Tuesday postpartum - 9/9/08 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-09-2008, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kendall has been fussy all night. DP got him to sleep in his crib for a few hours. I dont know how he did but he did. We managed to watch2.5 hours of uninterrupted tv. LOL. It's 530am and have he lying on his belly. It seems to help the fussiness but I want to go to bed.

Speaking of DP, has decided to stay until I go back to work. : I'll admit at first I wanted him gone back to his apartment but today, I truly realized how much I'll miss him. I told him the deal was that he'll have to get up with Kendall more often, at least two days during the week and on the weekends. He said that was cool, so tonight he got up with him most of the night then I told him to rest and I would take over. You truly don't appreciate someone until their gone. Luckily, we are trying to talk this thing out.

I've been crazy horny lately but too tired to attempt to DTD. Plus Kendall's sleep is so erratic that we can't find the time. This is so sad. I really don't want to wait until the weekend but I may be stuck. dang it.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 09-09-2008, 10:27 AM

Amelia slept three 3 hour stretches last night! YEAH!! : I feel *almost* normal again! I'm puting her in her bed most of the night now. This same thing happened with my others, too. They would get sooo grunty and noisy and wake me up. Then when I would move around I would bother them. We just sleep so much better separately.
#3 of 9 Old 09-09-2008, 12:01 PM

Evelynn is awake but not hungry or fussy. I don't know what to do with her. I put her on her tummy and she lifted her head and kicked around for a while and seemed pretty amused but then became frustrated so I put her on her back and now she's just looking around.

I'm so at a loss for what to do!

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#4 of 9 Old 09-09-2008, 12:15 PM

Ben has been showing his fussy time, starting at 3:30-4:00 then cluster feeds and goes to bed around 8 or 9. He is such a good baby...I know all babies are good but he sleeps well and eats well. He is happy and smiles all the time, especially when big sister talks to him! I can't believe he is only going to be 5 weeks on Thursday. He is acting like a 3 month old, big smiles and longer sleep periods.

Dare I say, he is such a good baby I could do this again. Dh says NO.

Jenn
#5 of 9 Old 09-09-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
Evelynn is awake but not hungry or fussy. I don't know what to do with her. I put her on her tummy and she lifted her head and kicked around for a while and seemed pretty amused but then became frustrated so I put her on her back and now she's just looking around.

I'm so at a loss for what to do!
Relax! (ie: watch TV, read a book, make a phone call )

I remember thinking with my first that I needed to entertain him in some way all the time, but really it is very healthy to let them just "hang out" sometimes.
#6 of 9 Old 09-09-2008, 02:15 PM

I let Roberto do the same thing When he is ready to be picked up he tells me, it's so funny. It's like he is actually calling me, he won't cry but do a crying call: aaah, aaah. so cute My girls never were like that. He does not like baby equipment though!

Monique, maybe Kendall likes it that way because it relieves the pressure from his stomach? He sounds pretty colicky

Roberto is getting older The last two nights he's been falling sleep on his own in my arms, no need to breastfeed him as much to sleep or do weird positions or movements. He smiles and lol as soon as he wakes up, like he is in a great mood, so sweet. His gas/colic is slowing down too. I noticed he passes gas so easily without so much intervention of my part And due to our AP parenting, he seems less afraid and shows more confidence, not sure if I am explaining myself... do you kwim?

Ike is sending some nice winds our way and it feels so good outdoors today I think I am going to walk outside with Roberto and get some fresh air for a few minutes...

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#7 of 9 Old 09-09-2008, 04:23 PM

Ella is outgrowing her clothes! I have so many cute things she is not going to get to wear because the weather wasn't right or we were given them too late. I am hoping to find time to get the next size clothing washed up today.

BTW, does anyone else have so many freaking NB onsies that they can barely close the drawer??? Goodness! It's insane, I think they are having sex in that drawer and multiplying.

I posted about Ella's poor skin irratation in a couple forums here and several people suggested it might be eczema. I really hope not! I don't want to do an elimenation diet.

I was feeling like my house was totally out of control until today. My mom came out to visit this weekend and had hoped to help me get things done, but my DS2 totally hogged her all weekend. He did NOT want his nana to hold the baby at all. Once she left and the boys got to school, I kicked some booty around the house and caught up on things while E took her morning nap. It was silly that certain things are just "let go" because I am not free to do them. Like there were 3 burned out bulbs in the bathroom. You could barely see in there! Can dh change a bulb? No, not without tons of nagging. ugh! I swear, I feel like I have a career in the moving industry. All I do is move kids from place to place and then spend the rest of the day moving their crap back to where it belongs.

Edited to add pic of E and I out at a park, using our pouch sling. I love this carrier! Baby on Board

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#8 of 9 Old 09-09-2008, 07:30 PM

Gosh...I've been checking in but not writing so I have couple minutes and I thought I'd add mine...

Had my final meeting with my midwife today...I'm so sad to not have her in my life anymore. She is so amazing and the bond that is made during pregnancy and labor is so amazing. I'm really going to miss her in those moments when I have time to breath in between toddler, baby and dh and everything else. Decided on i.u.d. again. Going in next week to have it put in. We're already talking baby #3...but we'll see how things go for the next couple years.

Nat is 11 lbs 10 oz up from 6 lbs 4 oz a mere seven weeks ago. He is so sweet and lovely. He is sleeping so well I've even gotten a seven hour stint...but as I know from the first time around things change so I know it may not last when (if?) he stops growing so much. He coos and goos and loves to be kissed and gaze at me lovingly. Even the second time around it is still amazing how much love can come out of you.

I've loved reading everyone's birth stories and continue to be awed and inspired by the strength and love that is shown by all the mamas and papas here. I have appreciated this DDC so much during this journey and I've loved sharing it with you all.
#9 of 9 Old 09-09-2008, 09:40 PM

My five year old has a cold so he was banished to Grandma's today (haha, not really, it is actually far more fun for him to go over there!). The baby gets up a lot at night but then in the morning, around 530 or so, if I take him to bed he'll sleep several hours (child of my own heart, he likes to sleep in!). In fact, he woke up about 9 something today and then after nursing went back to sleep on me until after noon!!! So I don't feel too terrible.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page