daddy doesnt want middle of the night labor lol

again who knows when and how this kid will enter the world i will happy if he is born anyday since he didnt come out on the 2 days i hoped for lol

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
Old 08-09-2008, 11:04 PM

I've been getting the "Wow look at your belly!" comments since I was 32 weeks....AS IF I don't know?!!!

The worst was yesterday, I usually get on the treadmill in our apartment building gym (a lot of very young, childless couples here), from the back I don't look PG at all. I walk pretty fast on the treadmill..in comes a young 20 something couple and get on the machines next to me, the woman turns to look at me and *thinks* I don't notice, looks freakishly at my belly whips her head to tell her BF God knows what, he looks at me, I give him the look of death, he gets embarrassed and tries to tell her to shut up under his breath.... aaahhhhh!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 11:13 PM

I just changed our answering machine message: "Hi, you've reached the P. family. No, we haven't had the baby yet, but when we do, we'll be sure to let you know. If you're calling about anything else, feel free to leave a message. Thanks!"

I'm not even due until Friday and we're already getting calls, mostly from DH's coworkers. I think they must have a pool set up or something.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
I did the same thing with my mom and even started maternity leave early to avoid all of this.
Turned out it wasn't exactly early though! ;-)

We were downtown today for the Fastest Kid in Town Race that dd ran in, and this older lady just kept *staring* at me! I looked again and she was staring again, so I waved and yelled "hello!". She got all embarrassed. hahahhaha
Old 08-10-2008, 12:44 AM

my mom's cell phone showed too few bars at the restaurant this evening...panic ensued and called me just in case she missed my call- she has voicemail on her cell phone

8 might be enough
Old 08-10-2008, 01:29 AM

So I did what I threatened.

After my sister called this morning, and DH's mom called this morning, we then got a phone call from my mom. "Hello, no baby yet!" is how I answered the phone . My mom just busted up, then Dad wanted to know what was so funny, and he laughed when Mom told him. At least they had a good sense of humor about it. I'm gonna keep answering the phone that way for family and close friends.

Laura wife to Dan , BFing Babywearing RadicalUSing SAHM to my free range kid Craig (12/20/93) and eventual free range kid Danny (8/26/08)
Old 08-10-2008, 04:27 AM

I too am pretty sick of the calls and comments. Like someone said, especially from people like um, my parents or his parents who are COMING to the birth?

Did you have the baby yet?
Oh yes, 3 months ago, I forgot to tell you LOL

And I have had the "no baby yet" message for 2 weeks now. I just don't answer the phone anymore because it ticks me off!

But today when we went to walk around at the local old home day, the lady who parked us was like, you look great for someone who is overdue! So that was nice at least..thanks, I am glad I don't look like death warmed over. I am pregnant, not dead!

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

Old 08-10-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie cracker View Post

We were downtown today for the Fastest Kid in Town Race that dd ran in, and this older lady just kept *staring* at me! I looked again and she was staring again, so I waved and yelled "hello!". She got all embarrassed. hahahhaha
Yes, why is it when you're pregnant, you're suddenly BLIND too?!!! I hate the stares as if I don't know they're looking.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:10 PM

I'm getting the opposite comments - which can still be annoying. I'm almost 6' and was flat as a board pre-pregnancy (both chest and tummy). When people ask when I'm due and I tell them in a week and a half they say "oh but you're so small!" or "you must be having a small baby".

I want to ask them if they've considered how tall I am and want to say "with me being this tall, do you think I'd make a small baby??". I did not get the small genes, that's for sure. And people forget that part of the baby (a very big part - the head) is drilling into my pelvic region but they can't see that part...only the part of him that's making my belly expand. They also forget that every woman is different...
Old 08-10-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie cracker View Post

I know. It was right on time.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

User Tag List