daily thread Sunday 8/10 - for the still pregnant mamas - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
40+1 for me today, too.
I am feeling really PMSish (sore breasts, weepy, hyper-sensitive to smells, sounds, etc) and ama hoping that this is a sign. Has anyone else felt this wat before labour before?
Otherwise - I'm just waiting around. I am feeling kind of tired, actually, and haven't had any strong nesting urges in the last few days... hopefully my house doesn't get 'undone'.
#32 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 11:03 PM

we went out today..
the restaurant had a big picture window FACING the hosptial
I thought great we are right HERE..
I driving away little crocodile tears...

8 might be enough
#33 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 11:37 PM

I'm 40w +6 days...still no munchkin. Feeling huge and uncomfortable - waddling everywhere b/c I feel like he's going to fall out of me. Having lots of practice labor for the past few days, and today I starting having some back pain and sharp pelvic pain with them, but they seem to have died out.

I'm hoping to have him in the next week, if not, I won't be able to deliver at the birth center and I really don't want to go to the hospital.

Ah well, he'll get here when he's ready.

Thanks for listening to me vent.

**Human Milk for Human Babies!**
Mother to 6 yr-old DD (my little actress!) 1.5 yr-old DS (my spirited little dude). Wife to bestest DH!
#34 of 42 Old 08-11-2008, 12:01 AM

I went on a cleaning/organizing frenzy today....
My husband couldn't BELIEVE how much I did....I've been really tired and exhausted otherwise.

Is that a good sign?
#35 of 42 Old 08-11-2008, 12:13 AM

I have had no true desire to clean lately, it's like I know I should do it but I just dont want to so I dont. I made myself scrub the tub clean today though and it looks so nice and inviting now I think I'll take a bubble bath tonight. Dh and I took ds and the dog out to the park yeseterday and today so that was really nice and relaxing... You know I used to have lots of pelvic pressure that lasted for like 3 weeks and in the past 4 days or so I havent felt that, I've actually been able to walk comfortably, I mean my back still hurts a bit but my crotch doesnt feel like its about to explode.. Whats that about? Good or Bad?

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#36 of 42 Old 08-11-2008, 01:06 AM

I'm exhausted today.

Last night had contractions that were five minutes apart for about 12 hours. They eventually got to three minutes apart ... thought "this is it!!" and then they petered out.

I'm not anxious to get things going but I did get excited.
#37 of 42 Old 08-11-2008, 01:56 AM

After being stuck at the flight terminal for 72 hours in Northern Iraq, my husband finally got a flight to Kuwait and then to Germany. He is supposed to arrive at the airport in Tucson tomorrow! We haven't seen him for 8 months so we're all so excited.
I haven't had any prelabor signs yet, which has been great since he's been gone, but now I'll hope things start moving, or we're going for an induction on Wednesday!
#38 of 42 Old 08-11-2008, 02:28 AM

Busy day today. A night of insomnia. A birthday. A nap: Mom visiting. Cleaning. Tired and hoping for a restful night.
Overall feeling quite good.

Mama to two beautiful children. 

#39 of 42 Old 08-11-2008, 03:02 AM

i was hoping to have my baby on my birthday today but nope he decided to stay in hehehehe

i was very tired today and took a nap 3 hr nap and then drank coffee at 9pm a big noo noo soo now iam up and my family is passed out lol

about to drink milk in hoping that will tire me out some

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#40 of 42 Old 08-11-2008, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameo View Post
After being stuck at the flight terminal for 72 hours in Northern Iraq, my husband finally got a flight to Kuwait and then to Germany. He is supposed to arrive at the airport in Tucson tomorrow! We haven't seen him for 8 months so we're all so excited.
I haven't had any prelabor signs yet, which has been great since he's been gone, but now I'll hope things start moving, or we're going for an induction on Wednesday!
I'm so excited for you! That's alot going on right now mama. I'm sure you can sit back and relax and enjoy having your man home! I hope your timing works out just right!

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
#41 of 42 Old 08-11-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameo View Post
That's so exciting! We recently moved from Tucson to Boston! DS was born at TMC with the midwives there..loved it!
#42 of 42 Old 08-11-2008, 04:11 PM

I was almost halfway sure last night was gonna be it...I had pretty strong contractions while laying in bed that lasted for what felt like hours...and then I fell asleep and woke up in the morning AGAIN with no baby. Arrrggghh. Prodromal labor is SO ANNOYING.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page