Thursday Postpartum - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 08-21-2008, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how are the mamas and babies doing?

I've got a busy day ahead of me and apparently I'm avoiding it by being online!

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#2 of 24 Old 08-21-2008, 02:02 PM

I'm having a mellow day so far. Sean had a restless night and woke up with a ton of drainage in his ear, so I have to take him in to the Dr today. I hope he didn't burst his ear drum again. We just got new tubes put in this May! Poor baby boy.

Eleanor was also restless last night, nursed a lot. She's been zonked out for awhile now, so I got Sean bathed & dressed, I showered & dressed and I started the dishwasher & did a load of laundry. DH is on his way home with lunch, so I am sure she will wake up just in time for me to eat.

I was in a foul mood swing last night. I had a headache and just didn't want to be around my boys or dh, so I curled up in bed with E. Felt better after a nap, but sorry I was so grumpy to them.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#3 of 24 Old 08-21-2008, 02:05 PM

We took Cady to the pediatrician this morning. She has gained one pound! : I am especially thrilled since I had breast reduction surgery four years ago and didn't know how well I'd be able to breastfeed.

My c-section incision has been hurting. I guess I need more sitting on my butt and less doing stuff around the house.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#4 of 24 Old 08-21-2008, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

I've thought of getting a reduction too. Perhaps after I've lost weight, dd has completely weaned, dh's vasectomy is confirmed, and I get much better insurance!

#5 of 24 Old 08-21-2008, 03:42 PM

I had a breast reduction four years ago as well. It didn't really affect my nursing ability, other than getting my LO to latch on and stay. LOL.

I feel ok today. Been doing laundry and cleaning around the house since DP is a pig. How can think washing dishing and there's still crud on them is clean? Gross! I re-washed everything in boiling hot water. I swear, that man sometimes...

Kendall slept alright last night. I've started swaddling him again and he appears to like it. He looks like a little burrito but he's sleeping in his crib and not the bassinet. Yay!: Tonight's challenge is to get him to sleep in the crib.

My hip pain was the worst ever yesterday. I took some 800 millgram Motrin (which I broke in half because they are way strong) and got a decent night's rest. Not much pain today. Yesterday I couldn't even put pressure on that leg. I plan to call the doc if it returns by tomorrow.

TMI alert: I am horny as all get out. PP bleeding is occassional spotting but I'm trying to wait until my one month appt to gett the greenlight. I'm just going alittle crazy.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#6 of 24 Old 08-21-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
I had a breast reduction four years ago as well. It didn't really affect my nursing ability, other than getting my LO to latch on and stay. LOL.

I feel ok today. Been doing laundry and cleaning around the house since DP is a pig. How can think washing dishing and there's still crud on them is clean? Gross! I re-washed everything in boiling hot water. I swear, that man sometimes...

I know, My dh doesn't see what I see.

It drives me crzy!

Kendall slept alright last night. I've started swaddling him again and he appears to like it. He looks like a little burrito but he's sleeping in his crib and not the bassinet. Yay!: Tonight's challenge is to get him to sleep in the crib.

My creamy style milk has finally come in so hopefully, hopefully, little Mary will sleep better tonight!!

My hip pain was the worst ever yesterday. I took some 800 millgram Motrin (which I broke in half because they are way strong) and got a decent night's rest. Not much pain today. Yesterday I couldn't even put pressure on that leg. I plan to call the doc if it returns by tomorrow.

TMI alert: I am horny as all get out. PP bleeding is occassional spotting but I'm trying to wait until my one month appt to gett the greenlight. I'm just going alittle crazy.
Really? I can't even stand right now to think of that!
#7 of 24 Old 08-21-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwendolyn's babies View Post
Really? I can't even stand right now to think of that!
Either can my husband.........You might hurt yourself he says
Mr. J was restless again last night so I am tired again. At least with Yas and Tam I could work it so I rested an hour per day but not anymore. Hubby took Yas for a dentist appt. so I am hoping he will stay home today so I can nap. He was awful today.......made breakfast for everyone but forgot about me and ate my share He did offer to make something else but I was too mad so just ate a piece of cheese and a cup of coffee (I know coffee is bad).....sometimes he takes revenge so I didnt believe his excuse.
I am getting the hip pain too......guess things are moving back into place but I am finding it is hurting to pee all of a sudden.....not sure if that is part of the healing or something I should tell dr. Mr. J has the worst farts.....almost as bad as daddys. I remember Tams was awful too but Yas was fine. Weird.......Tam and Mr. J both were vbac and Yas was c/s......
Hubby is also fishing about another baby one day........3 is enough....we dont plan anymore so I said right now I want the man to carry for 9 months and labor and maybe a new man is in order.....one who is not too tired and helps out a bit:
#8 of 24 Old 08-21-2008, 04:26 PM

Today has been our busiest day yet. Dr appt for Colin, and preschool checkups for my other two. Colin left the hospital on Monday at 7 lb, .5 oz and weighed in today at 7#7oz! Woohoo! : So that was good news.

I did all the paperwork for the school, and passed the paperwork for my short term disability over to the doctor's office. The only thing I have left to do is to add Colin to our insurance policies. I love having that stuff done and over with.

My ds1 and dd are now at the Montessori school. I also had to go and pick up the milk from our cowshare. We also had an electrician come today because something funky was going on with the wiring in our basement. So now I have two hours before I pick up the kids and I'm going to try and rest for a bit. Hope everyone else is doing well!

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#9 of 24 Old 08-21-2008, 06:01 PM

I have had an owie past day. Yesterday around 4 I started getting very sharp abdominal pains. I was feeling great before hand. I don't know if I have some clots trying to pass or what but the pain was REALLY bad for about 2 hours. Now it is still sore to change positions and push on my belly but I can at least move now. I am seeing my mw today so hopefully she will check me out good and it won't be anything "bad".

On the bright side...we had newborn pictures taken of Owen today. I am looking forward to seeing them and will share when I get them...probably next week sometime. He had about 2 hours of photos and didn't cry once. He was awake for about 3/4 of it too. I am so glad he is such an easy going guy...especially after the pains yesterday and my energetic 4 year old!

Needless to say...not feeling horny here either...That will probably take at least a couple more weeks I am sure!

And thank you, greenmom4, for reminding me to add Owen to the insurance. I always forget about things like that.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#10 of 24 Old 08-21-2008, 07:38 PM

We're doing great. my milk came in the night, bleeding has almost stopped (the day after birth... is that strange?? I bled for 4 weeks after dd!).

August eats all day long. I don't think he's had a chance to loose any weight! dd's chowing down too, gotta say i'm love my big boobs! (. they aren't engorged or leaking either, I think i have dd to thank for that .

I'm really trying to cd this time around. we're using prefolds. If it's soiled with poop i rinse right away, but should i hang them to dry or put them in a bucket of water? if anyone can share with me their practical system i'd be overjoyed!

August loves to be swaddled, I'm simply amazed. He also loves being in the kangaroo pouch, which makes life for me so much easier!

heading out to the mall tomorrow! I've got cabin fever already!

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#11 of 24 Old 08-21-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
I'm really trying to cd this time around. we're using prefolds. If it's soiled with poop i rinse right away, but should i hang them to dry or put them in a bucket of water? if anyone can share with me their practical system i'd be overjoyed!
I toss diapers in a dry pail just as they are, then wash every other day. No rinsing, no bucket of water. When washing, I pre-soak, wash and rinse twice. It's been raining here so everything is going in the dryer (except covers... those hang inside to dry). When it's sunny I'll put diapers out on the line to dry. HTH

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#12 of 24 Old 08-21-2008, 10:12 PM

I can't think of sex either!!! omg I had a huge painful orgasm 2 wks ago! (ya know orgasmic birth?!?!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post
On the bright side...we had newborn pictures taken of Owen today. I am looking forward to seeing them and will share when I get them...
We did some of these today too!

Today Roberto Carlos stayed awake the whole day so i am looking forward to a nice sleep time tonite! : He was a little piggie though, eating all day!

I had a nice shower today and every day feeling like myself again... I can't wait to start hitting the gym again though... sighs

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#13 of 24 Old 08-21-2008, 10:19 PM

Quote:
I rinse poop right away (when possible lol) and put in a bucket of water (with diluted washing soda and free&clear detergent) Sometimes I throw a few drops of tree tea oil. I live in an appt. and drying in a line is very limited. What I have right at the baby area is a nice plastic basket where I put the soiled diapers then I rinse as I go (or as I can). For example, I change diapers throughout the night and leave them in that basket until I can get a hold of them and rinse the poop then throw in the bucket of water. I been doing the laundry every other day.

#14 of 24 Old 08-21-2008, 11:02 PM

I don't rinse diapers- everything goes in the dry dail and gets washed every couple of days. Stains can be sunned out later. That's the best thing about EBF babies- no dunking!!! I must say, this is my first NB to CD (didn't start before until 4 mos) and it is so much easier than I expected. I have fitteds and prefolds and I actually like the prefolds so much more than I thought I would.

I'm jealous of the pro NB photos! I would love to take E in for some but we really can't spend the money on prints now.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#15 of 24 Old 08-21-2008, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
We're doing great. my milk came in the night, bleeding has almost stopped (the day after birth... is that strange?? I bled for 4 weeks after dd!).

I'm freakin jealous! I had 9 and 7 weeks with my other kids. Still going strong here! I'm taking placenta and angelica tincture to try to cut down but we will see. I'd be happy to end at 4 weeks as we are going to the coast for a few days then.

I do a dry pail too with no rinsing. No stains either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySunflowerBoys View Post

I'm jealous of the pro NB photos! I would love to take E in for some but we really can't spend the money on prints now.
If you have a Picture People near you then you can print off a coupon for a free 8x10 and there are no other fees.

#16 of 24 Old 08-22-2008, 01:55 AM

I am in crazy post-pregnancy nesting mode. I have packed up all my maternity clothes, reorganized my closet and got rid of tons of stuff. What is going on? I even cooked a nice dinner (fried chicken wings, steamed green beans and brown rice). IT was delicious! Lunch tomorrow is will be salmon dip and a salad. Yumm! I'm already ready to eat.

I'm debating about dinner tomorrow night. Normally I order pizza and watch movies but I've considered venturing out to get something. DP might have a fit he knew I've been out driving but we'll see how I feel tomorrow. I may just spend it in the house and order my pizza anyway.

It's 1 am and DP and kendall just went to bed. I guess I should catch my two hours before he wakes.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#17 of 24 Old 08-22-2008, 06:31 AM

Quote:
I am in crazy post-pregnancy nesting mode. I have packed up all my maternity clothes, reorganized my closet and got rid of tons of stuff. What is going on?
you can come over to our place next! I finally got a wash put on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
I'm freakin jealous! I had 9 and 7 weeks with my other kids. Still going strong here! I'm taking placenta and angelica tincture to try to cut down but we will see. I'd be happy to end at 4 weeks as we are going to the coast for a few days then.

I do a dry pail too with no rinsing. No stains either.
I wasn't aware of not bleeding for weeks after a normal v-birth... I didn't even do anything to "cause" this. my mw thinks i might have bled really efficiently the first hours after birth... who knows!

I hope the tincture and extra herbs stops the flow for you!

Enith - i was so inspired by your pp soup idea that i had dh make the same for me. mmmmm it was absolutly perfect!!

thanks for all the cd tips.I think i'll make it easier on myself and go with not rinsing at all. our washer is super good so a pre-rinse and wash should be fine.
When we get to the states I think I'll invest in fitted cd's. I am liking our prefolds except they're huge....

#18 of 24 Old 08-22-2008, 01:42 PM

Kendall is so spoiled! LOL. He loves to sleep on your chest and the moment you lie him down in the crib, he wakes up. What's up with that? I'm trying to break him of this habit but its all his daddy's doing.

Now that he's finally napping, I can hop in the shower and eat some lunch. No big plans for the day other than to pay some bills online and vaccum.

I want to take Kendall to my parent's house this afternoon/evening but it's so cloudy and windy due to TS Fay that i think we'd better stay in.

#19 of 24 Old 08-22-2008, 01:44 PM

Klynne they are so cute!!! are they flats or prefolds?!? There should be a way to reduce the size... I too like my prefolds better but fitted are just too cute on them

soups are so welcome here - they are great for when the kiddos are sick. We did the turkey version of it for PP and OMG it was a God sent... :

Monique, he does that because he is listening to a heartbeat same as he did inside the womb. That's why cosleeping will always be a great experience It's not a habit, it's just what babies need to feel secure

#20 of 24 Old 08-22-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertandenith View Post
Klynne they are so cute!!! are they flats or prefolds?!? There should be a way to reduce the size... I too like my prefolds better but fitted are just too cute on them

soups are so welcome here - they are great for when the kiddos are sick. We did the turkey version of it for PP and OMG it was a God sent... :

Monique, he does that because he is listening to a heartbeat same as he did inside the womb. That's why cosleeping will always be a great experience It's not a habit, it's just what babies need to feel secure
Hummm, I seriously know nothing about cding, i just went to the organic all natural hippi mamma store and bought the cd's they had there (cding isn't in over here so you get what you get! I thought about ordering from the states but since I didn't know what would work best for dd i decided against it), Maybe they're flats? You fold them up put them on the kid, then you put the cotton pants on, then the wool cover you should see how big their waist line gets with that get up on LOL. Right now I'm skipping everything but the actual diaper since he's not yet peeing through them.

I agree that fitted are cute, I hope to get a stash when we get to the states.

Soup's are my comfort food. Only home made will do. :

#21 of 24 Old 08-22-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Kendall is so spoiled! LOL. He loves to sleep on your chest and the moment you lie him down in the crib, he wakes up. What's up with that? I'm trying to break him of this habit but its all his daddy's doing -
You can rest assured that he's not being spoiled. It's not a habit it's nature to want to be close and hear breathing/heartbeats. They don't know anything different and not being in or with someone is unheard of in their world .

#22 of 24 Old 08-22-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
You can rest assured that he's not being spoiled. It's not a habit it's nature to want to be close and hear breathing/heartbeats. They don't know anything different and not being in or with someone is unheard of in their world .
Thanks enith and klynne. I thought we were spoiling him. I really want to get that bear that mimics the sounds in the womb. If I can get out tomorrow, I plan to pick it up at Target or Babies R Us. Maybe we'll try the co-sleeping for another week but that will push me and DP's "special evening" back. LOL.

Funny thing, my mom is hear now and BEGGING me to let her take him home with her. I told her that it's so cloudy and overcast and I really don't want him out in this weather. I mean, the woman is literally begging me. I'm considering doing it so I can get a good night's rest but I'm sure DP will come in looking for him.

#23 of 24 Old 08-22-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks enith and klynne. I thought we were spoiling him. I really want to get that bear that mimics the sounds in the womb. If I can get out tomorrow, I plan to pick it up at Target or Babies R Us. Maybe we'll try the co-sleeping for another week but that will push me and DP's "special evening" back. LOL.

Funny thing, my mom is hear now and BEGGING me to let her take him home with her. I told her that it's so cloudy and overcast and I really don't want him out in this weather. I mean, the woman is literally begging me. I'm considering doing it so I can get a good night's rest but I'm sure DP will come in looking for him.
just remember that nothing can replace closeness from mamma or pappa

#24 of 24 Old 08-22-2008, 09:22 PM

:

He is too little to be away from mommy and/or daddy Probably if she come to your place instead for a night or two?

Klynne, if they are flats there are tons of way to fold them!! let me find you some links....

One here http://www.thediaperhyena.com/diaper...1_flatfold.htm

Another one http://www.diaperware.com/picturepages/flatfolding.htm

Newborn fold http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/flat.htm scroll down down you'll find the newborn fold, sooo cute!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page