Wednesday Daily Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2008, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning!

How is everyone doing today?

I am going to try to be way less cranky today. It is my goal.

Made my apple pies yesterday...you should have seen the portion I had..with lots of vanilla ice cream.....so good. And I actually slept. I think the pie was a good sleep aid!

More contractions last night...none this morning, yet. Still now show or plug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2008, 11:18 AM

Doing well.

Am heading out to stock up on water and such for hurricane, just in case. Taking the kids to the library. And taking it easy.

Might bake cookies or poppy seed bread. We'll have to see.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsy View Post
Doing well.

Am heading out to stock up on water and such for hurricane, just in case. Taking the kids to the library. And taking it easy.

Might bake cookies or poppy seed bread. We'll have to see.
R U in FL? Be careful!!

I think you are due the day before me??? Friday?????

Keep me updated as to any progress!!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:40 AM

Be safe down there with the hurricane.

I am trying not to think about going into labor and see how that works for me. I should pretend that it is 4 weeks earlier or something. haha I am not *that* far over my EDD - 40+4 - so I don't know why I am so down about it.

I am going to get a pedicure today and have committed to myself that DH and I will DTD every night till I give birth. Surely that will help my cervix, right? I guess we should have dtd more often during the whole rest of the pregnancy. ;-)

Irregular contractions *all* evening last night till about 1am. They ranged from 6-15 minutes apart - then would stop and start again later.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:02 PM

I am feeling pretty duped. Monday night, I "thought" my water broke--by which I mean an unexpected gush of fluid (enough to soak through my pants to the knees). But no contractions all night, so yesterday we headed off to see the midwife who said no, everything up there is still intact. I do not even want to know what it was, then. And now I'm just a mucus faucet (tmi, I know, I know).

Back to the waiting game. :

Mama to DD : 09/08
Old 08-27-2008, 12:42 PM

41 + 4. I am really emotional this morning. I had a really bad day yesterday and I think I am still processing it. I am just sitting here crying while my kids watch Arthur and they should be getting ready for school.

This baby is never coming out. It was hiccuping when I woke up, so I guess not in the next 24 hours. It had been quiet for days and i really thought today or tonight.

I am really frustrated.

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
Old 08-27-2008, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caenach View Post
I am feeling pretty duped. Monday night, I "thought" my water broke--by which I mean an unexpected gush of fluid (enough to soak through my pants to the knees). But no contractions all night, so yesterday we headed off to see the midwife who said no, everything up there is still intact. I do not even want to know what it was, then. And now I'm just a mucus faucet (tmi, I know, I know).

Back to the waiting game. :
That is really wierd. Did she have any insight as to what that might have been?
I would have felt REALLY dissapointed too. Hang in there though...it will happen!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettymamma View Post
R U in FL? Be careful!!

I think you are due the day before me??? Friday?????

Keep me updated as to any progress!!
South Louisiana. And yep, due on Friday.

Just lost my plug (or the start of it) ...
Old 08-27-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Her suggestions were "vaginal fluid" or "urine."

I feel a little stupid, I guess, because it sort of seemed like she thought I was exaggerating or, you know, being a little bit of a fly-off-the-handle first timer. But this was VERY different than the ongoing Mucus Faucet (which is gross, yes, and plentiful and very wet, but NOT like a cup of water being poured down my legs). And I know it wasn't urine.

I read online that sometimes there can be "leaks" of amniotic fluid, though she didn't say anything about that possibility.

Just hard to go from the "maybe, maybe, very soon" back to the "um, no, you could be pregnant for WEEKS."

Old 08-27-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redebeth View Post
This baby is never coming out. It was hiccuping when I woke up, so I guess not in the next 24 hours. It had been quiet for days and i really thought today or tonight.
i don't know this one...what's the relationship between hiccuping and labor? (or lack thereof i guess?)
Old 08-27-2008, 02:01 PM

I feel so bad for everyone who is so frustrated!! Since I just hit my due date, I'm not too frustrated yet - except that my sister just drove 6 hours to be closer - now she and my mom and other sister are just 3 hours away. So now I feel the pressure!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I would have felt REALLY dissapointed too. Hang in there though...it will happen!
A friend of mine went to the hospital with gushing fluids when she was 39 weeks pg, it turns out that her dd's shoulder was pressing into her bladder in such a way that it kept pressing out urine in gushes.
Her dd also displaced her liver and a rib by kicking too....
Old 08-27-2008, 02:14 PM

41 weeks today.... Im getting really depressed, Im not really up for watching the kids all day and every day I dont have the baby is another day that dh goes off to work.
I can't really take the kids out anywhere, I am so bored..

I am getting really frustrated with keeping the bathroom and bedroom in baby-ready mode for the birth. The house is clean, everything is ready, and Im having a hard time keeping everything that way.

Im sick of the cramps every morning and the contractions every night that do NOTHING.

My first was 9 days late and my second was 12 days late and I really thought MAYBE I would get a break this time. Everyone is joking that this one will be 15 days late now. NOT FUNNY.

I feel like everyone is just waiting for me, I feel like my body is not working properly and I feel like Im letting dh and my dd's down because they have been so excited for weeks now.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrybear View Post
i don't know this one...what's the relationship between hiccuping and labor? (or lack thereof i guess?)
I have a theory that since babies stop practice breathing (FBM'S) a couple of days before labor starts, then they would stop hiccuping too. This is just a way to amuse myself as i wait for this baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea View Post
41 weeks today.... Im getting really depressed, Im not really up for watching the kids all day and every day I dont have the baby is another day that dh goes off to work.
I can't really take the kids out anywhere, I am so bored..

I am getting really frustrated with keeping the bathroom and bedroom in baby-ready mode for the birth. The house is clean, everything is ready, and Im having a hard time keeping everything that way.

Im sick of the cramps every morning and the contractions every night that do NOTHING.

My first was 9 days late and my second was 12 days late and I really thought MAYBE I would get a break this time. Everyone is joking that this one will be 15 days late now. NOT FUNNY.

I feel like everyone is just waiting for me, I feel like my body is not working properly and I feel like Im letting dh and my dd's down because they have been so excited for weeks now.
First of all, I am with you on the keeping the house clean thing. My house has been super clean for the last month, but I'm just run down and tired and over it now. That's something I've always said is one of the two good things about going to the hospital. It's already clean when you get there, and they clean up when you leave. That and unlimited hot water.

About your babies being late, does it make you feel a little better because you know your body just does that? My first was 9 days late, but that's a first baby for you. My second and third were right around their due dates. I really didn't expect to go over with this one like I am, since i didn't before. I think I am more worried because this isn't part of my pattern.

I totally understand how you feel about 'making' everyone wait.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:52 PM

I just checked the birth announcements, and we have TWO Seamus' in the last week. What a coincidence!

Old 08-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Banned

still pregnant; i'm pretty sure we're going to go into next week.

computer is fixed; i just have to pick it up.

organic mattress arrived (feels great), but they didn't send one component, which won't come until friday. so, i have to decide if i want to make the bed and sleep in it until friday, and then unmake it and remake it when the mattress pad arrives, or just wait until friday.

EC store's "SimplyCovers" are on the way too! That's the last component that i need for the baby, and i was hoping they would come before arrival. you never know! but, they're coming. so, this will help with the initial dr's visit.

i can't figure out for the life of me how to put a car seat in.

and we're going shopping this weekend to get the components to my favorite soup recipes. i know that's not really all that exciting to others, but to me--woohoo! i love soup.

so, that's all here. a few contractions now and again, but i thnk next week is more likely.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
Isn't it, like, a LOT harder than it should be, in theory???

Old 08-27-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

I always take ours to the fire dept. They have a federally funded program to train some of them as car seat technicians and they will install or check for free. They even check for recalls and stuff automatically. Maybe your town has that too?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Awful cramps all of a sudden this afternoon. They feel like gas pains...but much worse. Very uncomfortable...but I don't think they are contractions...it is just constant. My uterus does tighten up now and then, but they don't go together.
No bloody show or plug....just a lot of pain.

Maybe its a sign..I don't know.
We are going to have some friends over tonight...try and ignore it..maybe that will make labor come. When I pay too much attention, it just goes away!:
Old 08-27-2008, 07:45 PM

This is what happens when overdue mamas get bored.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:12 AM

I don't usually get checks, but well I decided to get one today. :/
Midwife says everything very soft, very ready to go, she was able to observe a few contractions while I was there, but I'm only finger tip dilated .

ugh.

seeing as my other munchkins didn't drop until the end and my labors were w/in a fairly normal range and as everything is super soft and ready to go other than not being dilated much she thinks I'll go in the next couple of days, but who knows.

I feel like I have to wait until everyone is off of work and in town, but you know what screw it I really just want to meet my baby already!! I give myself permission to relax and not worry about everyone else's needs. I need to have this baby!

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
Old 08-28-2008, 02:44 AM

I think something might be starting...I'm getting squeezes that don't hurt, but they are on a regular basis. I'm cleaning my house now.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redebeth View Post
I think something might be starting...I'm getting squeezes that don't hurt, but they are on a regular basis. I'm cleaning my house now.
fingers crossed for you!

User Tag List