Monday postpartum - 9/8/08 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-08-2008, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how's everyone doing today?

Kendall hasbeen really fussy and whiny all day. I broke down and bought a swing. Now I have to spend all afternoon putting it together. DP moved out this morning (another story for another time). It already feels really lonely but I guess I can make it. It's not that he won't be here, he just moved into his new apartment and will be sleeping there.

Took Kendall on a 30 minute walk today. It was great for both of us. He's been sleeping all afternoon so far.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2008, 04:14 PM

Rowan had a roughish night, which meant I did too (up every 90 min or so between 1 and 7 am), but I think he's going through his 3 week growth spurt.
DH is at school today, so I'm on my own with two kids. I packed up a picnic for my DD and walked 3 km to the "local" park (we live in the country), and we played while Rowan slept in the stroller. Just as we were finishing up lunch, he woke up, nursed, crapped, and went back to sleep in the sling. We walked home, DD fell asleep too, and I'm thinking I totally rule right now for having two kids sleep, the laundry done, eaten a good meal, and STILL time to mess around online!!
I noticed that Rowan is already starting to change-bittersweet, isn't it? I'm so excited about all the stuff coming up, but I want to slow these moments down too.

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
Old 09-08-2008, 04:22 PM

The last two days were rough for Jack. He had screaming fits where nothing would console him and it was due to being super gassy. I couldn't burp it out of him for the life of me. I called my mom for some advise (I was a super cranky baby) while he was crying in my arms. She didn't even say hello when she picked up the phone, the first thing I heard was "Jack! You take after your momma!" She gave me some tips on what she did with me, none of which helped. Boo. In the end we broke down and bought simethicone (sp?) drops and by late evening it was like a whole new baby. :

He slept forever last night. Fell asleep in the sling at 8PM and didn't wake up until 2:30-ish, ate then slept again until 5AM. The night before it was up every hour and falling asleep on my chest.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:01 PM

Are we all having bad days?

I thought I was healing all the way but I've been having some discomfort today.
I'm stressed becase my mom is coming in a few days and my home is a mess. I'm not happy with how it looks but I'm virtually chained to my couch nursing, cleaning up spit up and diapering.
I get just enough time away to run loads of laundry and dishes, as well as feed my big kids and do school lessons. The rest has to wait!
I'm going to ask dh to really kick in and help me this week.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
Are we all having bad days?

I thought I was healing all the way but I've been having some discomfort today.
I'm stressed becase my mom is coming in a few days and my home is a mess. I'm not happy with how it looks but I'm virtually chained to my couch nursing, cleaning up spit up and diapering.
I get just enough time away to run loads of laundry and dishes, as well as feed my big kids and do school lessons. The rest has to wait!
I'm going to ask dh to really kick in and help me this week.
Hey!!!!!!!!!! This is my post...........just kidding but i am going thru exactly the same thing minus the mom part. I am chained also and am lucky if i get 5 or 10 mins to laundry/dishes/feed offspring.....i cant get anything else done. I literally spend 30-45 mins with Jaffer and 5-10 mins running around doing the above chores until mr j calls me again......the house is a mess especially the kitchen floor and i need to get out tamaras fall/winter clothing badly cause she is wearing clothing that is too small. Forget me eating.....i just grab a water and a piece of cheese or a granola bar.
I went for my ob checkup and they are hoping the bleeding is normal but took a blood/urine test to check. She wanted me to rest but i cant. So if it gets worse i am supposed to go to hospital and get a ultrasound. Have been crying but i think it is stress about the house being awful and not depression but i could see how stress could lead to ppd kwim? Jaff is good at night cosleeping but i am too tired to try to clean at night......
Old 09-08-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridgeart View Post
Rowan had a roughish night, which meant I did too (up every 90 min or so between 1 and 7 am), but I think he's going through his 3 week growth spurt.

Amelia, too! I knew to expect it since my others did the same thing, but that doesn't stop me from hoping she'll sleep longer soon! I'm tired, but at least dh gets up with the boys so I can make up for the long night.

She's a bit more unsettled during the day. She's crying a little more. I think it's gas here, too, but I'm usually able to help her. I pump and "bicycle" her legs and that helps a lot. And if she has trouble napping the Moby Wrap usually does the trick!

Now I just need to get a good excercise routine going!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

I'll have to remember to give Kendall some gas drops tonight before bed. I'm thinking I'm going to start a little rountine of washing his face before bed, reading a book and giving him a baby massage. I figure if I do this at around 9 each night, he'll sleep better and longer.

I brought down and bought a swing today. I couldn't take the fussiness. This thing is heaven sent! he loves to sleep in it. He'll sit idle in it for a while and then wants to be picked up but I love it. Gives me time to get onthecomputer and apply for some new jobs.

I'm feeling a little sad that DP is gone. Granted he's 10 minutes away, it's just not the same. I REALLY wanted to DTD last night but its so hard with Kendall waking up every 30 minutes or wanting to sleep in my bed. I guess we're back to just doing it on the weekends if we're lucky now that he's not here anymore. *sigh*

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Old 09-09-2008, 02:59 AM

wow you mamas!

We went through the 3 wk growth spurt but thankfully my baby is sleeping a lot better lately. But Monique, wow you are lucky, Roberto Carlos hates his bouncer! My preggo friend lent me his swing and he hates it too! The only way I can get him to use it is when he is actually sleeping, but I have tried a few times lately (while he sleeps) and he wakes up right away, so I guess the swing is no use anymore...

Tonight I gave Roberto a bit of my gripe water just in case, specially because I ate cauliflower today oh and some onions. But he is burping more and pretty much on his own! : That make me realize that he is getting older boohoo

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :

User Tag List