How often do your babies eat? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-01-2008, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD eats every 3-4 hours. Right now, she hasn't eaten since about 4:30 (it's 10pm here). I hate to wake her, but I feel she needs to eat. At night, she only eats once at 4 or so, and then when she wakes, around 7. DS ate every 2 hours.

So, how often do your LOs eat?

ETA: If DD eats too much, she throws it up. This doesn't happen all the time, but both the ped and a LC consultant agree that it's because she ate too much, and not reflux or anything.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#2 of 6 Old 12-01-2008, 03:05 AM

You know....I was just pondering this today. My little guy hasn't actually got a schedule yet! Sometimes its 30 minutes...sometimes 4 hours. I'm hoping to get a bit of a schedule just so I know if I can pop out to work out without him getting hungry!!
#3 of 6 Old 12-01-2008, 03:07 AM

I don't really pay much attention to what times he eats, but it seems like he eat every couple of hours during the day. He falls asleep nursing and when he pops off in the night and starts squirming I wake up long enough to pop him back on, so I don't know what time he eats at night. He goes to sleep for the "night" between 12 and 2 am and will wake up for the day between 10am and 2 pm. I'm a night owl so it doesn't bother me much.

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

#4 of 6 Old 12-01-2008, 06:05 AM

DS2 alternates between nursing every 3-4 hours and nursing every 20 minutes - seems to depend on the time of day. He usually wakes up once in the night to eat and then is an early riser at 6:30 or even earlier (what gives?! DS1 will sleep until 9 if nothing major disturbs him..).

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#5 of 6 Old 12-04-2008, 11:45 AM

OMG! Mine goes on eating marathon's every few days. Yesterday, she nursed so much I thought I was going to go nuts! ALL DAY starting at about 8:00AM! She finally fell asleep from 3:30-6:00PM. Got up, nursed. I gave her a bath at 8:00PM and she nursed from 8:30PM to 10:00PM and slept till 7:30AM this morning. She's not that hungry today and is playing on her activity gym mat allowing me some time to actually visit the DDC!
:-)
#6 of 6 Old 12-04-2008, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's starting to spread out a little bit. In the begining it was about every 15 minutes or so unless she was sleeping and I had to wake her to eat then. But now, it's getting more like every couple of hours day and night. But a nursing session may take between a few minutes to an hour with lots of stopping and burping in between. At night I just latch her back on when I feel her squirming next to me and go back to sleep.

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page