My babies social smile is here!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-10-2008, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just so cute! When I smile and talk in a high pitched baby voice while looking right in her eyes she smiles and coos right back at me!!! I am in love (she is 6wks old)

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#2 of 7 Old 09-10-2008, 07:12 PM

awwwww

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#3 of 7 Old 09-10-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerALM View Post
Just so cute! When I smile and talk in a high pitched baby voice while looking right in her eyes she smiles and coos right back at me!!! I am in love (she is 6wks old)
That 1st smile is so precious isnt it? Now you need to get someone to get a pic of her doing that
#4 of 7 Old 09-10-2008, 10:54 PM

I swear mine is smiling and meaning it not just because of gas or whatever else.

It is so exciting. I can't believe he is smiling os early. Usually isn't it more like 10-12 weeks?

Jenn
#5 of 7 Old 09-11-2008, 09:42 AM

Awwwww....I can't wait for this!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#6 of 7 Old 09-11-2008, 12:42 PM
hyz

My little one is doing this too! So exciting! She's 5.5 weeks, and doing it more and more now--it seems that whenever she's alert and comfortable, we can trigger it by staring into her eyes and smiling really big and talking in a happy voice--she also likes being "kissed" on the nose by her little stuffed dog, and when I "clap" her hands together (although they're still mostly in fists, so it's not really clapping). She's even added some "ahhhhh" sounds to the smiles sometimes. It's the best.

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#7 of 7 Old 09-11-2008, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennP View Post
I swear mine is smiling and meaning it not just because of gas or whatever else.

It is so exciting. I can't believe he is smiling os early. Usually isn't it more like 10-12 weeks?

Jenn
Mine started around the end of 4wks old but I was not sure if it was the real thing since she did not always do it when I smiled at her but over the next week it became apparent that it truly was for real. I know by 3mths they are supost to do it but not sure when the average start time is

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page