Monday - Still Pregnant! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I thought that I would kick-off this week with this thread (and maybe it will bring me some good luck!)

42+2 for me and still waiting. I am a little crampy, but I think that it is gas...

How is everyone else doing today? We haven't had many baby lately, so I'm thinking that we are due for a big baby wave. Labor dust to all
#2 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 12:42 PM

Where is everyone? Usually when I check this thread it is 20 deep already!
I agree with the gas pain...it wakes me at night and makes me think I am having ctx. Such a tease!
Today is my LMP due date. I am getting a massage with acupressure/reflexology hoping to get things moving. My dh is on vacation and I don't want to waste any time.
Still just having BH, some stronger then others, but really nothing exciting. I was hoping we wouldn't make it to our MW appt on Thursday, but honestly I feel like I could be pg forever.
Come on, what are you waiting for????

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
#3 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 12:54 PM

I was just thinking the same thing, Heather!

Maybe everyone is off having babies.

My due date is tomorrow, based on both LMP and u/s. I've been more and more crampy, especially while sitting up, but when I lay down it goes away. I'm guessing I have a ways to go. Also, baby has had hiccups every day, and according to that hiccup thread, that means it's at least 24 hours before labor will start.

My mom wants me to go into labor Friday, so she can stay for a long weekend. Yes mom, I will try to go into labor on your schedule!
#4 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 01:06 PM

I'm here but have been "laboring" on/off since yesterday. I was prepared for start/stop labor but now that I'm in it it's no fun! Trying to stay positive and rest when I can. It's hard to rest when you are moaning through ctx every 10-15 mins. When I'm up they aren't as intense. I think I'll take a shower.

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#5 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 01:09 PM

Still here, still pregnant!

I think I bruised my butt bones sitting (very ungracefully) on the floor with ds. I'm pretty sore, so hopefully sitting on a cushion or on the couch will help!

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
#6 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 01:30 PM

Still here, still pregnant, and just figured out this morning that if it hurts to roll over towards my left to get up, I should try rolling to the right.
#7 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 02:18 PM

Still here..yesterday was my due date according to lnmp. Still feeling pretty good but definitely entering the "I will be pregnant forever" phase...... Having some random contractions but nothing solid yet. I try to remember that with #1, I wasn't in labor or feeling much of anything and then I just was.....

Married to CH (2005) and mother to DS1 (6/2006), DS2 (8/2008) and DS3 Sept 22nd, 2011!   

#8 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 02:31 PM

I'm here, too. 41 + 2. I have been waking up every morning around 5 am. Now is when it hits me, I would really like to go back to sleep. darn kids. I miss naps.

Okay, one more day till I start trying to get on with this baby. Hope some mamas are having there babes right about now!

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
#9 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Banned

rolling over, particularly tog et out of bed, is a comedy in errors over here.

still pregnant, feeling great.

supposed to get the computer and mattress tomorrow. i sure hope so! bah!

and, i've decided that i'll work through this week (i bet this one's coming in sept!), but not work next week. staying home, relaxing, hanging with a few friends should be a nice way to spend a week. and hopefully, we'll birth next week!

baby is active, getting nice (pleasant too) contractions now and again, and just enjoying it all!
#10 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 03:14 PM

40 +2 here and a false alarm last night! I started having contractions around noon, nothing uncomfortable, about 15-20 minutes apart. DH and I watched the Red Sox game, I took a snooze... still 15 minutes or so. We had dinner, took DS for a walk, during which they were 5-8 minutes apart, and getting stronger. This kept up for the rest of the evening... every 5-7 minutes, so I called my parents (who are going to stay with DS) and gave them the option of coming over then (around 9pm... they live 45 minutes away) or waiting for a call in the middle of the night. They opted to head over, and we visited for a bit before they and DH went to bed around 11. I stayed up for a few more hours, contractions still every 5-6 minutes apart, but really not painful, just uncomfortable. Went to bed around 12:30 and slept on and off while keeping an eye on things... they started to space out to 8 minutes apart, but were getting longer and stronger, wrapping around my back and up my belly. Then I woke up at 7... and nothing! A sporadic ctxn here and there. DH had already decided to take the day off, just in case, so we headed to the bike path with DS for a long walk... contractions throughout the walk, every 5 minutes and uncomfortable, but they tapered off during the carride home and have pretty much stopped. My hips are killing me from walking for an hour, so I give up!!

Sorry for the novel. I have an appointment with my midwife tomorrow, I'm afraid to have her check me and find out that I haven't made any progress, because I know I will cry. I was so sure that last night was it! It was so much easier with DS when my water just broke in the middle of the night.....

SAHM to DS - 9/06, DD - 8/08 and our little surprise, EDD: 3/18/10 :
#11 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 03:22 PM

I'm here too I was up last night with crampy feelings.. not exactly what I would call contractions, but I'm shooting for 8/28/08 so not encouraging anything just yet lol

I had the weirdest dreams last night. Mostly my fears coming out about how we're going to coordinate picking up and dropping off the kids at school and dh at work when I'm unable to drive... in my dream someone stole our vehicle and I was freaking out about how I would be able to pick up our kiddos from school. Anywho I wish the weird dreams would go away.. I need all the sleep I can get

Am I the only one eating chile like there's no tomorrow? Red chile, green chile, I am craving it nonstop! I think it may be a subconscious thing.. with my last birth I had eaten a ton of salsa the day she was born so maybe it's my mind's way of getting the baby to come out lol

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
#12 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 04:07 PM

Week 39, so I guess I don't have much reason for complaint yet, but man, it is so hard to MOVE.

Mama to DD : 09/08
#13 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 04:23 PM

Still here. Still (happily, mostly) pregnant. 39w3d.

Went to OB this AM instead of tomorrow because thought I might be leaking fluid. Kept getting wet spots in my panties. It's just my cervical fluid/mucous, though. Membranes still in tact. A good solid 1 cm, 60% effaced.

He said, "could be today, could be two weeks from now" : No kidding, eh? So glad he's okay waiting this out. Mentioned to me again that we're not post-dates until 42 weeks and at that point he'd break my waters if I'd like. I'll definitely opt for that over RCS, though I sure wish I'd go on my own!
#14 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 04:39 PM

Still here, still pregnant. I am thankful for a full term baby but seriously . . . this is exactly what I went through with my first son - I'm done being pregnant and ready to have a baby. I wonder how many of us will go into September.
#15 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 06:05 PM

I had a NST today to be sure baby is still happy. The OB who read my test was not totally happy about his reactionary results (I think that's the term she used), so she wanted to have fluid levels and other stuff checked at triage via u/s to be sure. He had perfect scores. The OB at the hospital said that he is one of the best practice breathers she has seen.

No signs of labor here - but it is storming. First rain in weeks. Maybe that will get something going?
#16 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 07:28 PM

i am still pregnant 40 w + 3 d hoping, wishing, praying that labor comes soon. everyday i am keeping up on my laundry, and cleaning because i want today to be the day! i have waited this long whats another week and a half right !?!?
#17 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 07:49 PM

It's down to 16 mommas! Not much longer for the rest of you!

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#18 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 08:12 PM

39wks+2d.

SOOOO crampy still.
Appt with midwife today. 75% effaced, 1.5cm dilated, baby is at +1 station. So 4 weeks of contractions are finally starting to show some results!!!
I'm trying not to get my hopes up though...this could go on for what seems like forever.

Good luck to the rest of you!! Waiting game is definitely NOT fun!
#19 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 08:19 PM

40+5.... crampy as heck this morning but nothing else happening so far today.
#20 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 08:35 PM

That's really embarrassing. I spelled "their", "there" in my previous post.

I just couldn't not say something.

#21 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 08:38 PM

41 weeks 3 days. Still pregnant and getting impatient!! Can't wait for the baby!!!:
#22 of 24 Old 08-25-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie cracker View Post
The OB at the hospital said that he is one of the best practice breathers she has seen.

That's awesome. Did you ask if that meant you had at least 24 hours to go?

#23 of 24 Old 08-26-2008, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
It's down to 16 mommas! Not much longer for the rest of you!
oh my! that's it? Well, even if I end up being a september mama, I am staying put with this DDC. Does the last baby out get some sort of a prize? ;-) I should make that my goal. haha

My parents have been here from Michigan for a week now. They are really enjoying their time with DD. Luckily they are retired and can stay as long as they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redebeth View Post
That's awesome. Did you ask if that meant you had at least 24 hours to go?
no, I didn't ask, because I was worried of the answer. haha
#24 of 24 Old 08-26-2008, 03:22 AM

Still here but my due date isn't until Thursday.
Can only go until 41 weeks (I'm trying a VBAC) so I'm hoping for labor soon.
At my last check up I was 100% effaced, -1 station but that is it.
I'm becoming very uncomfortable, but I'll do my best to stay positive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page