Daily Thread- Thursday 8/14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I have 3 days until Induction day! I'm so nervous. More pressure down below and egg white like discharge, maybe baby will come on her own!

Anyone get growth scans? My last one the lady had to be nuts, said the baby gained 22oz in 2 weeks, head was on the bottom of the chart, tummy on the top of the chart and if I went to 40 weeks I'd have a 9lb baby, WTH? I don't think there is any way in hell. Baby is so cramped they could hardly do the scan, not to mention I've lost weight again

Silly scans, useless sometimes
#2 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 05:26 AM

: Labor before induction day vibes! :

I haven't even heard of growth scans. The whole idea of a "growth scan" sounds kind of bogus unless they suspect IUGR or something. Maybe the doctors take your "data" and make graphs out of it for fun and compare them to their colleagues graphs to see who makes the prettiest graphs.

My MW palpitated my abdomen yesterday and seems to believe the baby is "approaching 8 pounds." That's cool with me. I'm not really worried about the size of the baby in any way. I'm curious to see how close she is in her prediction, though!

SO... today is my DUE DATE! That seems so crazy to me... even though I know I'm ready for this baby to be born.

I've had a lot of butterflies in the tummy today, along with some lovely cramps and a whole lot of knife-in-the-cervix pains. I'm sure it means nothing.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#3 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

My first had IUGR so they have kept a better eye this time.

I've had pressure when on the loo and having a contraction and loads of ripping like pains in my cervix. I do have scar tissue from a LOOP and a previous stitch.

I hope it's the beginning of something
#4 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishmama View Post
My first had IUGR so they have kept a better eye this time.

I've had pressure when on the loo and having a contraction and loads of ripping like pains in my cervix. I do have scar tissue from a LOOP and a previous stitch.

I hope it's the beginning of something
Hey, look how smart I am with that IUGR call for the scans.
Unfortunately now my "Doctors make graphs for fun!" comment is less funny.

I hope everything goes well for you!

#5 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
Hey, look how smart I am with that IUGR call for the scans.
Unfortunately now my "Doctors make graphs for fun!" comment is less funny.

I hope everything goes well for you!
Well some of their graphs are stupid. I've found the private clinic is good with measurements but funny enough the hospital always has these huge weight increases. You'd think they would be worried about a baby gaining so much every week if they thought it was true LOL

Even with 101 medical conditions the OB is useless, funny huh!
#6 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 07:01 AM

My water broke about an hour ago! I've been thinking it would for the last couple of days, but didn't want to voice my fears. I thought a little pee came out when I got up to use the bathroom. Then when I got off the toilet water started coming out. When I moved to grab a towel some more came out and it soaked the towel almost immediately! Luckily I have some pads to wear, but we may need more!

My water broke with my first and labor never really got going. I ended up with drugs to help me rest, pitocin and an epidural eventually. I don't want ANY wires this time. But I REALLY don't want this to go on for days. It was 40 hours with my first. I'm going to do some searches and figure out how to get things going. I'm drinking my RRL tea right now and planning on walking when it gets light.

Please send me some "get labor going" vibes!
#7 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

How exciting! I'd start messing with your nipples! It can help.

Lots of good vibe coming your way!!!
#8 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 09:22 AM

Go, Jule924, go!!!

Britishmama, what are your plans for your induction? I'm scheduled for one tomorrow because of GD. I've gotten the doc and my midwives to agree to let me go to 40 weeks tomorrow (originally I was scheduled to be induced last Friday but talked them into letting me go one more week).

I had a BPP and ultrasound Tuesday. They estimated our little guy at 9lb2oz. I'm so curious to find out how close they are. At my appt with my midwife yesterday she said she didn't think he was 9 lbs yet. But, these are also the midwives who guessed my first at 8 lbs and he came out 10lb 11oz. My gut feeling says he is somewhere close to 9lbs right now - he doesn't feel as big as his brother but he feels longer (my first was just 20 inches).
#9 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 09:43 AM

No internals yet. No discussion of induction. No late U/S. My midwife is very hands-off in this way. It's driving me a bit batty, although I know nothing really matters. Baby will come when it's ready. I was due 8-12. I'm so f**king done being pregnant. I'm doing acupuncture inductions, walking a lot, and we even DTD last night which actually was much more enjoyable than I thought it could be. I've talked to the baby encouraging it to come out; telling it all the reasons it should come out. I've done lots of visualizations. I'll get nice and steady and strong contractions for a good period of time, sometimes all day then nada.

As my two year old keeps yelling at my belly "COME OUT BABY!!!"
#10 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 10:00 AM

Jule, that's so exciting!

Good luck, Cheshire!

I was up lots of last night with what I thought were painfulish contractions (though 10 mins apart), but I think it was actually gas pains. I couldn't sleep anyway, so I got up and started cleaning, since I was worried it was time. hehe

dd has been terrible with sleeping lately. Has anyone's LO ever slept *less* because of a growth spurt? Or maybe she just wants to get every last bit of me and DH while she has us to herself?

edited to fix some typos. stupid preggo brain.
#11 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire View Post

Britishmama, what are your plans for your induction? I'm scheduled for one tomorrow because of GD. I've gotten the doc and my midwives to agree to let me go to 40 weeks tomorrow (originally I was scheduled to be induced last
I'm in the UK where you get little choice, I also haven't a clue what my bishop's score is since they won't check till Monday.

I personally would prefer a AROM and nothing else but not sure if that is their "method"

The prostin gel can cause further heart problems as well as the pitocin. Need to wait and see.

I have some egg white ish mucus and stronger ctx so maybe she'll come on her own, no one knows

I hate the unknowing, do you know what they plan to do to you?

Oh and this baby feels smaller than DS, and I'm tiny compared to with him, and she's a girl, so it's odd they think she's huge, I think the scan tech at the hospital was drunk personally
#12 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apelilae View Post
No internals yet. No discussion of induction. No late U/S. My midwife is very hands-off in this way. It's driving me a bit batty, although I know nothing really matters. Baby will come when it's ready.
Ditto this. Except I'm using a family doc. I actually slept last night, I think more than I have in WEEKS. It was wonderful. I now feel like I could actually go through labor and birth whereas I was a little nervous previously about having enough energy. I'm a teensy bit crampy this morning and I know my cervix is low, in front, effacing and soft (although, I don't think I've dilated much). So bring it on! Sat is my edd and I think I'll make it at least to that date, if not past it.

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#13 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jule924 View Post
My water broke about an hour ago!

Please send me some "get labor going" vibes!
How exciting! Have you thought of nipple stim?

From http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/...uc.html#Nipple
Quote:
Start by applying warm compresses to both breasts, uncover one breast and begin use of pump. Using an electric breastpump, start by pumping on uncovered side for 15 min then switch sides and place warm compress on pumped side and begin pumping on other side, continue this alternation technique until regular strong and rhythmic contractions begin (usually 20-30 minutes) then stop...if contractions should begin to decline in strength or regularity, resume breast stimulation with breastpump for 5 min/side until the strength and regularity resumes. Contractions should be a minimum of (5) minutes apart lasting 60-90 seconds.
___

Nothing new to report here. 37w6d so still have plenty of time. Am having some low pains in my pelvic region but I'm sure it's the ugly ole symphasis rearing its head. Sitting here on the birthing ball doing some designs and wondering if I'll wake up one day and say, "Today I will go into labor"
#14 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 12:24 PM

I had my 39 week appointment yesterday...still 2cm dilated just like 3 weeks ago! She offered to do a membrane sweep but I declined. Didn't sound like a good idea at 2cm to me, and she agreed that if we did do one later would be better. I'm debating on whether I will consider it for my 40 wk appt next week.

I'm having real contractions, but only 1-2 per hour. They do take my breath away, though. I'm really hoping she comes soon...DH has to go out of town the first of September and a few days of each week after that through October. So I'd like for him to have as much time as possible with the baby before he starts traveling. (and I want him here to help me, too!)

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#15 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 12:31 PM

I'm still here. I'm between due dates--one was 8/12, the other is 8/16. I really thought that last night things were moving but obviously not.

I'm feeling very emotionally exhausted today.

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
#16 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 12:41 PM

Well I had sharp pains in my cervix for a couple hours last night and I was hoping maybe I'd get some contractions to go with it but no, a few cramps though... I havent checked myself this morning yet, I'm tired of checking and feeling no change, although I do have more reason to believe that I have dilated. Maybe we'll dtd and then I'll check. Hubby has the day off today so today would be a lovely day for her to come out!

I'm so excited cause hubby will be taking a whole month off and we will get to spend it together with ds and our new baby and then we both go back to our jobs at the beginning of Oct. What a grand babymoon we will have! :

Although I will be home with ds and baby the first two weeks before he can take time off, mom will be here though so I will have her help at least.

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#17 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Banned

i think nipple stimulation would be a lot more fun with a partner, rather than a pump.

not a lot going on here. got up way too early (couldn't sleep after 4:30 am) and now i'm dragging a bit. all yesterday evening, the baby was moving so much and so low--the tickling was so intense. i was laughing and laughing.

i would not be surprised if i have a "ticklish" birth! LOL

after teaching this next class, i'll go home and finish the closet. i've decided to just put everything that DH has to purge into one bin, label it "DH purge" and pit it back in there. then, i'll scoot the furniture in there (two dressers), put my clothes back into it, and then tomorrow, i'm home all day to wash and organize baby stuff! woohoo!

sunday, my friend comes to get the furnishings that we're giving my sister in october; he's going to store it for us. and then the bed comes next week and we're all ready!

i'm moving so much more slowly than i would like.
#18 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 01:07 PM

: : : :

Labor vibes for Jule!

#19 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsy View Post
How exciting! Have you thought of nipple stim?

From http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/...uc.html#Nipple
Thanks! Dh is bringing the electric pump back from sil's right now. I also forgot my doula works at an acupunture place so I'm going to go in there this afternoon, too.

Nothing to report yet, but my m/w wants me to do a non-stress around 5pm tonight. May do a low dose pit. drip in the morning and then unhook if things aren't going before then. Come on, baby!!!
#20 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 01:25 PM

Sorry TMI ahead-

Well I did my duty and got enthusiastic about DTD last night. The sucky part was that it really HURT. Even with a alot of lube, it was just so tender and sensitive, I was trying not to cringe or gasp the whole time. What's up with that? This is totally new to me, has anyone else noticed this? Is this just a big "NO VACANCY" sign?

Plus, all I could think was, well if THAT hurts, how's a baby going to feel? Not a sexy thought. So, in the end, I really only got half of the hormone cocktail i was looking for. Oh well, there is always tonight.

Nothing much is happening. I have so many cramps and twinges and stuff, especially in the late afternoon/evening I get all excited and then by morning it's usually over.

Good luck Jule! No worries just remember, and I am sure you already know, no internal exams until labor is really going, mmm'Kay?

Have a great day, and I want to hear some birth announcements!

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
#21 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 01:35 PM

*heavy sigh*

When will it be my turn?

#22 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 01:51 PM

Tell me about it!
My MIL is pulling for today-it's her guru's birthday, lol.
Today does seem promising (lots of "signs"), but I think I've said that before?? I so don't want to make it to 41 weeks (tomorrow).
MIL is watching DD for the afternoon so DH and I can do something alone together...that is, unless I go into labour shortly, ha ha.

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#23 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 01:51 PM

I want my baby!!! I wanna snuggle. :

#24 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 01:51 PM

no idea....i wanna be done...
I am actually getting some contractions and yaknow until I am swearing through them....I am not even going to time them (HA HA HA give me fifteen minutes) I am also in bed still...recovering from my last night depression crying fit...

anyone know any good excercises to get baby to drop more?
midwife says thats all I need....a lower head....where....that head will go I just don't know..

8 might be enough
#25 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post

anyone know any good excercises to get baby to drop more?
midwife says thats all I need....a lower head....where....that head will go I just don't know..
I'll chime in, but with the disclaimer that I was never very successful in getting my babies to drop prior to full blown labor. That said...

* curb walking
* deep squat (particularly when you're have a contraction)
* walk up and down stairs
* bounce on birth ball

I would guess that anything that freed up room in your pelvis would help - so maybe rocking on all 4s, swimming, etc might help, too?

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#26 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 02:10 PM

lol you mean lying in bed with my lap top feeling sorry for myself....
for past 12 hours isn't helping?

off for shower and to do some squats...
or mission impossible...

sigh....
I hate how they say that prodromal labour is caused by a woman not really wanting to give birth - I'd use a can opener and perform surgery on myself to get this one out now Patience...lol good thing I am having a boy or there could be some weird names I'd pick....

I am going to do the squats and stuff and tomorrow try again with the whole sex, nipple, castor oil thing again...and limit my self induction despertion to once every 3 days...

8 might be enough
#27 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
no idea....i wanna be done...
You still here, shoo, go have that baby! We're sick of your moaning

Teasing of course although I do mean the bit about the baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmom4 View Post
I'll chime in, but with the disclaimer that I was never very successful in getting my babies to drop prior to full blown labor. That said...

* curb walking
* deep squat (particularly when you're have a contraction)
* walk up and down stairs
* bounce on birth ball

I would guess that anything that freed up room in your pelvis would help - so maybe rocking on all 4s, swimming, etc might help, too?

The birth ball gives me loads of contractions

Also I find bearing down a bit with them seems to make more pressure in the right spot
#28 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
You still here, shoo, go have that baby! We're sick of your moaning
lol you musr know my husband

8 might be enough
#29 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 02:30 PM

Nothing much happening here. Slept poorly last night...the pain in my hips when I lay down/roll over has really intensified over the past two nights, and my father didn't go to stay with other folks as he said he would. He went out after dh came home last night, and the sound of him coming back woke me up.

I'm trying (with limited success) not to be cranky about it (I told him he could stay a couple of nights...last night was the third, and he's currently in my living room using it as a remote office). I don't intend to be flexible about it once the baby comes (once we're home, no house guests, except perhaps my mom), so I feel like I should chill out about it for now and be gracious. Despite good intentions, he just isn't the most considerate guest. Still, he put up with me for 18 years...so perhaps it's the least I can do.

I went out and saw the chiro this morning...I think it may have helped, but I was shlepping groceries after that, which probably just undid all the good I'd gotten from the adjustment.

Some random folks were chatting me up in the store about looking like I'm going to have the baby "any day now". I tried to be pleasant but I felt pretty fake - just wasn't in the mood for chit chat with strangers (or with anyone, for that matter).

Oh, and strange thing -- how in the world is it that I seem to have gained 5 lbs in 2 days? That's not even possible, is it? I weighed myself at the chiro and my eyeballs nearly jumped out of my head.

Anyway...no movement on this labor, at least, as far as I can tell. Well, sorry for the long, random, rambling post.

-nk
#30 of 49 Old 08-14-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redebeth View Post
Sorry TMI ahead-

Well I did my duty and got enthusiastic about DTD last night. The sucky part was that it really HURT. Even with a alot of lube, it was just so tender and sensitive, I was trying not to cringe or gasp the whole time. What's up with that? This is totally new to me, has anyone else noticed this? Is this just a big "NO VACANCY" sign?

Plus, all I could think was, well if THAT hurts, how's a baby going to feel? Not a sexy thought. So, in the end, I really only got half of the hormone cocktail i was looking for. Oh well, there is always tonight.
Very little of this pregnancy has NOT been like that for me. I have those same thoughts too - but I figure the super mama adrenaline will kick in and make it all tolerable.

Went to my OB this morning. I could tell the my usually lowish BP was elevated when I woke up this morning. And yes, it was slightly high at the drs office. They checked again after I rested in a quiet room for a bit and it was in the normal ranges, though still high for me. She has my blood drawn, just to be sure (no protein in urine), since I had a little headache this am and woke up with really swollen footsies. So, dh just took dd to his parents for the day so I can rest. And I am supposed to call the doc if I start feeling bad - blurred vision, headache, etc.

Oh, and on a completely different note, while we were at my appt. a parked car in the lot at the clinic caught on fire! It was right by ours too. Crazy!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page