Still pregnant....

you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yup! Still can't get over I'm this pregnant. It's awesome.

38w6d today!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:40 AM

yep!

I have my weekly check up this morning. Can't wait to see how much more weight I've gained. hahaha
Old 08-21-2008, 10:58 AM

I'm 41 weeks today!! : PG with my first, a little boy named Liam! We have been sooooo ready for him since week 38, and I've been told by my MW that he is going to be a big boy! I have to go in today for routine U/S to check amniotic fluid levels to be sure he is still ok in there.... And then possibly set up a date next week to be induced.. NOT happy about that, as it sort of ruins my plan of birthing NATURALLY (tho in a hospital).

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

Old 08-21-2008, 10:59 AM

39 weeks today! I cannot believe how big my stomach has gotten over the last two weeks! I had both my sons at 37 weeks, and I had no idea how big they could have gotten in just two weeks!

J - Homeschooling mom to H (1/20/05), Z (11/6/06) and C (8/22/08)
I work from SON up to SON down! 
Old 08-21-2008, 11:07 AM

40 weeks today. My OB did a membrane sweep yesterday and I started having contractions 10 minutes apart. They were down to 6-7 minutes for over 2 hours but never would get down to 5. Then they slowly crept back up to 10 minutes. I got no sleep, only a few minutes between contractions. Now that I'm up and awake I haven't felt one in 20 minutes.

I'm going to cry!

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

Old 08-21-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach03 View Post
40 weeks today. My OB did a membrane sweep yesterday and I started having contractions 10 minutes apart. They were down to 6-7 minutes for over 2 hours but never would get down to 5. Then they slowly crept back up to 10 minutes. I got no sleep, only a few minutes between contractions. Now that I'm up and awake I haven't felt one in 20 minutes.

I'm going to cry!
WALK!!!!! With #2 my mw swept my membranes and told me to go walking. It was November in Wisconsin, so I took my husband, older son, and a few friends to the mall. I told them we were all walking the mall until I had a baby right there at the Santa picture stand (LOL!!). We walked for five hours, and nothing -- not a single contraction. We went home, and I sat in the recliner for a bit. I stood up and WHAM my water broke!

J - Homeschooling mom to H (1/20/05), Z (11/6/06) and C (8/22/08)
I work from SON up to SON down! 
Old 08-21-2008, 11:30 AM

Checking in 38w6d! Grow Baby Grow!

I have a chiro appt. tonight...I've been having one every week for the past couple weeks..oh they feel so good!
Old 08-21-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_My_Babies View Post
WALK!!!!! With #2 my mw swept my membranes and told me to go walking. It was November in Wisconsin, so I took my husband, older son, and a few friends to the mall. I told them we were all walking the mall until I had a baby right there at the Santa picture stand (LOL!!). We walked for five hours, and nothing -- not a single contraction. We went home, and I sat in the recliner for a bit. I stood up and WHAM my water broke!
We did that for about 2 hours yesterday, and as soon as my husband wakes up (we were up until 2am, so I'm letting him sleep a little more) we're off to do more walking. I sure hope they come back.

My DH is scheduled to go out of town for business on the 2nd and I really want baby to come so he can be here with me next week. I have other family in town, but for all that first week postpartum stuff I just want him

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

Old 08-21-2008, 12:22 PM

39 weeks 3 days. Not sure how I'm feeling yet, I'm up too early. Slept okay. Busy day today. I'm getting my hair and makeup done and then family/ pregnancy photos on the beach. So I'll be kept occupied today. Midwife appt. tomorrow.

Mama to two beautiful children. 

Old 08-21-2008, 12:26 PM

Still pregnant here, too! I'm 39 weeks, 2 days. No signs at all.

I am ready to be done with work. It's getting really stressful with everyone trying to get things to me to finish before I leave.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:31 PM

Still pregnant here, too!
41+5 days. The longest that I have ever been pregnant!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:46 PM

Still here! 40 + 5 days.So uncomfortable lately, I am getting cranky.
I've got to wake up my toddlers cause it's my oldest son's first day back at school. His dad is taking him today, but I need to go to be a good mom. I really don't want to, though. Shhh...that's a mama secret.

After we get back, my midwife will come over. I don't know if she'll want to do an NST, but I might ask for one, so I can relax for a few more days and not worry about things.

Oh well, have a good day everyone!

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
Old 08-21-2008, 12:53 PM

40 weeks + 6 days.

I woke with what felt like painful contractions in the middle of the night, but I was able to go back to sleep and now they are gone.

I am feeling period-like cramps and pressure in my bum i think? I don't know, it's hard to tell exactly

I am headed to my 2nd acupuncture apt with a new women who specializes in pregnant women, so I hope this is the trick!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Banned

still pregnant, still happy.

i do have trouble bending over. that's the toughest part--picking things up off the ground.

otherwise, feeling good. everything tickles. i get contractions that feel awesome (orgasmic) and then baby movement very low that tickles and feels awesome.

it's hard to have these feelings while not at home though. i end up moving around a lot, wiggling and what not. it looks funny--my DH says like a funny little dance. but when i'm home, i just enjoy!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:17 PM

August 21st would be a good birthday, wouldn't it? Or, like, maybe sometime this weekend? I know it's only been 38 weeks, but it's starting to feel a lot longer than that.

Mama to DD : 09/08
Old 08-21-2008, 01:28 PM

40+3
My feet, which were basically completely unswollen two days ago, have turned into painful bags of water. They are, however, distracting me from the new levels of pain in my pelvic joints.

Braxton Hicks are happening all the time now, which I'm : is a good sign.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:56 PM

Still pregnant . . . 41 weeks. No signs yet either. Sigh.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:58 PM

iam here thanks for all the kind words yesterday it really helped i just need to relax and know i can do this and i will be great at it and i know i can take care of 2 kids without any extra help

hubby is getting off work early tonight yahoo last night he didnt get home until midnight and that was hard on me cause my son was refusing bed time cause baba was not home then my son woke up crying cause baba was not home hubby lefted very early for work soo he could get off early tonight which means he will get off at 8pm lol but that is early for him lol

stilling loving being pregnant today iam headed to the bounce house place with my son heres hoping that will wear him out soo he will sleep tonight

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
Old 08-21-2008, 02:17 PM

Still preggy, and beginning to feel like I'm gonna stay that way forever *sighs* Went to the OB this morning for my weekly check up, and they said if I haven't had him by Sep. 5th, they want to induce. That would be not quite 42weeks. I really really hope I don't go that long. Baby needs to come on out and meet his family!

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

Old 08-21-2008, 02:45 PM

40+5 today. I had a NST this morning and it went well. I'm 2 cm. Going to start EPO tonight.

Baby Boy 9/08 & Baby Girl 3/11

Old 08-21-2008, 02:50 PM

I woke up with a cough/sore throat/ouchy ears and got up and got everyone off to where they needed to be and me to work. The morning started off with a grouchy sleepy mommy, but ...

then I went to Paradise Bakery and I feel a little better lol It's amazing what my favorite zucchini nut muffin does for me lol

Anyway last night I had contractions about 5-7 minutes apart and then they went away.. just ramping up a little every night I guess.

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
Old 08-21-2008, 02:56 PM

39 + 5 today. I had an awful backache last night, and hoped it would turn into contractions, but no such luck. DS and I went to the zoo for a few hours this morning, and we're both wiped! He's taking a nice (hopefully, long!) nap, so I think I'm going to do the same. Maybe after a snack, I'm STARVING today!!!

SAHM to DS - 9/06, DD - 8/08 and our little surprise, EDD: 3/18/10 :
Old 08-21-2008, 03:24 PM

Pregnant here! 40 weeks on Sunday. Some random contractions and BH all the time..I don't think it will be tonight though....

Married to CH (2005) and mother to DS1 (6/2006), DS2 (8/2008) and DS3 Sept 22nd, 2011!   

Old 08-21-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach03 View Post

I'm going to cry!
Rest up! You may need that energy later.

Still pregnant here. 40 weeks +3 days. Baby is active, but I have very little to no contractions. Maybe a few BH. I'm taking the dog to get groomed today and plan to walk around the farmer's market.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:30 PM

40 wks 6 days and counting...

Had frequent BH contractions all night last night and much of the morning. I don't know what to make of it, so I'm trying to just ignore it and continue on my way.

Went to the chiropractor this morning, which was excellent.

I put spackle on the belly cast too late in the day yesterday, so I may sand it and put on a layer of gesso today.

I also have a zucchini bread recipe that I'm looking forward to trying. I'd been hoping to wait until early labor to bake it, but if I run out of things to keep me occupied I'll just make a batch or two today and then will bake a 3rd batch, or perhaps make some brownies, when I'm in early labor.

- nk
Old 08-21-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becomingme View Post

I also have a zucchini bread recipe that I'm looking forward to trying. I'd been hoping to wait until early labor to bake it, but if I run out of things to keep me occupied I'll just make a batch or two today and then will bake a 3rd batch, or perhaps make some brownies, when I'm in early labor.

- nk
That sounds like a great idea! I might steal it. I've been trying to think of a good early labor activity to keep my busy.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:49 PM

Diamond Lil -did you get 'swept' the other day? I was wondering how you are doing.

And who said that about the Roseanne episode with Jackie saying she had a 3 day old baby inside of her? That has been cracking me up ever since. I even use it on people who are bugging me about being past my edd. "Yeah, I know, I have a 5 day old baby inside me" and it freaks them out and they laugh uncomfortably. It's great!

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
Old 08-21-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redebeth View Post
Diamond Lil -did you get 'swept' the other day? I was wondering how you are doing.

And who said that about the Roseanne episode with Jackie saying she had a 3 day old baby inside of her? That has been cracking me up ever since. I even use it on people who are bugging me about being past my edd. "Yeah, I know, I have a 5 day old baby inside me" and it freaks them out and they laugh uncomfortably. It's great!
:

I'm still here.

Nothing new to report...

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
Old 08-21-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_My_Babies View Post

: walk walk walk.......I went to Calgary and walked 4 hours at the zoo......ok lots of resting too and next day 2 hours walking.......labor started 430 am that morning........mr j arrived 345pm (long because the cord was wrapped around his leg)......mind you, labor was not the intention.....was 37 weeks.....sorry am typing one hand/one finger.....

User Tag List