Postpartum thread Thursday - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 08-14-2008, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How is everyone? What a long night I had! Kendall was so fussy and whining I hardly got any sleep. Luckily DP took over around 6 am and stayed up with him so I could get some rest. He was late for work but i reallyappreciated it.

He was fussy this afternoon but I think it was because he was constipated. He only had one dirty diaper today, which is a stretch from his average 3 before lunch time. I haven't had a moment to call LLL due to dealing with him. I definitely plan to give them a ring today.

Well, let me go catch a quick hour nap before he wakes for an afternoon feeding. My mom suggested i try to keep him up for a while this evening and put him to bed an hour later. How you do this with a newborn is impossible. LOL

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#2 of 20 Old 08-14-2008, 05:40 PM

Actually today isnt too bad....just my hormones acting up a bit..boy am i sensitive. For the first time since Mr. J was born, Tamara actually fell asleep, and Mr J is too....I am being bad and letting Yasmeen watch Aladdin on tv: Sleeping is getting better. Mr J is learning to bf lying down in bed with me so we are both getting better sleep. He just doesnt seem to have the knack yet of bf while lying down I just am getting a cold because I am not eating properly and trying to keep the house up to date as much as possible. It is soo hard with a new baby and a preschooler, and a toddler to boot....Thank goodness Yasmeen will be starting preschool in September::
#3 of 20 Old 08-14-2008, 06:05 PM

We are doing surprisingly well. My dh is a gem and does so much for me, I am going to be sad when he goes back to work on Saturday.

My older kids all started school yesterday so it is pretty nice and calm and quiet around here in the day.

Today we went for a checkout and Ms. Lydia has gained 11 ounces in one week. Woohoo! I can't believe she is almost 10 pounds I didn't get much out of her newborn diaper covers, I already had to step it up and we are on the last snaps in her newborn fitteds, lol

Nursing is going great, she is a real good sleeper, and overall and pretty mellow baby. The only crying she does is when she is hungry. She has a wierd pattern of nursing every thirty minutes or so for about three or four hours, but then will conk out for two to three hours to nap. Then we start all over again. I guess she just likes to tank up.
#4 of 20 Old 08-14-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
My mom suggested i try to keep him up for a while this evening and put him to bed an hour later. How you do this with a newborn is impossible. LOL
You don't. Your mom should know better. My advice... you should nap when he naps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicalynne View Post
I just am getting a cold because I am not eating properly and trying to keep the house up to date as much as possible.
Don't worry about parking Yasmeen in front of the TV. First and foremost, you need to take care of yourself. A sick mama is of no use to anyone. Let the house go for a while until you can recover from the birth. Have a friend or cleaning service help for a day or two.

We finally came home from the hospital today. So far so good. The recovery is easier than I expected. I think my milk is coming in because my breasts are starting to ache a bit. Cady is just like her big sister... calm and laid back. She is napping on me right now.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#5 of 20 Old 08-14-2008, 07:25 PM

Doing ok but I think I'll pay for it later.

its ds' birthday so we went to McD's for his birthday (yuck but he picked it probably because it has a playground which we go to when its hot because its indoors) and then the library to play for a bit. dh said, "I have no idea why you ever want to leave the house!"

I just encapsulated some of my placenta, I should have done it earlier. I'll ask dh to do the rest for me later.

I'm making refriend beans in the crock with some of my CSA produce (onions and tomatos with pinto and Mayan beans).

And right now am roasting nuts to make pesto for dinner. I hope to make enough sauce that I can take some to a friend that had a baby over the weekend, her first.

Once the pesto is done I'll cook some zucchini and pattypan squash to go with dinner. We got a huge amount of veggies in our CSA and I'm feeling guilty about not using them. dh is a good cook but lacks in imagination beyond his usual repetoire. So he's not sure how to use the things we are getting.

I like to cook so maybe I'll ask him to clean up if I make the meals. Standing for too long hurts. It feels like my pelvix floor is weak. I'm not surprised as I had bronchitis early in the pregnancy so the coughing and sneezing made the muscles weaker. Plus this is my third baby. I try to remember to kegel. I need to work on a visual aid to remind me. I used to kegel every time I washed my hands when I had a job that requried me to wash my hands often. I need something more frequent than that though. Any ideas?

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#6 of 20 Old 08-14-2008, 07:29 PM

We are doing good here too. Didn't get much sleep the past couple of night because they have their days and nights mixed up. Nothing like watching the olympics LIVE! My milk has been in since 25 hours after they were born, which makes sense since they nurse so much.

They are so sweet.

We have people stopping by and bring food, which helps a ton.

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#7 of 20 Old 08-14-2008, 09:33 PM

I am doing better, and have been resting a lot but can't wait to finally get out of the house. We have a chiro appt tomorrow, school supplies shopping to do tomorrow and get ready for a Sat. bday party at a park.

Today I have finished 4 diaper covers for our prefolds, we have the same problems as kris4chloe, our fitted newborns are adjusted at the last snap and probably tomorrow won't fit anymore. I want to buy more fleece and knit fabrics to make more fitted they are just too cute on him!

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#8 of 20 Old 08-14-2008, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

He stayed on the breast tonight! I got him to nurse finally! He nursed on both breasts!: My right one is so engorged but he's helping it come down.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#9 of 20 Old 08-14-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
He stayed on the breast tonight! I got him to nurse finally! He nursed on both breasts!: My right one is so engorged but he's helping it come down.
Monique, that is fabulous news!!!!!!!!!!!
#10 of 20 Old 08-14-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:

Awesome! Keep working on it mama!

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#11 of 20 Old 08-14-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
That is wonderful, Keep it up. Remember breastfed babies will nurse much more frequently then bottlefed. Put him to the breast anytime he is hungry and before you know it bottles will be a thing of the past!!!
#12 of 20 Old 08-14-2008, 11:05 PM

Monique- I was praying for you ever since I saw you post about your bfing issues with Kendall. We said a wee prayer every time Eva nursed. Glad to hear he is taking to you!!!! Awesome news!
#13 of 20 Old 08-14-2008, 11:34 PM

We are doing well. Alexandria is 2 weeks and 4 days old. She had some latching issues at first but she is doing so well now! She eats every 3 hours. She goes to bed around 9 PM and then sleeps until about 2 AM most of the time. Then she goes back to her q3h routine.

DS is loving her to death and is very helpful. Not much jealousy there.

I'm doing well. PP bleeding is gone. Just a tiny but of clear discharge which is just about gone. I have lost 21 lbs and I gained 20 lbs during pregnancy. I am down to about 123.6 lbs so I am happy.

afro.jpg Chelci partners.gif Anthony, parents to: kid.gif E- 11/2006,energy.gif A- 07/2008, and babyf.gifBaby #3 due Aug. 2014.

A Few Facts About Our Familynamaste.gif  intactlact.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#14 of 20 Old 08-15-2008, 12:19 AM

Quote:
I am SO happy for you!!! :::
#15 of 20 Old 08-15-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:
OMG!!!! I am so happy for you both!!!!! :: you;ll see the beautiful relationship you both will carry, the bonding and the special mommy time that no one can do for him will be given through breastfeeding is priceless - will pray for you guys for that special moment you both deserve!

#16 of 20 Old 08-15-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#17 of 20 Old 08-15-2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Yay Baby Kendall! I'm so happy for you guys.

''''

#18 of 20 Old 08-15-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:

Great news Monique ! :: Way to stick with it. It is sooo worth it

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#19 of 20 Old 08-15-2008, 01:37 PM

I know is is now Friday but I don't see the Friday thread?? Anyways, I would like to join you. Had my baby boy yesterday and dealing with some sore nipples and afterpains. The afterpains are much more ouchie than I remember with ds #1 but I know they usually get worse with every pregnancy.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#20 of 20 Old 08-15-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post
I know is is now Friday but I don't see the Friday thread?? Anyways, I would like to join you. Had my baby boy yesterday and dealing with some sore nipples and afterpains. The afterpains are much more ouchie than I remember with ds #1 but I know they usually get worse with every pregnancy.
omg Cheryl I am so happy for you!!!!!! ::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page