daily thread Sunday 8/10 - for the still pregnant mamas - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got a little worried last night - was having lots of practice contractions before going to sleep. First 20 minutes apart, then 10, then 5. But not painful, and they eventually stopped. As much as I want the next two weeks to go by quickly, I don't want him to come two weeks early.

DD is having a sleepover with DH's co-worker tonight. They are both super excited! She has 5 Chihuahuas and used to work at a M.A.C. counter, so they have makeovers planned. DH and I are going out to dinner at a non-kid friendly restaurant and maybe a movie.
#2 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 09:36 AM

I've been browsing around trying to find good diagrams of the early changes to the cervix. Like the difference between anterior and posterior. But all I can find are the same stupid effacement/dilation charts and those are all front views.
#3 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 10:07 AM

Nothing new here. I'm good with no action. I still feel like she'll be early, but who knows - no real indications yet.

We went to a backyard party last night. I saw a lot of people I haven't seen in a while. I got all the questions - When are you due? How are you feeling? Do you have a name yet? It would have been nice to have some of the Sangria they were serving to help me cope with the questions I think next weekend will be more annoying, though - bigger party and one week later for me. Maybe she'll come with the full moon on Friday.
#4 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 10:10 AM

Not much new here. We've been trying to do a lot with 5 yr. old ds while he's still the only child. Yesterday we took him bowling for the first time. He had such a blast. Friday, my mom and I took him to a county fair. I figure if all this activity doesn't get baby ready to come out, then I am content to wait!
#5 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 10:41 AM

My midwife gets back into town today, so now I am relaxed and happy to go whenever! Now I'm back to thinking it will be Sept. 1st.

We went out to breakfast with friends yesterday and got Thai take-out for dinner, so that was a real treat. Today I'm doing grocery shopping, laundry, and making lunches for the week. Oh, and hopefully scrubbing the bathroom.

Now if I could just get finished with stuff at work...I'm thinking if I haven't gone before then, I might just start my maternity leave after Labor Day.
#6 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 10:48 AM

40+5... nothing is happening, at all. I go back and forth between boredom and worrying. I have my phone and email off the hook, the only person I want to be around is dh. Other than that I *feel* fine!

mama to Allison 8-18-08 and Ethan 1-24-11  heartbeat.gif

#7 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 11:27 AM

Today is my due date and I'm hoping hoping hoping to go into labor soon. It is so frustrating. My back is killing me and I'm feeling terribly dizzy today.

joy.gif
#8 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 11:43 AM

Today is my "bowel prep" day -- no solid food, only liquids, Jello, and broth. I woke up starving and it's just getting worse. At 2:00 I start the laxative regime. Ugh. What a day! And my c-section isn't until noon tomorrow, so at that point I'll be 36 hours without food. UGH. I can't even think about it!

Of course, at the end of it, the little one will be here. Maybe I can reconceptualize the whole process of starvation, laxatives, and c-section as just a 36-hour labor?

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
#9 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 12:02 PM

I finally fell back asleep after venting last night-thank goodness.

And the baby calmed after I took some chamomila that a wonderful homeopathic mama on here made for me. It settled us both down and aside from peeing and the occasional random contraction, we got some rest.

He feels even lower now, he has GOT to be lower than zero station at this point. But still nothing in the way of contractions or water breaking...

I am hoping to go the lake today so I can commune with nature and float because the pressure is just about to unbearable now. I just want to sit in the water with everyone around me and hope that the water and friends surrounding me will let this baby know that he is loved and it is ok to come out!

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#10 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
He feels even lower now, he has GOT to be lower than zero station at this point.
amen.
the midwife said on Thursday she couldn't feel the head at all..that means the baby is way deep down in your pelvis - like duh I could have told you where his grapefruit/pumello head was...

I feel like a stiff wind would send me over the edge.
But I slept through the Propane blast 3 blocks away otherwise it might have scared me into labour (www.thestar.com if you are interested)

Oh there goes another freakin useless contraction not going anywhere...
oh preparing my cervix - My last baby I went from zero dilation to hero dilated in one hour...I don't need to be prepared! I just need some real contractions and all of this they come when they are supposed to its crap I tell ya my son was born overdue at 10half pounds he could have come the week before and it would have still been his time....sigh...frustrations

8 might be enough
#11 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 12:55 PM

...still waiting...
#12 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
amen.
the midwife said on Thursday she couldn't feel the head at all..that means the baby is way deep down in your pelvis - like duh I could have told you where his grapefruit/pumello head was...
So when they can't feel the head ... is that good or no? I do feel pressure of her head but only when I have a BH contraction or carry around DS.

joy.gif
#13 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 01:00 PM

Yep it means the baby's head is BELOW the top of your pubic bone..
easy way to tell find the babies shoulders..then you can estimate head station inside without a vaginal exam. They calculate it in how many 5ths you can feel of the head...I guess I am a no fifths or a one fifths...or zero inside station or better?

8 might be enough
#14 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 01:17 PM

OK. My OB said he couldn't feel the head and I thought that meant that she was still floating around in there. You never stop learning. Thank you.

joy.gif
#15 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 01:23 PM

I spent most of yesterday napping because DD gave me her cold. : I'm still a little congested, but will be fine. My poor DH is still in bed feeling crappy.

So, my due date is tomorrow. I got up early, unloaded/reloaded the dishwasher, made myself breakfast, went to two different grocery stores, and am now sitting here drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea and munching on fresh pineapple. I feel somewhat restless. I think I'll make some bread in a bit.

Also it feels like the little one has dropped. I would really, really like to go into labor tonight.

Editing to add... I've been really hot for the past two days. Weird pregnancy symptom or body getting ready for labor?

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#16 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 05:11 PM

so the full moon is on Friday haa? hmm...
#17 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 06:08 PM

Hang in there, mommas!

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#18 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Isra* View Post
so the full moon is on Friday haa? hmm...
I thought it was Saturday?

We had a hardcore thunderstorm today with lightning striking all around our house, and I stood out on the porch hoping it would scare the baby out. DS1 was born during a huge storm, I remember reading the paper the day he was born and seeing pictures of the flooding everywhere. But now the rain's stopped and I'm still sitting here. *sigh*

I am such a cliche pregnant woman...I went around scrubbing all the baseboards today. And after I digest this sandwich I Just ate, I'm gonna be scrubbing the floor. I figure I'll never have the desire to do this ever again so I might as well take advantage of it!
#19 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 06:12 PM

I don't have the desire to clean anything today. I don't even want to get up from the couch. I just want to sit here and feel sorry for myself with my backpain :. Poor DS, we've been inside the house all day but I can't stand the summer heat right now...this is just a very blah day.

ETA: Full moon is on Saturday, the 16th.

joy.gif
#20 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 06:34 PM

Ugh I am in such a pissy mood today. I want to growl at people. Maybe I should just go take a nap or something? Bleh...
#21 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
ETA: Full moon is on Saturday, the 16th.
That's right. I knew it was the 16th, but for some reason I was thinking that was Friday.
#22 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 07:54 PM

Still waiting here too! Today we made applesauce with the kiddos from our apple tree, and I did a lot of sitting. It's basically completely impossible for me to be active at all at this point. I'm so excited to start getting back in motion! Come on out, baby, mama wants to be able to walk without pelvic pain!

I love reading all the new baby threads! There are so many!
#23 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 08:00 PM

stilllllllll waiting!!!

Maybe the 16th-17th will be my day? But god it really feels like it will be tomorrow, haha. I did guess the 17th, so who knows!?

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

#24 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 09:05 PM

I've pretty much fallen off the face of the earth. I am totally not on this planet anymore.

I spent the day yesterday trying to get baby to RE-ENGAGE because pelvic pressure makes me happy (or at least it feels like progress ) The baby was engaged before but then she decided to disengage so I'm doing the "Baby get back in my pelvis!" dance. Yes I even made up a song.

I was really tired after dancing and jumping jacks and never being reclined the whole day but I still didn't sleep well.

I had bad cramps all night.

Also, EPO SMELLS FUNNY! I don't like the smell of it and it leaks all over the place. Gross. I hope it's doing something.

I've been loosing chunks of mucous which I can only assume is plug, but other than that and a few random contractions there's nothing in the way of progress going on.

My due date is Thursday.. WTF how did that happen!?

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#25 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
Also, EPO SMELLS FUNNY! I don't like the smell of it and it leaks all over the place. Gross. I hope it's doing something.
Try burping the taste back up after taking it orally. That's even more fun.

I had a wee bit of bloody show earlier, but I don't want to get myself psyched up for nothing. Just gonna scrub the floor like a good preggo.
#26 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 09:27 PM

Still herre. I'm really discouraged today. I've figured out I can only sleep in hour to hour and a half increments - and at night it takes me at least 20 minutes to get to sleep and I'm usually up from either 2-3:30 or 3-4:30am. Makes for long days and nights. I've tried Tylenol pm, but it doesn't do sh*t. I'm super grumpy today - I'm at a week now of non-productive contractions.

I'm deciding if I'm still going to work a normal schedule this week. I don't really want to (don't know if I really can based on the amt of sleep I'm getting), but if I got past my edd I don't want to take more than a week of vacation time (my vacation time isn't used for maternity leave, but I'd like to have some to take over the holidays, etc).

Another thing I'm pretty bummed about is my mom is a teacher in New Mexico and she has Monday and Tuesday of this week and then she heads back to school, so it's going to be hard for her to take time off after Tuesday. Plus my doctor leaves on Tuesday for a week. <sigh> I just feel like everything is against me right now. :

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#27 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 09:37 PM

Feeling great still. I went to a parenting meeting today and made a name tag that said "Yes I'm pregnant. I feel great. No, I don't want to talk about it." It worked! No one asked or said anything about me being pregnant. :

I go to my MW appointment tomorrow. I skipped last weeks appointment. I'm actually looking forward to it too.
#28 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Banned

also feeling great. baby's movement is still very dynamic and awesome.

the cleaning and purging is almost finished. my mom and sister were here all weekend and did a great job. my sister is still here to finish up a few things that simply couldn't get done, and my friend patti is coming back over tomorrow to help purge the last closet!

the last thing to purge is our old clothing--most of it being my husband's--and then make baby wipes out of old t-shirts and such.

from there, i wash and organize baby clothes, make hand sanitizer and baby wipe fluids, and then put the car seat into the car.

the new mattress comes at the end of the week, and that's it! we'll be done on friday!

i do feel a lot better having the house pretty much cleaned/organized. the books aren't in the order i would like (they just put them on the shelves randomly), but i can always reorganize that while "waiting" until the birth, and there are a few things that my husband needs to keep up with, but otherwise, we're good!

and i'm psyched. so, then the baby can come at any moment.
#29 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 10:18 PM

Thumbed though Active Birth yesterday evening and got super excited for this birth. Exactly why didn't I brush up on that earlier?

Dh and I are serious about actively finding a girl name now, and are doubting the boy name we have picked out. lol maybe we won't have a name ready...

I'm now asking dd to nurse all the time, lol. Tried nipple stim. last night and got a lot of good strong bh's. When she nurses it's even better. Let the colostrum flow! I asked her if it tasted like cookies and she nodded with a smile (yeah, you know that smile they get while still suckling... melts my heart!)

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#30 of 42 Old 08-10-2008, 10:30 PM

40w1d today. Tweaked my shoulder this week, and even my massage therapist friend couldn't work the knot completely out. So it's interfered with my sleep all week. This morning, early, after only about 5 hours sleep I found myself awake (this was at 4:30 am), so I got up and worked in the baby's room. Putting stuff away, getting all the hand-me-down clothes (from a friend) sorted into can wear now/can't wear til later groups, straightening up, that sort of thing. Finally woke DH; told him I wanted to go to breakfast. He agreed (smart man), and we headed out to breakfast... where the waitress said something I had to share here.

As we're debating whether or not I'll fit in a booth, she asks when I'm due. I say yesterday, and her eyes got really large, and she says "Oh my! Do you have something scheduled for that?" DH and I both looked at her, I said no, things are fine, and she seated us (turns out I did fit at the booth). We've spent the day chuckling about it.

Anyway, had a few more ctx today, and it's been a totally odd day. Really tired (partly due to the lack of sleep), in bathrooms with BMs all day - not diarrhea but soft, hungry like at the beginning of this pg - and nauseous like I haven't been in a while, and the hormones - I've been weepy all day. Hopefully this means that we're getting somewhere, and that this baby will be arriving soon. Of course, I've been hoping that all this last week. Who knows?

Laura wife to Dan , BFing Babywearing RadicalUSing SAHM to my free range kid Craig (12/20/93) and eventual free range kid Danny (8/26/08)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page