Monday Postpartum - 8/25 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 08-25-2008, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Its 12:21 am here in Atlanta and yet again, I can't sleep. I should really be resting since Kendall will be waking in an hour, but I can't. I'm addicted to Food Network. LOL I have been for 2 years and will wake in the middle of the night to watch certain shows. I'm pitiful, I know.

My house is really quiet. Just mentally planning and budgeting for Kendall's expenses. I plan to have something down and organized for DP tomorrow by the time he comes in. Just a general figure of how much I'll need from him each month and each week, particularly daycare.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#2 of 21 Old 08-25-2008, 01:37 AM

girl you need tivo.

also don't forget to inform dp that this is just a best guess that there will be suprises, large expenses for emergencies....etc and be prepared for sperm donor sticker shock...

8 might be enough
#3 of 21 Old 08-25-2008, 01:11 PM

Well, I broke down and got a pacifier for Eleanor. Neither of my boys wanted one, but I thought I'd try it with her to help with car rides since I have to shuttle her around all day to take the kids to school. What do you know? She loves it. I'm still very torn about giving her it, though. I don't like them as a concept (artificial mother) or the reality of keeping track of one/keeping it clean/weaning a child from one later/keeping the siblings hands off of it. Ugh. It just breaks my heart to hear her cry in the car! Maybe we will just use it for a little while than ditch it. Or maybe she wil start refusing it. She's been nursing so well and has had any artificial nipples until this weekend. Of course I am worried that it will goof up her latch....

Hmm, what else? Oh I figured out that she does NOT like it when I drink coffee or caffine tea. I overdid it the other day and totally paid for it that night. Bye bye iced coffee....

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#4 of 21 Old 08-25-2008, 01:40 PM

I was totally prepared to do the pacifier thing this time around. My ds #1 was a constant sucker and I used the "pacifinger" a lot in the car. This guy just gets to business and is done. He even prefers to be laid down to sleep. He doesn't want to be held/snuggled to sleep. He is SOOOO different than my first. So it doesn't look like I will need the pacifier, at least not yet.

My mom is leaving tomorrow. I am a little nervous about having 2 boys on my own and I am very sad to see her go. She always cries when she says goodbye and we (kids) always poke a little fun at her just to lighten it up but tomorrow I will probably be bawling myself.

But...she's not leaving until tomorrow. So today is one last day of shopping. I think we are going to go and buy the "Owen" tree. We planted one with my placenta for Ian and now it is Owen's turn. Ian's was a pin oak...I wonder what we will get for Owen??

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#5 of 21 Old 08-25-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySunflowerBoys View Post
Well, I broke down and got a pacifier for Eleanor.
I did the same for Cady. We use it in the car and a only a little in the house. So far so good.

Quote:
Oh I figured out that she does NOT like it when I drink coffee or caffine tea.
I discovered just this morning that coffee gives her gas. Ugh... mornings are going to be tough.

My parents are here for the week. It's helpful since DH flew to CO this morning. I'm feeling stronger every day. We even went for a little walk this morning.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#6 of 21 Old 08-25-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Hmm, what else? Oh I figured out that she does NOT like it when I drink coffee or caffine tea. I overdid it the other day and totally paid for it that night. Bye bye iced coffee....
Typing 1 finger here......What does she do when you drink coffee......just wondering if it is causing a problem here
Had a bad night with SBTD (sleeping beauty the dancer).....He didnt want to lie down with me and nurse....so I had to stay up for 4 hours watching 2 movies while Mr. Sbtd slept:yawning:
And no matter what I do, he manages to pee on me everytime I change his diaper.....doesnt matter how careful I am or the tips I follow from btdt friends.......Oh yeah boys are such fun .........This little monkey has PERFECT aim:
#7 of 21 Old 08-25-2008, 02:47 PM

Yuk-i am avoiding doing a budget. i need to sit down and do this as our income goes down to 1.5, then just a single income, and dh is in school this year, but i am scared to see what we'll have to spend each month!! we are lucky in that our mortgage is arranged through our MIL, who totally supports SAHMing, but we still need to eat, etc.
i haven't notied any caffeine related effects, thank goodness, as i think i might die without it right now!
mw came and rowan is gaining well-no drops in weight at all-and everything looks great. she gave me the okay for walking/yoga, etc, so i am going to give it a go this afternoon. both kids are napping!!!! whee!
rowan has peed on me/the couch/the bed/the floor too-i am learning to lean back (not over him!) and also to cover him with a cloth or something if i have to run and get a dipe. seems to be working, but i'd love any other tips!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#8 of 21 Old 08-25-2008, 04:11 PM

I have nothing to wear and it's getting old. I had a really small maternity wardrobe that consisted of some shirts that I could wear to work and on my own time with three pairs of shorts and a skirt. I can still wear my maternity clothes but they are big. I can't fit into any of my regular clothes because I put on weight at my hips/butt and I've gone from a 34A to a 34C so the shirts don't fit either. Boo. I'm debating on buying some clothes for this transition period of losing these last ten pounds.
#9 of 21 Old 08-25-2008, 05:13 PM

Went to the pediatrician today. Evelynn is gaining weight like crazy. The doctor didn't believe it and had to weigh her a few times to make sure! I'm so proud of her.

She hasn't had a bowel movement in 3 days. She has plenty of wet diapers so she's getting enough food. The doctor said that some babies just need time to learn to poop and to try rectal stimulation (insertion and removal of a rectal thermometer) when I change her diaper.

Has anyone else had to do this? Sounds pretty unpleasant.

I don't know if it's something I ate or what but I have terrible gas and some diarrhea. Baby Evelynn has gas too, so when I nurse her you can hear our tummies rumble in concert. It's so sad. I've really been avoiding gassy foods too... who knows.

Eta: I've also been avoiding gassy foods to the point that I don't feel like I'm eating enough. This is bad. I think that I should just eat whatever and let her tummy get used to the food I eat. What do you guys think?

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#10 of 21 Old 08-25-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
She hasn't had a bowel movement in 3 days. She has plenty of wet diapers so she's getting enough food. The doctor said that some babies just need time to learn to poop and to try rectal stimulation (insertion and removal of a rectal thermometer) when I change her diaper.
I wouldn't worry. My 2nd sometimes only pooped once a week. Breastmilk doesn't create as much waste. He didn't get regular until after he started solids close to 8 mths.

I took all 3 to Target this morning. They were being angels and I was feeling brave. It wasn't bad at all. I put Amelia in a Moby Wrap. It was just like having 2!
#11 of 21 Old 08-25-2008, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
girl you need tivo.

also don't forget to inform dp that this is just a best guess that there will be suprises, large expenses for emergencies....etc and be prepared for sperm donor sticker shock...
The Food Network and I have a love affair like no other. LOL

I plan to have that talk with DP tonight about expenses. I feel pretty good and think that we can come to a great agreement about things.

Tonight was pretty uneventual. Kendall and i napped most of the day, I didn't cook, clean or do anything other than hold him, feed him, read magazines and rest. This is a first for me. Tomorrow, however, I have tons of phone calls to make so that's about all I'll be doing.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#12 of 21 Old 08-26-2008, 12:32 AM

I'm feeling like a lame mom resorting to pacifier use. I am embarassed actually. I don't want anyone to see that I'm using giving her one!

I did get my errands done and got to eat and entire dinner though.

I suppose very limited use will be okay.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#13 of 21 Old 08-26-2008, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
I'm feeling like a lame mom resorting to pacifier use. I am embarassed actually. I don't want anyone to see that I'm using giving her one!

Do what you have to do and don't worry about what people think. They aren't in your shoes.

I wish Cady would take one now. She has been nursing for the past two hours. My nipples hurt!

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#14 of 21 Old 08-26-2008, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

DP and I had our money discussion tonight and it went really well. Actually better than I thought. I feel really good about the situation. And can you believe we actually got along fine tonight? I mean, we were laughing and joking all evening and even did so in bed? Wow. That's a first in a while. Both he and Kendall are knocked out now so I guess after I get my food network splurge for thenight so will I.

Ok, I have a problem: I was planning lunch and dinner for tomorrow. Dinner is taken care of but I'm DYING for some chicken fried rice and sushi. The place down the street delivers but I know it will cost me a good $15 for my lunch meal from the. I know I'm supposed to be saving money but I am FEENING for my sushi roll and fried rice. Should I just cook or satisify my craving and order the chinese? Help! i'm making life decisions over a meal.

#15 of 21 Old 08-26-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicalynne View Post
Typing 1 finger here......What does she do when you drink coffee......just wondering if it is causing a problem here
Had a bad night with SBTD (sleeping beauty the dancer).....He didnt want to lie down with me and nurse....so I had to stay up for 4 hours watching 2 movies while Mr. Sbtd slept:yawning:
And no matter what I do, he manages to pee on me everytime I change his diaper.....doesnt matter how careful I am or the tips I follow from btdt friends.......Oh yeah boys are such fun .........This little monkey has PERFECT aim:
Sorry, didn't get back on the computer yesterday.

Well, the bad day, I drank a BK Iced Mocha, and 3-4 large glasses of ice tea. That night she was super fussy, refused to let anyone but me hold her, wasn't content to be laid down, nursed constantly, and was just plain out mad. Totally not the behavior she usually has.

Yesterday I made the mistake of eating cabbage and german sausage for lunch and she was soooo gassy last night. She woke to nurse more than every 2 hrs, too. Oi! I am going to have to stop satisfying my cravings to get a better night with her!

Sorry about the little pee shooter! Yep, that's a boy thing! E peed on the changing table yesterday, guess I was taking too long to get a new diaper!

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#16 of 21 Old 08-26-2008, 01:12 PM

I feel like there is no much to add these days, bfing, cosleeping, baby sleeping pattern, mommy pp, all that going great. Yesterday I went to get my weekly produce coop and went to whole foods to get some supplements for the kids. Going out with the baby is getting better and better, specially since I am cding. Since I made the PUL diaper covers my life is so much easier I love CDing so much this time around.

Today I am sending (AGAIN) all the papers to my mw for medicaid and will visit our chiro to get adjustments and a massage, I so needed!

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#17 of 21 Old 08-26-2008, 05:14 PM

Hey mamas, anyone have a sleepy babe and mastitis??? It happened yesterday and I still have the big sore spot and chills. am doing homeopathics, cabbage, pumping (dh had to buy one yesterday), trying to wake babe...any btdt advice?? Ds won't nurse otherwise i'd be all over that. Both boobs are huge. Thanks!!!!!

Mary, Mama to 3 boys! 9/05 & 8/08 & 7/12
#18 of 21 Old 08-26-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post

I've had two thumb suckers (one of the twins is still sucking her thumb around the clock) and wish we'd gone the paci route instead.
#19 of 21 Old 08-26-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryeb View Post
Hey mamas, anyone have a sleepy babe and mastitis??? It happened yesterday and I still have the big sore spot and chills. am doing homeopathics, cabbage, pumping (dh had to buy one yesterday), trying to wake babe...any btdt advice?? Ds won't nurse otherwise i'd be all over that. Both boobs are huge. Thanks!!!!!
For a plugged duct I do heat (a super hot wash cloth in a plastic bag - I'll even put it in the microwave), then massage the area, nurse on that side, then pump until there's no more milk on that side (and massage while pumping - it usually hurts, but it helps).

I had it, too last week - not fun!
#20 of 21 Old 08-26-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Sorry, didn't get back on the computer yesterday.

Well, the bad day, I drank a BK Iced Mocha, and 3-4 large glasses of ice tea. That night she was super fussy, refused to let anyone but me hold her, wasn't content to be laid down, nursed constantly, and was just plain out mad. Totally not the behavior she usually has.

Yesterday I made the mistake of eating cabbage and german sausage for lunch and she was soooo gassy last night. She woke to nurse more than every 2 hrs, too. Oi! I am going to have to stop satisfying my cravings to get a better night with her!

Sorry about the little pee shooter! Yep, that's a boy thing! E peed on the changing table yesterday, guess I was taking too long to get a new diaper!

Mr J is always like that but i only have one small cup a day.......i am not sure i can go cold turkey
#21 of 21 Old 08-26-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryeb View Post
nope thankfully........would letting your 3 yr old empty the girls after baby is done help? I just know when i get engorged it helps having dd2 help me but with mastitis?????

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page