Wednesday postpartum - 9/10/08 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 09-10-2008, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Argh! What a night for me! Luckily DP came in and took over Kendall last night but he was up with him almost every hour on the hour. It was ridiculous. Eventually I took over at 4 am: Kendall did not want to go back to sleep. First my night started off bumpy. I had planned to cook a decent meal, shower and put on cute pjs to let DP know I was "in the mood". Well, he came home early in the middle of me cooking and still wearing the same pjs from yesterday. I hadn't even showered yet. So that totally took away the element of surprise.

Then we turned into bed early and just as soon as I was we started "fondling", who wakes up? That was it for the night. So I've been up with my colicky child since 4 am. He justnow (9am) fell asleep in my lap. I'm heading out to Target to do some walking around (gotta get some exercise in) and then come back and figure out dinner. We're going to try this thing again tonight and see if maybe DP and I can get some quality time. *sigh*. Help me, ya'll.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#2 of 11 Old 09-10-2008, 12:19 PM

Hi! I'm sorry about your evening being ruined. I am 6 weeks PP and my DH isn't home with us right now. When he came home for Labor Day the only alone time we got was in the middle of the night/early morning while the kids are both asleep.

afro.jpg Chelci partners.gif Anthony, parents to: kid.gif E- 11/2006,energy.gif A- 07/2008, and babyf.gifBaby #3 due Aug. 2014.

A Few Facts About Our Familynamaste.gif  intactlact.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#3 of 11 Old 09-10-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
Argh! What a night for me! Luckily DP came in and took over Kendall last night but he was up with him almost every hour on the hour. It was ridiculous. Eventually I took over at 4 am: Kendall did not want to go back to sleep. First my night started off bumpy. I had planned to cook a decent meal, shower and put on cute pjs to let DP know I was "in the mood". Well, he came home early in the middle of me cooking and still wearing the same pjs from yesterday. I hadn't even showered yet. So that totally took away the element of surprise.

Then we turned into bed early and just as soon as I was we started "fondling", who wakes up? That was it for the night. So I've been up with my colicky child since 4 am. He justnow (9am) fell asleep in my lap. I'm heading out to Target to do some walking around (gotta get some exercise in) and then come back and figure out dinner. We're going to try this thing again tonight and see if maybe DP and I can get some quality time. *sigh*. Help me, ya'll.
Newborn sex is all about the quicky. Start "getting in the mood" even when your lo is still awake, kissing, touching, cuddling, talking dirty... whatever kwim? Then once your babe is asleep, jump dp!!! Yes sometimes you will be interupted, but it's about remembering that the mood is up to you. The mood is in your control, so you can run to your lo and soothe back to sleep and then resume dtd.

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
#4 of 11 Old 09-10-2008, 01:36 PM

That's how it works for us. Great advice!!

afro.jpg Chelci partners.gif Anthony, parents to: kid.gif E- 11/2006,energy.gif A- 07/2008, and babyf.gifBaby #3 due Aug. 2014.

A Few Facts About Our Familynamaste.gif  intactlact.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#5 of 11 Old 09-10-2008, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

You guys are funny. LOL. I guess since our last time was almost two weeks ago when my mom and dad kept Kendall overnight. Might be time for another overnight trip. LOL. Naw, we'll figure this out tonight. I'm going crazy! I just finished cooking the jerk chicken, the rice will be on a few, Kendall is napping. I plan to wake him in an hour so we can get him to bed by 9 and we have the evening to ourselves to do what we want....just after Project Runway goes off.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#6 of 11 Old 09-10-2008, 07:15 PM

Geez....been there done that......the only advice I can give is having a "quickie".......but sometimes that doesnt even pan out Actually, right now dtd is the last thing on my mind though I want to kwim? Apparently, the resident put in stitches that are just coming out now and I seem to be having an allergic reaction to them. Not to mention I am still bleeding.
I have been having such a hard time with Mr J...he doesnt want to be put down at all and seems to be a high needs baby. Not colicky but just wants to be close to mom...well actually i think he could care less about me but if i could just find a way to detach the boob he would be happy cuddling with it I cant put him in a sling yet because of the bleeding. The obs dont want me trying to do too much walking around and carrying him yet so i am stuck on the couch or bed with him and cant carry him around as i would like. He is so different than my girls but I am crazy about him. Yas keeps dressing him in pink and calling him sleeping beauty the dancer, and Tam has started kissing him endlessly on the head and told me his head was a flower She has been such a sweet trouper through all this. I mean the girl has to share hum hum with her little brother and she hasnt once shown any aggression unless giving kisses counts Yasmeen started preschool and is having a ball (and i need the break badly) though the 2nd day it was hard because apparently she felt she had to be responsible for her little friend who was petrified of school (his mother and the teachers worded it wrong and she took it literally) and she told me she felt tired from looking after him. Everything is fine with her now though she keeps testing me and still asks me 30x a day if i love her poor girl so i managed to walk to the store (which i am not supposed to be doing) and get her a surprise donut.
On another note, I am sooo happy that mr j has increased his weight in one month from 5p 14oz to 8p 8oz:
#7 of 11 Old 09-10-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicalynne View Post
Not colicky but just wants to be close to mom...well actually i think he could care less about me but if i could just find a way to detach the boob he would be happy cuddling with it

: this is soooo what August is like! I call him my little boob man.

Nights have been great for us. He's a bit fussy in the evenings but it only lasts an hr or 2. Now that he's a champ at side nursing I'm getting 7 or so hrs in, I need 10 but I'll take 7 over 3 or 4!! We were sleeping in the guest room but have now moved into bed with dh and dd and it's going better than I expected. We only have a queen though so it's a bit tight. Can't wait till we get moved and have our king (Though I'm now thinking a calif. king should have been on our minds. I can't even fathom having so much space!)

Quickies are the way relationships function with little one's in the house! lol
I think it's important to be gentle with yourself when you're a newly born mother too though. There are so many changes that take place the first months as we learn to mother. Everything gets turned upside down from what we're used to pre-baby(s).

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#8 of 11 Old 09-10-2008, 08:48 PM

I'm very happy for those chubby babies who are gaining weight so well but it makes me sad. Evelynn has been just meeting the weight requirements and she's just not chubby at all. Makes me think I'm doing something wrong even though she's healthy.

I'm obsessing over it, too. I'm really considering getting a fish scale and weighing her for my own reassurance. DH thinks I've lost my mind.

eta: My mom keeps reassuring me that it's just the way she is. I was a skinny baby, too, and I never got chubby. It's just hard when your vision of a healthy baby is one with lots of pudge!

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#9 of 11 Old 09-10-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post

I'm very happy for those chubby babies who are gaining weight so well but it makes me sad. Evelynn has been just meeting the weight requirements and she's just not chubby at all. Makes me think I'm doing something wrong even though she's healthy.

I'm obsessing over it, too. I'm really considering getting a fish scale and weighing her for my own reassurance. DH thinks I've lost my mind.

eta: My mom keeps reassuring me that it's just the way she is. I was a skinny baby, too, and I never got chubby. It's just hard when your vision of a healthy baby is one with lots of pudge!

please don't get the scale, listen to your mother (), and throw all the weight charts out the window. focus on your beautiful child and how perfect she is. Don't let anything distract you from that! (and don't compare! I know it's hard but true!)

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#10 of 11 Old 09-11-2008, 12:26 AM

My first was a "skinny" baby. I didn't weigh him often at all. I figured if he was pooping and peeing well he was getting enough in. Try not to worry (or compare) your babies weight gain with others.

My second...this little guy...now he is gaining like a crazy man. I don't really know how much because I don't weigh him obsessively but he is getting little squirrel cheeks! I know they will both even themselves out as they grow.

You guys are making me feel sorry for my dh...He has only gotten "action" once since the birth and I am still bleeding some so I hate to dtd when that is going on. I guess we will have to be creative. Plus, we have a 4 year old that likes to stay up so it is a challenge getting him to bed before we are both in dream land too. Hopefully once we move to the new house and have more time together...:

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#11 of 11 Old 09-11-2008, 01:05 AM

my third was a skinny baby...forever in newborn sizes.
my latest little man gained 3 pounds since his lowest baby drop point..and is 9 and a half pounds (still a pound below his brother's birth weight...lol)

He's defn going through a growth phase...I've been expressing to see if I can give him a night time bottle to fill him up and so that it keeps his night time feeds consistant with bottle when I have my night classes...keeping routine the same...he went from 2oz to 6oz in one week...I call him Mr. Schitz-alot
He's exhauting what i thought was a huge freezer supply!

I am still not getting more than 2 hours at a stretch but he sleeps a lot during the day...so I cannot complain.
My babymoon is comming to an end - I cooked a real dinner two nights in a row...I think my nanny now thinks she's off dinner duty I am a pretty good cook DH was shocked to come home walk in teh door to dinner hot on the table..lol

sex?
lol dh said how about a kiss...
lol I leaned over and kissed the baby he say's he knows where he stands

got a little family sadness going on so between the postpartum body, dh getting over his cold, me crying not due to hormones but family issue...
I am not feeling in the mood lately. Although I'd have another baby (which I so thought I was done) in a few years...gosh they are addictive, nature suckers you in.

Got my gym clothes put out...haven't made it there yet.
Friday (tomorrow I am at university) .... I promise
Got to get rid of the post partum body...

8 might be enough

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page