Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 35 Old 08-18-2008, 03:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsolake View Post
I know I dont post much, but I am due in august too and have been listening to all of your stories along the way. I was due the 11th, last Moday, so tomorrow I am 41W 1D. I am planning a VBAC (maybe at home if I am lucky, otherwise with a midwife in a hospital) and last monday I had my membranes stripped. I have been seeing a Chiro, Accupuncturist and drinking RRLT by the half gallon, not to mention having sex every other day and taing 300mg of evening primrose oil orally plus one vaginally at night.

Whew.....My body is broke. I just know it. It does not know how to push a baby out. I am so discouraged and know I will have to go under the knife a third time.

I am having LOTS of contractions, they are about 30sec to 1min long and painful enough that they make me stop in my tracks. But I only have them every 20 min or so. They are not just when I am walking, but also at rest. They feel very crampy too. But this has been going on three days off and on.

In short, I feel ya, all of us that are "Overdue". I see midwife tuesday and am scared she is going to start tossing around the "C" word. Hope we all have a laborious night!!!
Your body is not broken. Your body is doing exactly what it needs to do to get ready. It's easing into the contractions of labor. Flexing your muscles and getting everything set up for you to go into labor ready to give your baby exactly what he needs to be born. You're getting ready for the olympics and this is the final stretch of conditioning before you enter the event. Just remember to get your brain out of the way and trust your baby and your body to know what to do. Keep repeating ICAN!

Zoie, granola mum to three boys on earth, one girl who soars  
#33 of 35 Old 08-18-2008, 04:03 AM

Klynne - Those pictures are beautiful! Your daughter is a cutie pie!

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
#34 of 35 Old 08-18-2008, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsolake View Post
I know I dont post much, but I am due in august too and have been listening to all of your stories along the way. I was due the 11th, last Moday, so tomorrow I am 41W 1D. I am planning a VBAC (maybe at home if I am lucky, otherwise with a midwife in a hospital) and last monday I had my membranes stripped. I have been seeing a Chiro, Accupuncturist and drinking RRLT by the half gallon, not to mention having sex every other day and taing 300mg of evening primrose oil orally plus one vaginally at night.

Whew.....My body is broke. I just know it. It does not know how to push a baby out. I am so discouraged and know I will have to go under the knife a third time.

I am having LOTS of contractions, they are about 30sec to 1min long and painful enough that they make me stop in my tracks. But I only have them every 20 min or so. They are not just when I am walking, but also at rest. They feel very crampy too. But this has been going on three days off and on.

In short, I feel ya, all of us that are "Overdue". I see midwife tuesday and am scared she is going to start tossing around the "C" word. Hope we all have a laborious night!!!
Oh mama, I'm sorry I missed this earlier, I didn't see your post...I am going on 41 weeks and 5 days...I am a mama of 3 previous cesarean births and no vaginal...I am planning a home waterbirth after 3 cesareans... I've been crampy and had what I think are contractions, dialated to at least a 2, almost completely effaced and 0 station, mushy cervix. I totally hear you on taking all the tea, epo, vitamins, homeopathics, chiro...to have the birth you are desiring...I can only speak for myself, when I say that I empathize. It has been such a process for me to let go and trust my body. A lot of time stepping away from the boards and focusing on my process. You know what your comfort level is, trust in your body, it does know how to birth...Love, peace and comfort to you mama! All our bodies run on their own clocks...
#35 of 35 Old 08-18-2008, 05:57 AM

Thanks everyone. we took pictures last time before dd came out so it's like "ok, you can come out now, we've taken the "before" pictures" ... it's not taking the hint...yet. And despite dtd two days in a row, i actually feel PERFECTLY fine! boooooo

Kelsolake: think positive thoughts!!!

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page