Still pregnant thread 8/18 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 08-18-2008, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just had the most brilliant idea, guys.

I was thinking that I'm sad I didn't keep a pregnancy journal or blog. This is truley uncharacteristic of me because I've kept a journal my whole life and then stopped really when I got pregnant (I stopped writing all together, it's like I quit my "job").

Then I realized that I did chronicle my pregnancy. I talked all about it on this board... almost every day!!

SO... I think I'm going to make a blog and copy over all of my MDC posts that are related to the pregnancy so that it makes up a little pregnancy journal! That way baby can look at it however many years from now and see what was going on when I was pregnant with her.

Maybe I leave out some of the TMI stuff.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 42 Old 08-18-2008, 08:22 PM

: still here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
Then, when I actually did sleep for that precious 3 hours, I had nightmares about a PORT-A-POTTY where I peed all over myself and got attacked by a tiny dog. Then, to top it all off there was NO SOAP anywhere, and I searched every house in the neighborhood for a bar of soap and couldn't find any.
you have CRAZY dreams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
Meh... who knows, I guess the anticipation is what is killing me. I keep wondering "will today be it?"
It's the most tiring thing that question we ask ourselves every day... "will it be today?" I'm trying to hard to ignore it but, I know it's there, being asked in my head every day.

Quote:
I was just thinking "maybe she shouldn't copy down ALL of her posts..." I don't think I would want to read my mom's tmi stuff lol

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#33 of 42 Old 08-18-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
I was just thinking "maybe she shouldn't copy down ALL of her posts..." I don't think I would want to read my mom's tmi stuff lol
Yeah, I don't think I would mind reading my mom's tmi stuff, personally, but who knows how my daughter would feel. I want to keep them for my own recollection, though, esp to read in my next pregnancy. I can make those posts private.

#34 of 42 Old 08-18-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think I would mind reading my mom's tmi stuff, personally, but who knows how my daughter would feel. I want to keep them for my own recollection, though, esp to read in my next pregnancy. I can make those posts private.
On second thought... the last months/year before my mum passed on she was SO open about all her TMI stuff. Don't get me wrong, but i so enjoyed being so open with her about being human.
I just don't know how I would feel about being inside her maybe "causing" her problems iykwim. Ah, depends on how old I was when I read it at 13 I would have been " Sjeesh mom, like I need to know" (said in a true 13 year old accent )

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#35 of 42 Old 08-18-2008, 08:49 PM

I'm still preggers, too! I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. I'm pretty happy just enjoying being pregnant. My only complaints right now - I get nauseous when I bend over at all because my stomach gets squished, I get heartburn every night, and I am getting HUGE! I can't believe how much weight I've gained! I'm trying not to think about it, there isn't much I can do now.

I wonder every time I get up if my water is going to break. I keep focusing on every pain and twinge wondering if it's a contraction - I'm not even sure what to look for! People keep saying to watch for my belly tightening, but I don't notice that. Sometimes I get period-like cramps, but they aren't something I would time, just a general ache.

Still have sooo much to do at work.
#36 of 42 Old 08-18-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
On second thought... the last months/year before my mum passed on she was SO open about all her TMI stuff. Don't get me wrong, but i so enjoyed being so open with her about being human.
I just don't know how I would feel about being inside her maybe "causing" her problems iykwim. Ah, depends on how old I was when I read it at 13 I would have been " Sjeesh mom, like I need to know" (said in a true 13 year old accent )
Okay well, I was kind of thinking more along the lines of when she gets pregnant, def. not 13.

I really like hearing what my mom went through when she was pregnant with me.

#37 of 42 Old 08-18-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
I keep focusing on every pain and twinge wondering if it's a contraction - I'm not even sure what to look for! People keep saying to watch for my belly tightening, but I don't notice that. Sometimes I get period-like cramps, but they aren't something I would time, just a general ache..
Yeah!

I get the period cramps.
...pulling thigh pains.
...a tightening feeling high up.
...a tightening feeling down low.
...major abdominal cramps.
...minor abdominal aches.
...an all over tightening feeling.
...intense rectal pressure.
...sharp stabbing cervix pains.

I get all of these pains, sometimes one at a time, and then there's every imaginable combination of them.

SO which feelings are the contractions!?!?!

#38 of 42 Old 08-18-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:

I was thinking that I'm sad I didn't keep a pregnancy journal or blog. This is truley uncharacteristic of me because I've kept a journal my whole life and then stopped really when I got pregnant (I stopped writing all together, it's like I quit my "job").

Then I realized that I did chronicle my pregnancy. I talked all about it on this board... almost every day!!

SO... I think I'm going to make a blog and copy over all of my MDC posts that are related to the pregnancy so that it makes up a little pregnancy journal! That way baby can look at it however many years from now and see what was going on when I was pregnant with her.

awesome idea!!!
#39 of 42 Old 08-18-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah!

I get the period cramps.
...pulling thigh pains.
...a tightening feeling high up.
...a tightening feeling down low.
...major abdominal cramps.
...minor abdominal aches.
...an all over tightening feeling.
...intense rectal pressure.
...sharp stabbing cervix pains.

I get all of these pains, sometimes one at a time, and then there's every imaginable combination of them.

SO which feelings are the contractions!?!?!
: I get everything but the thigh cramps, do the feelings mean anything?
#40 of 42 Old 08-18-2008, 11:32 PM

ate some super spicy mexican food tonight.

I have an appt. with my attorney wednesday morning and the teammate (a resident) that is assisting with my delivery will be taking an exam all day wednesday ---- so I figure that will be the day. ;-)
#41 of 42 Old 08-19-2008, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_My_Babies View Post
I have 10 days left until my due date, but I am still impatient. Both of my boys were born at 37 weeks, so I have never been this pregnant before!
I totally understand. My first two were born at 37w4d, when that came and went I was really disappointed. dd was born at 38w3d though. She was born fairly quickly and easily once labor was well established though.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#42 of 42 Old 08-19-2008, 01:18 AM

Violet was born on this day in her gestation.

Still having painful contractions - though rarely closer than 20 minutes tonight.

What is everyone doing to keep their minds off giving birth?? We officially finished our to do list today! Going shopping with my mom and dd tomorrow morning to buy this big sister gift http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2401741and to the pool with my dad and dd in the afternoon.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page