Postpartum Friday..... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 08-15-2008, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Didnt see a pp-friday thread so i thought i would start one. Please excuse the typing errors...I am typing one handed
Guess why? How is everyone doing today? Last night was bad....Tamara cried and cried and kept waking up so I had to sleep with her and Jaffer together one on either side. I am beginning to feel like a cow Took poor Yasmeen to a library reading programme in our building but I had to leave her with a friend because of Tamara crying. But my friend had to leave too because of her kids so poor Yasmeen didnt have much fun Otherwise today is ok. Mr. J seems to have bf down pat now but poor Tamara still gets upset everytime I bf him. I am trying to tandem nurse but I offer to her after baby to make sure he gets what he needs. Hope everyone is doing well:
#2 of 21 Old 08-15-2008, 03:31 PM

Sorry you had such a rough night! Hopefully everyone does a nice nap today for you.

I finally caved and called my OB about the pain I am still having. I just don't remember it hurting this long after my boys (dd is 10 days old.) Of course, I have to wait for the call back now. I also took a motrin & tyenol w/codine, so hopefully I will be feeling better soon.

Ella's cord looks like it is going to fall off soon. It's half hanging there. I only used rubbing alcohol a couple times, otherwise I've just left it alone. I'll be glad when it falls off, it's getting my diaper covers bloody and her shirts.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#3 of 21 Old 08-15-2008, 03:56 PM

Finally able to steal enough time to post. My little girl is a marathon nurser during the day but at least she sleeps well at night.

DH is still looking for a new job, but I'm kind of glad to have him home right now anyway. Between the two of us, the housework is actually getting done!

Does anyone else find nursing to be absolutely exhausting? I feel like I am perpetually tired, thirsty and hungry, more so than when I was pregnant.

I am kinda excited that I tried on some prepregnancy clothes this morning, and they actually fit. I gained over 50 pounds with my ds, and couldn't go near my old clothes for a year. This time my weight gain was a bit more modest, so yay.

Egads there have been a lot of babies born since I had mine. I need to look at some pictures and do some congratulating. One more thing to catch up on.

Are you sending baby announcements; have you gotten it done yet? I am still nitpicking over the photo and procrastinating in general.

Ack, apparently that's all the time I get. Supernurser is calling, and I am terrible at NAK.
#4 of 21 Old 08-15-2008, 04:04 PM

Nothing really to report. Ivy is so content I actually worry about her!

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#5 of 21 Old 08-15-2008, 04:21 PM

I had a plugged milk duct that resolved itself. Jack eats like a champ, sleeps most of the day and wakes up every two hours at night. I have to wake him up to eat during the day but at night he's like clockwork which is a good thing because lord knows I would sleep through the night if he let me.

Now that we have our sleeping arrangement down life is good. We are still using the co-sleeper that sits in bed with us and everyone sleeps well. I get up all night since I have the boobs and it would be pointless for us both to be up. At about 6AM I change and feed him, pump a bottle then the man takes him so I can sleep a few hours in a row.

I ordered a Moby wrap since he hates the Hotsling. Hopefully, he'll like it and I can get up and move around the house with two free arms.
#6 of 21 Old 08-15-2008, 05:01 PM

DS1 is at the office with daddy, DS2 and dd are napping now. Yay! momma time!

I haven't decided on birth announcements. I'd like to do them, because I think they are pretty, but since we've already emailed pics and the news it sort of seems pointless or gift grubby. I've been trying to take sweet nuddie newborn pics of her to use for such a thing, but she hasn't cooperated with that. My first attempt ended in getting massively peed on, as well as the black velvet I laid on the bed as a backdrop.

I have a Moby, but haven't tried it out with her yet. I got it when we were ttc-ing. So far, she has been digging the pouch my friend made. We have to take the boys to get haircuts and new shoes tomorrow at the mall, so maybe I will give the Moby a try.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#7 of 21 Old 08-15-2008, 06:02 PM

Hi My ds is 26 hours old now. And I am not even thinking about leaving the house yet. Well I may go get the mail across the street. Nipples are sore and after birth cramping is awful! I hope that subsides soon. It is only really bad when my ds is nursing. : Hoping to avoid nipple gashes like I had with ds #1. This guy is a very content, sleepy, happy guy. Maybe it is the hot weather? I hope he stays this way!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#8 of 21 Old 08-15-2008, 06:03 PM

Oh, and birth announcements. We are having pictures taken next week of the little guy and I plan on sending out announcements with our new house address announcements. We are having a meet the baby/housewarming party but probably not until October.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#9 of 21 Old 08-15-2008, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

We didnt really have birth announcements since we phoned everyone the same day I did set up a website for Jaffer at babababies and invited friends and family to take a look at Mr. Perfect
We havent really invited people over yet. I get nervous with him being so young. Yasmeen had to go to hospital at 1 month because someone came over with a cold and actually kissed her before I noticed she had a cold. Now I question anyone coming before they come and make the excuse that he wants to nurse so noone picks him up but me. I only let my close friend pick him up since she is the same way and totally understands my fear of him getting sick. Yeah, I know I am paranoid. I just have never forgotten what happened with Yasmeen so I am extra cautious.

I forgot to add that Yasmeen had a baby by c/s (like her) and is successfully bf her twins (apparently they were born 100 days ago) lol
#10 of 21 Old 08-15-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post
Nipples are sore and after birth cramping is awful! I hope that subsides soon. It is only really bad when my ds is nursing.
Oxytocin released during breastfeeding causes your uterus to contract, pulling everything back to it's normal size. Mine hurts too.

So far so good with Cady. My milk has come in and my breasts are sore.
I think it's nap time for mama.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#11 of 21 Old 08-15-2008, 07:39 PM

Things are going good here as well. Yesterday was a teary, cry day for little N, but today he seems better. We had our Welcome the Baby Party last Sunday (man, it's been a long time since I've been on the computer), and it was a hit. The whole family drove 2 hours to be here, even my sister who hates windy roads:! Little N was not crying at all that day. His great grandma and my mom held him most of the day. I think they are both VERY proud. We expected a few less people to come and had to limit everyone to one hamburger. But we had lots of pasta salad!
He's sleeping better at night now. I think I have figured out that when he squirms for a minute I need to change his dipe then lay him next to me and nurse him while I fall back asleep. Then he falls asleep and we don't have to get up and rock and burp and fuss, etc. So far so good, I hope I'm not cursing my system to failure by sharing it and saying it's successful. I think we are finally getting a bit of a schedule which is good for me and good for the other two kids too. I can't wait until the weather is cooler here though. Right now it is definitely over 100 outside and we are stuck inside. I want out!

Wife to James mom to dd(1999) ds1(2001)and ds2(7/08)
: * : * * : * * :
#12 of 21 Old 08-15-2008, 08:57 PM

Kendall nursed a little bit today, but not as much as last night. I'm going to keep trying this evening. He's been sleeping most of the day, staying awake for a combined total of 20 minutes. LOL.

My nipples feel ok, but my right breast is still pretty tender and sore for him to nurse on. My mom told me to stick with it to "toughen" it up.

I got alot of health insurance stuff straighten out today with the help of my mom. If I can get DP to pay the $100 difference for Kendall's insurance each month, we should be good to go.

DP is still cleaning out his apartment but has to yet to decide on the one he's moving to.: I'm not sure if he's hinting about wanting to move in together or what but unless we are in a committed (I mean, marriage in the final and only option) relationship, then I'm not budging about us living together. I DEMAND COMMITMENT after two years of "dating". If not, he can have his place and i'll have mine. I'm not bringing the topic up but hey, he needs to figure it out. Oh and on a positive note, I slept on his chest last night. See, we're slowly getting back to affectionate with one another.

My friends are supposed to stop by tomorrow to hang out for awhile and visit with Kendall. It's been a minute since I've seen any of them so that will be nice. I plan to take lots of pictures so I'll post them for everyone.

I did some cleaning around the house today and scrubbed my kitchen. I don't know what DP thinks cleaning is but for me to see even ONE fruit fly is nasty in my book. How the hell do those things get in the house anyway? Gross. I hate them.

I'm still horny as all get out and trying to figure out how I'm going to make it another two weeks. The end of the month isn't that far way. Maybe the doctor will give us the greenlight to resume "activities" at our 4 week appt. Come on Sept 3! Anyone else with that experience?

Trying to decide what to eat for dinner tonight. I'm thinking of ordering pepperoni pizza on a wheat crust, watching "The Notebook" and kicking back. DP doesn't do ish around the house so I might as well have my night.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#13 of 21 Old 08-15-2008, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

"I'm still horny as all get out and trying to figure out how I'm going to make it another two weeks. The end of the month isn't that far way. Maybe the doctor will give us the greenlight to resume "activities" at our 4 week appt. Come on Sept 3! Anyone else with that experience?"

When was baby born? Mine was on the 5th and after being shell shocked down there, I noticed the horniness again 2 days ago...... only problem is I have a 2nd degree tear still healing and a bit sore and I know I would quickly lose the horny......Just have to wait for dr appt I guess.
#14 of 21 Old 08-16-2008, 12:16 AM

we're doing ok here. Last night Albert was up from midnight until 3:30am, fussing at the breast and pretty inconsolable with gas. I finally woke up DH at 2:30 because I was so tired and had him try to comfort the baby. He did whatever daddy tricks he had because after half an hour, big giant poo! Thank goodness for cloth diapers to contain everything!

DS1 04/2005; DS2 08/2008
#15 of 21 Old 08-16-2008, 12:25 AM

We finally named him!

Owen Alexander. It was a tough decision between Owen and Gavin. I hope we made the right choice...we really went back and forth for a long time and still kind of feel 50/50 about it.

#16 of 21 Old 08-16-2008, 12:47 AM

Owen is beautiful!!!

Monique you are a smart cookie! I am impressed of how you are handling that

veronicalynn sorry you had a horrible night

Today we went out to do some school supplies shopping, then it hit me! My dd#1 is a BIG GIRL! She is starting first grade in a couple of days and I am still in shock, where did the time go?

It was a bit chaotic to go out with the baby for so long, but we made it! Tomorrow we are going to a birthday party at a park and I can predict another adventure. I refuse to buy a stroller and I don't have a bucket car seat (I have an uptown safety 1rst seat) so I am going to have to bring the bouncer with me.

My pelvis bone is hurting so bad!!! Like if they are returning to place, anyone with this discomfort as well?

Breastfeeding is going great, I bought regular tank tops at Old Navy and a nice knit skirt for tomorrow, can't wait to look not preggo again : I found nursing shirts to be very limited for my body frame and kind of expensive, so the tank tops (great for nursing on a sling or with a blanket on top) are just a great addition to my closet and easy on my pocket You can't beat 2 X $12!

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#17 of 21 Old 08-16-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicalynne View Post

I forgot to add that Yasmeen had a baby by c/s (like her) and is successfully bf her twins (apparently they were born 100 days ago) lol
That is so adorable! Last night, my 4 yr old had her baby (who is 2 now) sleep with her and told me that she has another baby in her belly. Then she kept looking down and saying, my baby is moving, and putting her 2 yr old baby's hand on her belly. It was just so sweet.
#18 of 21 Old 08-16-2008, 07:57 PM

My pelvis hurts too. Actually starting yesterday I have had a lot of joint pain. I am not sure if it was due to keeping up with my other 3 kids or just happening as I feel it today and have kept a pretty low profile with dh around. It seems that every joint in my body and pelvic bones ache. I took a nice long bath (complete with bubbles and candles, thanks dh!) and it really helped. However motrin doesn't seem to do much for this kind of ache. Anna is doing great and I have almost no soreness from nursing anymore. She has been really sleepy today, not waking much to nurse and one side is getting a little engorged. Overall things are going really well. I think I may go out in the morning to get kids school supplies as they start school Tuesday and Wednesday. That should be exciting, lol.
#19 of 21 Old 08-16-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicalynne View Post
"I'm still horny as all get out and trying to figure out how I'm going to make it another two weeks. The end of the month isn't that far way. Maybe the doctor will give us the greenlight to resume "activities" at our 4 week appt. Come on Sept 3! Anyone else with that experience?"

When was baby born? Mine was on the 5th and after being shell shocked down there, I noticed the horniness again 2 days ago...... only problem is I have a 2nd degree tear still healing and a bit sore and I know I would quickly lose the horny......Just have to wait for dr appt I guess.
Kendall was born on August 4. Oh yea, I was ready after a week. I'm trying to make to the doctor's appointment. Plus I'm still spotting a little bit so naturally I have a wait.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#20 of 21 Old 08-16-2008, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie cracker View Post
That is so adorable! Last night, my 4 yr old had her baby (who is 2 now) sleep with her and told me that she has another baby in her belly. Then she kept looking down and saying, my baby is moving, and putting her 2 yr old baby's hand on her belly. It was just so sweet.
That is so cute...did you get a pic?
#21 of 21 Old 08-16-2008, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audreysmama View Post
My pelvis hurts too. Actually starting yesterday I have had a lot of joint pain. I am not sure if it was due to keeping up with my other 3 kids or just happening as I feel it today and have kept a pretty low profile with dh around. It seems that every joint in my body and pelvic bones ache. I took a nice long bath (complete with bubbles and candles, thanks dh!) and it really helped. However motrin doesn't seem to do much for this kind of ache.
I think the more movement we get the better... it's like a soreness. Today I feel a lot better down in my pelvic bone - been doing a lot of activity the last 2 days. Have you tried Tylenol? I tried that in the first days of PP and it helped a bit...

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page