Daily Thread- Thursday 8/14 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oooh we call that a 'car-B-que'!

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
#32 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 03:24 PM

5lbs in one day - yep its called water rentention...welcome to the end zone
now when we all get to do our victory dance....sigh...

I am actually getting legitimate contractions - you know see the baby outline type....I am sure they will go away ...hope has died.....well it is thundering...let me check the weather report for labour...lol north america is ALL GREEN...sigh...

car-b-q.....lol is it tacky to roast marshmellows on someone's burning car...
marshmallows...I could eat those...
I am going to walk to the mall and eat my brains out...
or go back for a nap....lol....I haven't eaten today yet.
(I had a quarter pie with whipping cream late last night...)

wow its really thundering...I love thunder

8 might be enough
#33 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redebeth View Post
Well I did my duty and got enthusiastic about DTD last night. The sucky part was that it really HURT. Even with a alot of lube, it was just so tender and sensitive, I was trying not to cringe or gasp the whole time. What's up with that? This is totally new to me, has anyone else noticed this? Is this just a big "NO VACANCY" sign?
Ummm this is me since... 20 weeks? If I had some advice I would surely share!!

41+2

I have been having real, yet irregular, contractions that *do not* hurt for days and days - I had to confirm this with my mw yesterday just to make sure I'm not crazy. Got the membrane sweep yesterday, was 2 cm, 75% effaced, 0 station. Ok my mw told me to get up this morning, have sex as many times as possible ("to have lots of orgasms" - ha, are you kidding me, that would have to be accomplished separately so add another line item), eat breakfast, take castor oil dose #1, do an enema, then wait til after lunch, take another dose of CO and do ANOTHER ENEMA. OMG. Right. Surely that cannot all be necessary at this point. Anyway I did the CO once already this week and while it did not start labor it was generally not that bad for me, so I'm doing that part again... howev there will be neither enemas nor sex on the plate today. Then again I never had any idea how much being 41 weeks messes with you mentally - a week ago I said I'd never do castor oil and look at me now. Don't judge me, I'm judging myself enough already

mama to Allison 8-18-08 and Ethan 1-24-11  heartbeat.gif

#34 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Ok so I did my nightly bounce bounce on the birth ball. First contraction actually hurt on the ball, didn't have too many more like normal but it's becoming more and more uncomfortable, yet they claim she isn't even half way engaged?

What am I missing?

Dh checked me again, no change, but thinks cervix is mid and soft it also hurts now when he touches the OS
#35 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 05:29 PM

what is curb walking??
#36 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post

I want my baby!!! I wanna snuggle. :

Me too!! I can't stop crying, I don't know why I am so depressed.

And this bed rest is making it worse

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

#37 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
here r my fav tie dyed diapers
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...d/IMG00288.jpg
here is all of them
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...d/IMG00287.jpg

and these r the solid color diapers i did the color is uneven in the blue green and orange
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...d/IMG00289.jpg

on the tie dyed diapers i let the dye sit for 4 hrs and i think next time i will let it sit for the full 8 hrs but really even at 4hrs i think they r great
Amanda-those came out so great! Thank you for sharing the inspiration. I'm definitely doing that tonight once it cools off. And I'll wrap them up overnight so the dye stays in awhile. It's over 100degrees F right now, so I'm not going outside until it's under 80 if I want to keep seeing my ankles.

Now, if my toddler will stop nursing in a little bit, I'll be able to read what's going on with everyone on this thread in a little while...

Zoie, granola mum to three boys on earth, one girl who soars  
#38 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoie2013 View Post
Amanda-those came out so great! Thank you for sharing the inspiration. I'm definitely doing that tonight once it cools off. And I'll wrap them up overnight so the dye stays in awhile. It's over 100degrees F right now, so I'm not going outside until it's under 80 if I want to keep seeing my ankles.

Now, if my toddler will stop nursing in a little bit, I'll be able to read what's going on with everyone on this thread in a little while...
post pics of how urs turned out i soo want to buy more prefolds and do some more hehhehe but noo money heheheh

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#39 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 08:56 PM

nothing new here we had another art day at the house for my toddler iam just trying to keep him busy until the baby comes cause he has been soo clingy

here is my toddler after art day heheh he totally loved it i gave him a cat face and that was not good enough soo he fixed it hehe
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...d/IMG00292.jpg

i weaned my son in july but he still ask for boobie and sooo temped to give in and see if that will get labor started but hubby would freak out

i am just soo ready to have this baby he is at -2 right now still high to me heheh and iam 2cm 75%

but iam 38 weeks soo i know it is early and if he wants to stay then he can stay but me and hubby have been DTD every other day hoping to get things going soo far it is not working lol

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#40 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apelilae View Post
As my two year old keeps yelling at my belly "COME OUT BABY!!!"
Lol, my two year old is also saying "baby come out" many times a day!

So, it's the 15th here, I looked out the window and we have a full moon or like 98% full. Is the moon full in Europe before the US?? I'm confused.
Also my MW get's the 16th for my edd, but every time i check it on the nett with one of those calculators, I get the 13th?? First day of last mens was the 7th of nov.

Anyways, I guess I'm about 40 weeks no matter what. :

Started feeling crampy and tight at IKEA today, I was so hoping my water wouldn't break as I was sitting on a display chair lol I think I'm about 2cm open, but is that even possible if you haven't lost the famous plug yet??

Oh, and I think the yeast infection is back anyone deal with this right before birth? I don't know what to do about it so close to edd...

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#41 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 09:20 PM

Blech, I'm having a yucky day too. My sister got in a car accident today with her two lo's. I picked them up from the children's hospital, they are ok, but my sis is still in emerg. Not a good time to have a baby, so I'm actually hoping not to go into labor for the next couple of days. Go figure, after all my chanting "come baby come" etc I'm really hoping he stays in there.

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
#42 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
Lol, my two year old is also saying "baby come out" many times a day!

So, it's the 15th here, I looked out the window and we have a full moon or like 98% full. Is the moon full in Europe before the US?? I'm confused.
Also my MW get's the 16th for my edd, but every time i check it on the nett with one of those calculators, I get the 13th?? First day of last mens was the 7th of nov.

Anyways, I guess I'm about 40 weeks no matter what. :

Started feeling crampy and tight at IKEA today, I was so hoping my water wouldn't break as I was sitting on a display chair lol I think I'm about 2cm open, but is that even possible if you haven't lost the famous plug yet??

Oh, and I think the yeast infection is back anyone deal with this right before birth? I don't know what to do about it so close to edd...
The moon looks full here too, lol. Our eyes just cant detect that tiny missing sliver, I guess (well, it is like 1/28th of the moon... hard to detect).

My first day of LMP was nov 8 and my due date is today (14th). My MW gets the 16th when she looks at her wheel because it counts days in progress, not days completed and it also does not take into account leap year. Maybe something similar is going on with you.

I think you can loose mucous plug without knowing it. Like it goes in the toilet when you go to the bathroom (and who inspects the toilet water every time!? ), or you loose it in tiny pieces with a lot of discharge so it's not noticeable. Some women never see their mucous plug (but it obviously have to come out if the baby does!!).

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#43 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 10:08 PM

Our son was born this morning at 11:55 am! He is perfect with lots of dark hair like mommy.

7 lbs 15 oz
20 1/2 inches

Still no name...we are still trying some on to see what fits just right.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#44 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post
Our son was born this morning at 11:55 am! He is perfect with lots of dark hair like mommy.

7 lbs 15 oz
20 1/2 inches

Congratulations, naturegirl!!!! I can't wait to hear what you decide on.
#45 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 10:19 PM

Ugh, not a damn thing here.

DH thinks the contractions I DO have mean something. why, yes, they do, they're just helping me progress. I told him not to get excited until I can't walk or talk through them. Right now, I just get them here and there throughout the day and then more at night. But, nothing that can't be breathed through. He was deployed for our first kiddo's birth, so he's really got no idea what is going on and when things will happen.

His gramma is visiting and she's never had a full pregnancy (all her babies were premature! and still living thankfully) so she thinks I should have an induction :P. I told her I declined the induction my OB offered just because there's no real (aka, urgent or necessary) reason for her to come out early. She's obviously very happy in there and I'm not going to force her out early because it's "inconvenient" that she'll be coming so late.
/end rant, sorry. lol.

I mean, I do wish labor would pick up and DO something buuuut if my body doesn't wanna, then I don't wanna force it.
#46 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:

7 lbs 15 oz
20 1/2 inches

Yay! I am so happy for you! : Can't wait to hear the story!

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
#47 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie cracker View Post
what is curb walking??
You walk with one foot on the curb and the other foot...not (on the street or whatever). So you're kind of off-kilter. It's entertaining for everyone else to watch, too!

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#48 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
The moon looks full here too, lol. Our eyes just cant detect that tiny missing sliver, I guess (well, it is like 1/28th of the moon... hard to detect).

My first day of LMP was nov 8 and my due date is today (14th). My MW gets the 16th when she looks at her wheel because it counts days in progress, not days completed and it also does not take into account leap year. Maybe something similar is going on with you.

I think you can loose mucous plug without knowing it. Like it goes in the toilet when you go to the bathroom (and who inspects the toilet water every time!? ), or you loose it in tiny pieces with a lot of discharge so it's not noticeable. Some women never see their mucous plug (but it obviously have to come out if the baby does!!).
That's right! This year was a leap year, right?

I guess the moons not totally full, but sjeesh, full enough for some birthing vibes ! Baby come out . I think that's why I'm staying up late every night, hoping to feel the start of birth...

I've had the yeast infection from he** this whole pregnancy, would that effect me noticing loosing the plug? maybe the yeast ate it! I didn't have ANY yeast problems with dd and lot of eggy white stuff the last week with dd, so far with this one nothing... since dd was born in the caul I'm not waiting for my water to break lol

I checked my cervix the other day and got freaked out, like I felt an opening and then some thin membranes and the baby's head. Is that right? should it feel like that?

Quote:

7 lbs 15 oz
20 1/2 inches

Hurray! So happy for you all!! :

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#49 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 11:51 PM

I don't know why, but this killed me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
maybe the yeast ate it!
LOL, maybe it did, who knows!? It's all so mysterious.

Have you tried probiotics for the yeast infection? Get yourself some bio-k!! I don't think it will cause any problems with the birth at all.. it increases the baby's chance of getting thrush, though.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page