Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   August 2008 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/431-august-2008/)
-   -   Libido...is it back yet? (http://www.mothering.com/forum/431-august-2008/976593-libido-back-yet.html)

JennP 10-02-2008 12:37 PM

I still have no desire to have sex. Dh is ready to go and we have a hand full of times, 1 X a week since 3 weeks pp. But It is so hard for me to get into.

I am also not wanting to use BC but don't want to get pregnant, I am very untrusting of the Breastfeeding ways of BD since Ben sleeps long sessions once or twice a day.

JennP

AugustineM 10-02-2008 12:52 PM

I'm not in your DDC but I saw your post and had to comment. With both of my two previous babies, I did not have my libido return until around 6-9 months PP. I really had NO desire before that. I thought it was very difficult and I always told DH I felt totally unlike myself, because normally I have a healthy, strong libido. I did "try" to DTD somewhat regularly, but it was hard for me to get into, like you say.

I'm totally nervous about getting pregnant this time, after this baby, and DH is going to get a vas, but he probably won't until the baby is 3-4 months old.

GL!

Audreysmama 10-02-2008 03:57 PM

nope, none, nada. breastfeeding is taking it all away for me this time around. sucks.

Laniemama 10-02-2008 05:27 PM

Yup, mine won't be back until my ds is close to weaning. Bf'ing really does take it all away. AND this is also our last baby, so I def. don't want to be pg again. I told dh we won't be dtd until he gets the big V done!

megsy 10-02-2008 06:46 PM

I'm only five wks pp and not even thinking about it.

Pyrodjm 10-02-2008 08:46 PM

Yup, it was back at 3 wks pp when we dtd for the first time pp and it has been here ever since. My libido is about the same as before I was pregnant, even with exclusive breastfeeding.

jule924 10-03-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniemama View Post
AND this is also our last baby, so I def. don't want to be pg again. I told dh we won't be dtd until he gets the big V done!
Same here! His appt is next mth. As for if I want to dtd, the urges come and go, but haven't been strong enough to act on anyhow.

holothuroidea 10-03-2008 11:10 PM

I've got better things to think about.

I really just don't have an interest in sex. I feel like all my sexual energy has been redirected.

AKA_PI 10-04-2008 07:32 AM

Mine has been back since week 3 and i'm going into week 9 now. We dtd at least 3 times a week...if we can get the baby down soon enough.

Shiloh 10-09-2008 12:08 AM

define libido I am unfamiliar with that term ha ha ah

foogoomomma 10-16-2008 03:21 PM

lol I still haven't dtd since baby was born. We're almost 6 weeks pp, and although both willing we haven't been able to find the time. Whenever baby and kiddos are all finally asleep at the same time we're exhausted or one of us is.

naturegirl 10-18-2008 01:55 AM

I would have to say mine is back but it hasn't been really strong since my first ds was born. I went from nursing him to pregnant and now nursing again. Unfortunately I am usually in the mood in the morning and dh is in the mood at night so we have a hard time getting our rhythms together.

becomingme 10-21-2008 05:34 PM

8 weeks pp here, and no interest. For one, I'm too tired. Also, I was still sore during my final check up appt with my mw last week, so I'm also a little anxious about it hurting when we finally do. I feel badly for dh, though...It's been months now (I wasn't interested the last couple of months of pg either)...don't want to keep him waiting much longer.

-nk

psychocandy 10-24-2008 11:48 PM

I have the desire, but still have pain where I had stitches.