Monday postpartum - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 09-01-2008, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So yesterday morning was really funny. I fed dd and then handed her off to dh so I could make coffee and do the dishes.

While I was doing those things she was in her normal morning routine of peeing, pooping, and spitting up. He had to change her outfit 3 times and I don't know how many diapers. He seemed to be getting frustrating and thinking this was abnormal behavior. Meanwhile I laughed to myself in the kitchen and felt very productive getting two things done in a row without interruptions.

This morning dd actually napped on the couch without me holding her! I put some chicken in the crock last night so this morning I removed the skin and bones then added in veggies to make soup for later.
I am working on applebutter right now so I'll also make some biscuits that we can serve with fresh applebutter. Yum!

I do need to get some laundry folding done though!

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#2 of 21 Old 09-01-2008, 03:05 PM

well last night my good sleeper turned bad sleeper he would not sleep unless i was holding him and then he was up from 12am to 3am then woke up at 5am and didnt go back to sleep until 7am and that was with me laying him on my chest finally my toddler woke up at 9am and i go it is too early please go back to sleep but he wouldnt

soo i layed down and nursed baby to keep him alseep and begged hubby to get up with our toddler soo i could sleep in since i didnt get much sleep and i slept in until 11am when i decided to wake up baby cause their is noo way he is going to spend all day sleeping then up all night

i need to wash clothes and do the dishes soo i better get started

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#3 of 21 Old 09-01-2008, 03:28 PM

I'm finding I can do more stuff these days too-Rowan is 2 weeks old now! I'm trying to build a routine that's (a) do-able and (b) keeps my older DD out of trouble...luckily preschool starts next week-she'll be much happier with more socialization, and I will feel less guilty about not meeting her needs as well as I usually do ;(

I feel really, really lucky to have a good sleeper-DD (3) still wakes up most nights, and Rowan is sleeping 6-7 hour stretches at night. I feel way more human than I thought I would, although I'm feeling fairly hormonal the last couple of days-hoping to have things even out over the next few days. Tomorrow is the real test though-MIL is gone and DH goes back to school. Yikes!

It is soooo beautiful here today-we spent the morning outside at a park/having a picnic. Both kids are sleeping right now (!!!!) and it's nice to have some down time, and by "down time", I mean time to do laundry/clean up, ha ha.

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#4 of 21 Old 09-01-2008, 04:21 PM

When are babies supposed to develop normal feeding schedules?

She eats for an hour off and on and wants food again a half hour later. She never sleeps for longer than 2 hours at night. I'm so exhausted. She's not really fussy, though, so that's good.

Oh yeah, she STILL hasn't pooped. It's been 10 days and she's only 13 days old now.

What's wrong with my baby?

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#5 of 21 Old 09-01-2008, 04:38 PM

It is so beautiful here today too, just a sign of Hanna coming up. I am getting a little bit worried.

Today I went to get my wkly org produce and came back really quick, I went by myself (no baby no girls just myself) and it was nice to get out even though it only took about 40 mins.

I just prepared some mashed cauliflower and a whole chicken is in the oven. I am ready to prepare our daily salad. Roberto Carlos is napping right now and I too need to do my daily load of laundry.

The baby recently broke out in baby acne and cradle cap, poor baby. Thankfully is not as bad as Serena when she got it.

I been thinking of starting a home business, anything!!! I been selling a few things through Etsy but I need more $ than just a few bucks to help out DH. I want to come up with at least the produce/coop money.

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#6 of 21 Old 09-01-2008, 05:07 PM

forgot to mention that Roberto Carlos is starting to lose his baby hair!

#7 of 21 Old 09-01-2008, 05:09 PM

Hey Nik -- I now suspect food issues for any fussiness, poop, or sleep issues. You might want to try eliminating anything that is a known allergy in your family or try dairy as that's a very common one in the little ones. It's a pain to eliminate stuff but it's much easier when your baby is happier.

My poor munchkin has the chickenpox. My 2.5 yr old is just covered but so far the baby only has a few. We spent last night learning that dd is one of those ones who becomes hyperactive from Benadryl. Poor us!
#8 of 21 Old 09-01-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMel View Post
My poor munchkin has the chickenpox. My 2.5 yr old is just covered but so far the baby only has a few. We spent last night learning that dd is one of those ones who becomes hyperactive from Benadryl. Poor us!

omg I am so sorry well, you got this out of your way thankfully!

#9 of 21 Old 09-01-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Oh, poor little one! hope it's not too bad-take care!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#10 of 21 Old 09-01-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
When are babies supposed to develop normal feeding schedules?

She eats for an hour off and on and wants food again a half hour later. She never sleeps for longer than 2 hours at night. I'm so exhausted. She's not really fussy, though, so that's good.

Oh yeah, she STILL hasn't pooped. It's been 10 days and she's only 13 days old now.

Try some baby bliss gripe water. It is amazing stuff! Works on gas, collic, upset tummies, nausea, etc... it works in as little as 5 min. and babies having trouble going potty usually go in the next hour after a dose. Oh and it's ALL NATURAL! You can find it at walgreens for 11.99 or you can get it online at vitacost.com for only 7.00

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#11 of 21 Old 09-01-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Hey Nik -- I now suspect food issues for any fussiness, poop, or sleep issues. You might want to try eliminating anything that is a known allergy in your family or try dairy as that's a very common one in the little ones. It's a pain to eliminate stuff but it's much easier when your baby is happier.

Too bad you are in Ohio or I'd be asking to bring ds over as he will be 5 in Oct. and hasn't had them yet.

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#12 of 21 Old 09-01-2008, 08:12 PM

What a long weekend I had! DP's parents were intown all weekend and his mother held Kendall ALL WEEKEND. Her response to me "Monique, I know I'm spoiling him with all this holding but I can't help it." : Then 3 of my friends came by to see Kendall and also get a chance to hold him, would you believe she took him out of my girlfriend's arms while she was holding him. I am so glad they have gone back home. A weekend trip is all I can take of her. It's as if her 3 year old grandson was never that age or that she doesn't baby him. She WILL NOT be doing that to my child. Her grandson is spoiled rotten and babied way too much for my liking. she's already talking about selling their house in MS and moving to MS. DP is not happy about that but we both think his father will be totally against it.

After all of that, DP moved into his apartment today (thankyoujesus) but probably won't be staying the night there anytime soon. I was surely hoping it wouldbe this week but he needs to set up all his furniture. Either way, his place is there and he can finally go get it together and give me some space at mine. Heck, i'll even help him get it all together, I just need my house back.

I've been at my parents house all day. I'm just waiting around until my mom finishes cooking dinner before I head home. I'm sure DP is there now but I needed some space from him. Even if it is just a few hours.

Other than all of that, I feel fine. Just ready to get home and lie in bed and watch movies. Kendall is sleeping better at night. I've actually just been putting him in bed with us but that will change tonight. He is one month old today and I'm telling you, we are going to work on establishing a rountine for the two of us. I have a month to get in shape and I am determined.

Forgot to mention that he breastfed really good last night! Yay! I'm so happy. He latched right on and sucked away. And it didn't even hurt this time. The uternie (sp) after the fact were bad but that's ok.
I hope everyone had a fun (and safe!) holiday weekend.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#13 of 21 Old 09-01-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post

OH wow that is scary! Does your doc think that is OK for a BFed baby that is less than 2wks old? From everything I have read that is HIGHLY abnormal and can actually mean something is wrong. I would do some reading on Kellymom.com about NB stools and then call your doc.

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#14 of 21 Old 09-01-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
Forgot to mention that he breastfed really good last night! Yay! I'm so happy. He latched right on and sucked away. And it didn't even hurt this time.
:::

#15 of 21 Old 09-01-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerALM View Post
OH wow that is scary! Does your doc think that is OK for a BFed baby that is less than 2wks old? From everything I have read that is HIGHLY abnormal and can actually mean something is wrong. I would do some reading on Kellymom.com about NB stools and then call your doc.
nak

my doc knows. she doesn't have any other problems.. no vomiting, no abdominal swelling, more than 8 wet diapers a day, good weight gain, normal temp, normal behavior and she has pooped before.

because of this he's not too worried, but tomorrow will be 11 days so he wants to run some tests.

i'm so stressed out about it and it doesn't help that she's in a nursing frenzy today.. that's probably just a little growth spurt though.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#16 of 21 Old 09-02-2008, 12:19 AM

I'm joining the ranks of the postpartum mamas!!! This is my first minute where both my 18 mo ds is sleeping AND my newborn ds is sleeping! :

I'm having some troubles with my ring sling. I used it a couple of days ago with great success, and today, I couldn't get ds comfy. He tensed up and cried and I couldn't get it right.

I'm also feeling very uncared for in general. That might sound whiney, but I guess I mean emotionally. My mother is here and all she can say is, "When I was caring for 4 babies under the age of 4... blah blah blah" and a story about how super amazing she was and how I suck because I'm barely coping with two. *sob*

I'm beating myself up enough as it is, I just wish she could be gentle with me.

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
#17 of 21 Old 09-02-2008, 12:41 AM

be kind to yourself we all forget what those first few weeks are like until we are back there again....

My mom does the same thing, not always jump in and help out rather provide antidotes...picture it sicily 1956....there I was all alone in a small house in the country, with a ringer washer, cloth diapers and a husband gone all day..yet I managed to wax the floors, starch my undies and have dinner on the table by 6pm...

8 might be enough
#18 of 21 Old 09-02-2008, 01:14 AM

Everything is GREAT!! I couldn't have asked for a better baby

At his doc visit he weighed 9.8 After he went down a whole pound after we got back from the hospital. Born at 9.6.

He's growin

He can already laugh which is FREAKING me out. But only in his sleep! He doesn't know how to on command. And he loves to smile.

And!! He can almost crawl, he can push himself across the room if he wants with his legs... super baby!

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

#19 of 21 Old 09-02-2008, 02:11 AM

Jack is sleeping about three hours at a time at night. I swaddle him like a mofo and he's good. About 4:30AM I bring him to bed with me. The man takes him in the morning (about 6:30-7:00) with a bottle of pumped milk so I can sleep for a few hours in a row. Thank God he took paternity leave.

Jack holds his head up better and better every day. He's almost out of his newborn clothes and no longer drowning in 0-3 month clothes. He does well on trips and at stores. We are planning a beach trip soon to get out of the heat and a trip to San Diego in October. Can't wait.

Everyone wants to have us over for dinner so I'm not really cooking at all which I love. My MIL is driving me less crazy every day, love it. My oldest cat is jealous, he's gained about 10 pounds since we brought Jack home. He does this every time someone new comes (our other cat and our dog). We are making a point to pay attention to him so he'll stop eating so much.
#20 of 21 Old 09-02-2008, 02:44 AM

Wow, I didnt have time to even post today.....my friend and I threw a Big Kids Preschool Party for Yasmeen and her friend since it will be their first day of preschool tomorrow.....I was totally shocked that Mr. J actually slept through most of it even though the kids were yelling. My husband thought we were nuts for having a party (even my friends husband thought we were nuts) but whatever.
I phoned the school bus driver and told her the situation and she was ok with letting me and Mr. J on the bus as long as he is in a car seat....so I am thinking if I just show up with Yasmeen on the bus and tell them I have no way of getting home until preschool is over, they might be ok with me staying. I am hoping so anyway. I know they have a policy of no children allowed at the preschool who are not students but a newborn baby???? I will find out tomorrow anyway. If I cant go in I can just stay outside with Mr. J and my friend can be with Yasmeen.
#21 of 21 Old 09-02-2008, 03:00 AM

You are breastfeeding too, so I am sure they will let you have him with you.

Roberto Carlos had a 'fussy' moment just a few hours ago I thought I was going to cry, seriously! He wouldn't fall sleep and was fighting me when nursing. I had to go ahead and give him another small doses of probiotics. He is finally sleeping but geez, I swear I thought I was going to lose it!

Now I am death tired...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page