been using the squeem postpartum with good results. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-25-2008, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ordered the squeem online (a girdle) and it has really made a difference this time around. This is my 4th baby.

It actually feels good to wear (for me anyways) and really feels good for my back.
#2 of 6 Old 08-25-2008, 11:55 PM

Thanks for posting that. I've been planning on doing the same.

I'm going to use a flexees girdle if I ever get this baby out. This one is my 4th also, and my last, so i figured it's my last chance to use the Relaxin to my benefit. I would like to avoid the mother hips if you know what i mean. And i've read that it is a good feeling to press everything back in.

When did you start using yours? Is immediately after the birth too soon?

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
#3 of 6 Old 08-26-2008, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter

I used mine like 3 days after having the baby.
#4 of 6 Old 08-26-2008, 02:05 AM

I started wearing a girdle after I left the hospital (4 days later). I put it on everyday and take it off at night. It's worked wonders with my belly.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#5 of 6 Old 08-26-2008, 11:12 AM

Can I ask a question? I'm due in October and plan on using a PP binder. I have a medela support. It's just stretchy with velcro. Do you think the squeem was worth the money compared to just using what I have? It looks like it covers about twice as much of your trunk. Does it pinch or have boning? Would you think the one with legs or without? My butt could use the help too...
#6 of 6 Old 08-26-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Can I ask a question? I'm due in October and plan on using a PP binder. I have a medela support. It's just stretchy with velcro. Do you think the squeem was worth the money compared to just using what I have? It looks like it covers about twice as much of your trunk. Does it pinch or have boning?
I think you should be fine with the Medela one. Mine is basically one of those stretchy bands you wear put on when you lift weights. It has worked great. I'm switching to a flat girdle this week though so I'm going to start walking next week. I say save yourself the money and go with what you have.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page