Saturday - still pregnant daily thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-23-2008, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
today is my EDD! And I am feeling nothing. Ah well.

We have a little Greek Festival down the street. yummmm! And tomorrow is the August bout for my roller derby team. So, I figure the more crowded places I end up, the more likely my water is to break. ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2008, 12:04 PM

haha, like three of us posted the same thread at the same time.

Mama to three hilarious kiddos- Dylan 10, Edison 7, Violet 3. Partner to my sweet man since 2/2/02- mostly just doing.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:49 PM

Still pregnant here, too. Still more crampy feelings, but I'm guessing they aren't contractions, since they aren't really timeable.

My DD is Tuesday, so I'm getting close!

I'm paranoid about my water breaking and ruining something, so I have a waterproof pad on the bed and sofa!
Old 08-23-2008, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
Still pregnant here, too. Still more crampy feelings, but I'm guessing they aren't contractions, since they aren't really timeable.

My DD is Tuesday, so I'm getting close!

I'm paranoid about my water breaking and ruining something, so I have a waterproof pad on the bed and sofa!

I figure, the less prepared I am, the better my chances are.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:13 PM

Babycentre ( I like the UK version cause they talk about homebirth alot more than Babycenter) sent me my "your newborn is 1 week old" email today.

Ugh. I want to start a thread that says "Does anyone know...when my baby is coming out?"

The irony is that as much as i want my baby in my arms, if it waits 'till after Tues. that would at least let me get court over with. I don't want to reschedule that, and I will have to if I have the baby this weekend.

The baby has still been quiet, no hiccups, no breathing (at least while I am awake)! Just gently moving.: That's a cute fish.

Have a good day everyone! I'm hoping for some birth stories!

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
Old 08-23-2008, 01:26 PM

Oops...are we using this one? Cross-posting, then...

41 wks + 1 day. We're going to eat some breakfast & then we're heading to the hospital for my first NST. I even ate eggplant parm last night! Granted, I didn't make it myself, so who knows if the restaurant's recipe included the "magic ingredient".

My dad is leaving on Wednesday. I really hope he gets to meet the kid before he goes. My in laws arrive Tuesday and will be in town for 6 days. Likewise, I want them to meet the kid as well...seems like they have a better chance of that than my dad. My mom lives closest (in So Cal), and isn't flying up until I go into labor.

I also tried talking the kid out yesterday. Apparently, s/he was unimpressed with my reasoning.

- nk
Old 08-23-2008, 01:42 PM

I'll use this thread since it's the longest one!

I am 42 weeks today. Baby centre just sent me an e-mail about my "two week old"!! The nerve!!

I am going in for another NST today. Hopefully all is well with wee one.

It is amazing what people start to say to you when you are this "late". I just try to chuckle to myself, but it kind of shatters my confidence during my weaker moments...

So, I'm waiting and enjoying my regnancy still. Luckily I am still comfortable
Old 08-23-2008, 01:52 PM

39w1d today.

Not in a rush. (Yet)
Old 08-23-2008, 02:04 PM

39 weeks 5 days. If I sleep okay then I'm okay with still being pregnant. If I'm not sleeping I would rather be awake and be in labour at this point.
The weather is not too hot so will head out for the morning. I am not worried at all about my water breaking in public, I think I would be so excited that I would forget to be embarassed. I am only hoping that I have some sure signs of labour so I can call my mom in time. It will take her around 4 hours to get here, maybe more. She is my preferred choice for being with us during labour and staying with dd. I don't want to ask her to come 'wait' with us though as it seems to just add pressure about baby coming sooner than later.

Off to shower and go to the market.

Mama to two beautiful children. 

Old 08-23-2008, 03:06 PM

EDD is Thursday, who knows when we'll meet this little guy. I only slept a bit last night between baby moving, this cold I can't get rid of, my daughter not staying in her bed (which would be ok if she didn't kick me all night), and having to pee every hour, and being anxious about going into labor =
If I don't get some rest soon I'm going to lose it. ugh.

on a bright note, my husband was actually really nice to me this morning!

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
Old 08-23-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie cracker View Post
today is my EDD! And I am feeling nothing. Ah well.

We have a little Greek Festival down the street. yummmm! And tomorrow is the August bout for my roller derby team. So, I figure the more crowded places I end up, the more likely my water is to break. ;-)
Hey Kirsten! Just crashing your DDC to say that you're on my mind today. I remember having my EDD come and go and getting all kinds of phone calls from people "just checking in" Sounds like you have some fun activities planned for the next few days. I can't wait to read your fabulous birth story of how little Wip arrived Earthside : Easy birthing to you when he's ready
Old 08-23-2008, 03:16 PM

I'm still happily pregnant. My guess date for the baby's birthday was/is Sept 1st. So far I've been right in that I estimated I wouldn't go early, we'll see how close I get to Sept 1st.

I've been really good about drinking my RRL tea. I hope I'll have a shorter labor this time

Tina - mama to DD1 10.75yrs, DD2 6yrs, DD3 2.5 yrs & baby due in June 2015 and wifey to DH.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:03 PM

I am 42 weeks today. Baby centre just sent me an e-mail about my "two week old"!! The nerve!!

Sending good vibes your way!! That e-mail would have made me cry!! I'm 39 weeks...and I can barely stand it anymore! I feel for you!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2008, 04:38 PM

Still here, still pregnant, still ok with it.

Had some strong but not painful contrax last night 3 min apart, but then fell asleep so... meh?

Just having fun spending time with my ds knowing this could be the last day it's just the two of us.

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
Old 08-23-2008, 04:52 PM

41 weeks. I alternate between patient and impatient, but I am definitely feeling more patient than I would have expected.

Baby Boy 9/08 & Baby Girl 3/11

Old 08-23-2008, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
40 wks and 2 days today. My inlaws are coming in tomorrow so now instead of hoping the baby comes I'm hoping he stays in there till they are gone unless he wants to make an appearance today.

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
Old 08-24-2008, 01:09 AM

It looks like we are all having little Virgo's.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:09 AM

Here's to hoping I won't be signing in tomorrow. I've had bloody show since 2 this afternoon, after some really strong contractions. Hoping to get some sleep though. Packed my bag and going to have a bath and early to bed in hopes of some sleep.

Mama to two beautiful children. 

Old 08-24-2008, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlee View Post
Here's to hoping I won't be signing in tomorrow. I've had bloody show since 2 this afternoon, after some really strong contractions. Hoping to get some sleep though. Packed my bag and going to have a bath and early to bed in hopes of some sleep.
Oooh, fingers crossed for you!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlee View Post
: Yay!!!

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
Old 08-24-2008, 01:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Goodluck marlee!!!

I'm kind of excited my baby will be a virgo I didn't realy want a leo anyway. It will be nice to not be the only virgo in the house.

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif

User Tag List