Monday Postpartum thread - 8/18 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How's everyone doing today? Kendall nursed this morning for 5 minutes. On one boob. Yay! Slow progress.

Didn't get much sleep last night since he was really fussy and whining ALL NIGHT. He slept majority of the day yesterday so I guess being up all night was expected.

Anyone else's newborn doing alot of stretching? Kendall's seems excessive but I just want to make sure I'm the only one.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 01:12 PM

Congrats on the breastfeeding! My little one stretches all the time too - she likes to throw her head way back and push her butt out, it's funny. She also throws up often and we've started calling her 'snake' because her skin is peeling so bad on her hands, feet, and tummy. It's kind of gross, actually.

Mama to BeaMax, born 8-3-08 :
: : : : :
#3 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
How's everyone doing today? Kendall nursed this morning for 5 minutes. On one boob. Yay! Slow progress.

Didn't get much sleep last night since he was really fussy and whining ALL NIGHT. He slept majority of the day yesterday so I guess being up all night was expected.

Anyone else's newborn doing alot of stretching? Kendall's seems excessive but I just want to make sure I'm the only one.
Jaffer is doing alot of stretching too We are doing ok but it is going to be hot hot hot today and I have to keep telling Yasmeen not to cover the baby with a blanket lol. He is sleeping great at night....great for him and me but not for my breasts.....I had to keep bugging him to bf every 2 or hours. Tamara seems to be coming along with accepting her brother....she keeps calling him baby and touching him very gently but she still gets upset when I bf him. Right now, the poor little guy is dressed in pink.....Yasmeen chose his clothing this morning and decided he would wear pink because it is her favourite colour.
He is so calm and mellow...and I wonder what he will be like later on lol......
#4 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 01:49 PM

Roberto Carlos is sleeping a lot today... it's raining and it will be raining all day today (Hurricane Fay is coming!) so we will be staying at home all day in our pajamas I am sending hubby to pick up the organic produce from our coop, there is no school or work either because of the storm...

He is stretching a lot too, I love when they do that!!!

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#5 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 02:01 PM

Josephine is sleeping right now so I have a few precious moments to type! (I know, i should be laying down...). Her skin is peeling a lot too--maybe its becasue she was a little overcooked? Hum, don't know...I STILL feel totally engorged--but my breast infection is going away I think. My mom is in town to help me with the two year old which is a godsend. Congratulations Mammas on your August babies!
#6 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 02:05 PM

Lots of stretching and peeling skin here. Still nursing great but has decided to strike against my right side. I keep trying and pump the right side when he won't take it and it get's too engorged.

It is so hard to eat enough. I don't eat much as it is and recently my appetite has taken a nosedive. I need to work out so to get my appetite up but my body's not ready yet. The man is using this time to help a friend train for a triathlon. I'm envious that he's able to swim laps/lift weights/cycle and I have to sit it out for a while. Don't get me wrong, I want him to work out I'm just sad that I can't join in.
#7 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyS View Post
Josephine is sleeping right now so I have a few precious moments to type! (I know, i should be laying down...). Her skin is peeling a lot too--maybe its becasue she was a little overcooked?
yes! that's the reason! My baby's skin is finally getting better, but he even had some horrid scabs poor baby... use some olive oil, other creams are too toxic for a newborn including the organic ones. My mw recommended me olive oil exclusively and it healed really fast. She also recommended me bathing the baby with NO soap at all (not even the organic ones since it will dry more his skin), we are doing chamomile tea bags, oatmeal in a baggie, honey, 100% natural foods.

#8 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 02:36 PM

dh took dd to the park and rowan is sleeping, so i have a couple of minutes to catch up on my mdc fix, hee hee.

bf'ing is going well, but i have a small blister on one boob-what should i do about this?

rowan is a bit lizardy too-we've been using just olive oil, and no bath yet. he seems so tiny, but he's a full pound bigger than my first!

last night went well-he was fussy til about midnight, but slept through til almost 8!!! unfortunately, i didn't...i seem to remember that they're up a lot the second night though, so i'm trying to get some rest.

monique-it sounds like you're making good progress with bf'ing-that's awesome!!!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#9 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 02:37 PM

Jaffer was "undercooked" Both my dd's were overdue so I was not used to the vernix that was on him. He doesnt have that peely look this time. He did have a scab but it was on his wrist from sucking while on the "inside"
#10 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 02:43 PM

Glad Kendall nursed! Every little bit helps. I hope that your LLL call goes well today.

Ivy didn't hardly eat at all last night, that is unless I slept through it, but spit up all night long. I really need to start getting to bed earlier because my big kids wake up early!

We've had a break in heat and today is dh's last day at home so I think we may go do something fun!

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#11 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 03:31 PM

My milk came in last night so I have big boulder boobs today. I've used the hand pump a couple of times just so I don't feel too sore and to help her nurse more easily. She seems to be favoring the right side. I tried for 2 hours to get her to latch on the left side in the middle of the night. VERY frustrating, but I know she'll get it if I just stick to it. She's sooo sleepy today. I've had to wake her to eat, but she's basically slept from 8am until now 2:30pm and still going.

We had a weight check this morning and she's only lost 6 oz. so I'm not too worried.

I broke down in the ped.'s office. I just couldn't hold back the tears. Good thing I've known her for a while now so she doesn't think I'm a mess. I'm so tired and feeling overwhelmed with 3 now. Dh is great, but he's tired, too and the boys are being more demanding. They're great with Amelia. They just love her. We were talking about ways to help me and the ped. mentioned the Moby wrap. I started saying I wanted to get one, but I wasn't sure what kind (mei tai or wrap or ??). Anyhow, she told me she still has hers, but isn't using it anymore. She offered to GIVE it to me. So sweet!! That takes a load off. I just didn't feel like I could spend the $$ for it.
#12 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 03:57 PM

Julie, that's so cool that your Ped suggested a Moby & is giving you hers! Awesome dr!

Monique- I am so glad to hear you are still trying to get K at the breast. I hope you can meet with a LLL leader or go to a meeting, having that in person support is so nice. I have my local LLL meeting to go to tomorrow night and I am looking foward to sharing our baby with the gals.

Veronica- my dd had a "hicky" on her arm from in utero sucking too! Ha ha ha

Megan- Ella had a night like Ivy last night, too. She kept stirring awake a bit & I would try to nurse her but she'd just go right back to sleep. I didn't even change her dipe through the night because she was so zonked out. (Luckily she didn't poo last night!)

Ella and I had to go to her 2 week well baby visit this morning. She weighs 7 lbs 13 oz and is 20 1/4 inches tall, so she's growing great. Yesterday her cord fell off and I noticed today that her bely button looked a bit odd. It has this hard bubble looking center. The Dr explained what it was, but I didn't catch the name, and she cauterized it with these matchstick looking things. She mentioned that one of her daughters had the same thing. Ella has had a gooey eye the last couple of days also, so the Dr is giving us an antibiotic cream to use to clear that up.

Our Dr is due any day now with her forth child and it's been nice to share this pregnancy with her. We talked about Ella's cloth diaper and she mentioned that she plans on getting BumGenius diapers to use on her new baby once she is a couple months old. Rock on!

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#13 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

robertandenith - Be safe down there with TS Fay. I hope you no guys don't get any damage.

I didn't get a chance to make my LLL call today. I was so exhausted after last night and then today I was confirming Kendall is on my insurance prior to our first appointment. I spent the day trying to nap whenever I could. DP is on his way home and hopefully he will deal with him for the evening. I need a break.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#14 of 18 Old 08-18-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
I didn't get a chance to make my LLL call today.

I'm going to have to call for you

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#15 of 18 Old 08-19-2008, 12:04 AM

midwife who delivered came by today...gawd having midwifes is excellent they home deliver services not having to take the little man out to a nasty doctor's office is heaven!

He didn't even cry for his PKU stickem test, she had me nurse on my couch while she dipped his foot in water, massaged him and he didn't notice...a far cry from the usual senario....

DH is doing male nesting its unnerving. He's spending his time either helping me, making obsene amounts of food or doing home repair chores...lol....

I am happy to be so relaxed but darn if my friends little kids don't stop being so aggressive around the baby I might have to take one of them by the ear and....I find people are being somewhat respectful I don't mind visitors but anything over a half hour I am getting worn out KWIM....

He's a nursing champion, I had zero damage to my tender parts (minus the castor oil anus burns....but hey a woman has to do what you have to do..)
I am feeling very happy but very tired and still more myself than being miserably pregnant but I could use a nice hot bath, a full body rub and to fit into jeans that don't have a panel....dreams...

8 might be enough
#16 of 18 Old 08-19-2008, 01:47 AM

Thanks Monique! it seems that we are just getting a lot of rain, thank GOD because honestly we weren't prepared for a hurricane... it takes a lot of money to do so and we are budgeting big time the last few weeks specially right before school starts.

Shiloh you are brave!!!! My mw doesn't like doing the PKU tests so I told her that I won't be doing it anyways. I am sure I could have done it the way you did (while breastfeeding) but I am not sure how he would handle the poking and squeezing, he barely likes when I change his diapers

I just cut some fabric to make small fitted diapers now... My baby boy has graduated from newborn size to small/infant size! We are currently using infant prefolds with some gerber covers and a few PUL covers I made But I really really love fitted diapers so I needed to start a new batch of small sizes for him...

#17 of 18 Old 08-19-2008, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post

I'm going to have to call for you
In my defense I did do a lot of research on their site today and learned tons. Like the charm hold. I plan to try it next time Kendall wakes up.

#18 of 18 Old 08-19-2008, 01:04 PM

Monique--

My baby stretches a TON, too. Looks like that is pretty normal. And, he is peeling lots, too. Mostly on his little feet!

He also grunts A LOT!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page