Roll Call! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 88 Old 12-22-2007, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know not many mamas who are due in September know it yet but I'm all excited and figured I'd start a roll call.

I'm guessing I'll be due some time in the first week of September.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 88 Old 12-22-2007, 09:16 PM

Hi Jora....
I know you from the TTC boards....
I am in b/w late Aug and early Sept. due dates.....Nice to see you over here!
Kelli

Kelli, Mom to DS 9/18/00, DD 10/18/03,and DS 8/16/08. ,,,,
#3 of 88 Old 12-23-2007, 01:34 AM

I'm Jill, I'm most likely due in September. I concieved around this time with #1, so I predict #2 will be born around the same time he was...maybe mid to late September? Haven't had an ultrasound yet to tell for sure.
#4 of 88 Old 12-23-2007, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

I got a positive-ish test yesterday and neg today. I'm really not concerned because it's too early anyway but It'd be nice t have something to show DP. I've got one of those- feel it in your bones things going on. I think I'll head in Wed for a blood test.
#5 of 88 Old 12-23-2007, 07:26 PM

I am in the late august/ early september camp too!

Both my other babies have been 1-2 weeks late, so I'm guessing this one will make an appearance Sep 3-6'ish.
#6 of 88 Old 12-23-2007, 10:27 PM

Hello Mamas! I am also sitting at the end of August to the beginning of September. I was 10 days late with both of my sons so I'm looking at September and that's what I'll tell people.

We are a family of Jesus loving urban-nesters living the granola life in a not-so-crunchy city.  Our kids (DS 8, DS 7, DD 4) are home birthed and educated, and we just found out that a new Little will be added to our roost mid-April '14!

#7 of 88 Old 12-24-2007, 12:29 AM

I'm newly pg, just took the test yesterday at 14 dpo. My technical due date would be Sept. 1, but both my boys arrived at nearly 42 weeks, so I'm going to tell everyone my date is Sept. 15. I figure I'll most likely have the baby by then! I got SOOOO tired of having everybody asking if I was "still pg."

It's nice to "meet" you all!

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#8 of 88 Old 12-24-2007, 12:40 AM

Can I join in this party?

I've been lurking around the MDC for the past 2 months that my DH and I have been TTC, and wouldn't you know it... a BFP at 10DPO on our second cycle! FF puts my due date at Sept. 2, which sounds about right.

It's nice to meet y'all!

Am I the only one still POAS multiple times a day, convinced that this PG is going to suddenly disappear somehow?

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

#9 of 88 Old 12-24-2007, 06:31 AM

I just got a BFP yesterday. I'm going in for a blood test this morning. Can I just say that I'm absolutely terrified? I have a 5 year old DD. My DH just found out his job will be gone in a couple of weeks. I was never 100% sure we should add to our family, but my age (38) stirred up my biological clock . We agreed we would only ttc for a couple of months (until the end of the year). I never really thought it would work, but I guess it did. :
#10 of 88 Old 12-24-2007, 05:50 PM

Just got my Christmas Present 2 very light but still there BFP. I have already put a card announcing the big news to DH in his stocking. I am a little nervous about him getting it. I hope he is as excited as I am.

My due date is around Sept 3. My last 2 babies have been 5 weeks early so this could even be a late July baby. Just praying for 37 weeks.

Congrats mamas!!! I look forward to sharing the next 9 with you.

Wife of 20 years to my superhero firefighting DH. SAHM to 2 boys and 2 girls (3 babies in Heaven- Baby # 5 5/2010 & Baby #6 8/2011 & Baby # 7 2/1013). Cancer Survivor 2011 ( Persistent Malignant Gestational Trophoblastic Disease)

#11 of 88 Old 12-24-2007, 06:57 PM

Well, Merry Christmas to us DH had a good birthday on the 12th (ETA: although we probably conceived just before that ).

I'm in shock, I don't finish school until April 20th but I'm beyond delighted, we were planning to try in June anyways so its not that out there. Honestly, this is just amazing and unexpected even though I've been desperately wanting for the last 3.5 years of marriage. I think I'm due around September 1st, but I feeling very crampy...

Trying to be hopeful ~ My Grammy's birthday is September 3, we got engaged on September 3rd, but both Mom & Grandma tend to go 15ish days late so I'm thinking mid-September, too.
#12 of 88 Old 12-24-2007, 07:31 PM

Me too - BFP yesterday (and again today). So happy to be joining you at 42 years old! We, too decided to TTC only until next April (my 43rd birthday) and got pg the 2nd cycle after my IUD was taken out. Both my dds were conceived around this time of year although dd2 came a bit early. My EDD is 9/3/08. Another Virgo on board!

Jora - where are you at in CO? I'm in Boulder.

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#13 of 88 Old 12-25-2007, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

The Springs. You're in Laura Shanleys neighborhood!!! If you're interested in unassisted birth, she's the authority and very friendly. Congrats!
#14 of 88 Old 12-25-2007, 02:09 PM

Merry Christmas Mamas!

I hope the holidays bring peace, joy, and sticky beans to us all!

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

#15 of 88 Old 12-26-2007, 11:23 AM

3 Sep here, so says the stick I peed on this am! 3 Sep is also my parents' anniversary so it's a good day.
#16 of 88 Old 12-26-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommahhh View Post
I just got a BFP yesterday. I'm going in for a blood test this morning. Can I just say that I'm absolutely terrified? I have a 5 year old DD. My DH just found out his job will be gone in a couple of weeks. I was never 100% sure we should add to our family, but my age (38) stirred up my biological clock . We agreed we would only ttc for a couple of months (until the end of the year). I never really thought it would work, but I guess it did. :
I'm there with you. Very excited, but also really nervous. We were going to wait longer to ttc, but decided just to go for it... and got pg on the first cycle. I still have doubts about whether I'm ready for a 3rd (the kids will outnumber the adults!), as ds2 is still in my bed and night nursing regularly. But, as dh says, if we waited until we were ready, we'd never have another one!

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#17 of 88 Old 12-26-2007, 04:49 PM

Just got a positive yesterday, for christmas! I guess that means I'm due at the very beginning of Sept.

My 5 year old hasn't nursed in about 2 weeks - and we are having our weaning party tonight.

We got pregnant with her about a month after my husband and I moved in together, and now we got pregnant again at the same time that my older daughter weaned - which means in the 6 years we've lived together there was one month during which I wasn't pregnant or breastfeeding. I wonder if he would recognize me without either...

Hope you all are well. Can't wait to get to know you better!
#18 of 88 Old 12-26-2007, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

I've felt like DS was getting close to weaning the past few months. I kinda hope he doesn't. He's been asking to nurse a LOT over the past week. I don't know why the change but I'm sticking to CLW and hoping that my milk won't dry up. He just turned 3 btw.
#19 of 88 Old 12-26-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
He's been asking to nurse a LOT over the past week.
Does he know there is a new baby coming??
#20 of 88 Old 12-26-2007, 07:46 PM

Well, I'm in...! We got our BFP on Christmas morning.

EDD is September 4.

Sending good vibes and blessings to everyone for healthy mamas and babies...
#21 of 88 Old 12-26-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauletoy View Post
Just got my Christmas Present 2 very light but still there BFP. I have already put a card announcing the big news to DH in his stocking. I am a little nervous about him getting it. I hope he is as excited as I am.
So, how did the announcement go?
#22 of 88 Old 12-26-2007, 08:49 PM

another first week of sept here!!
within that week it would be new baby, dh, brother and brother's birthdays!!
its okay, i get along really well with virgos!
#23 of 88 Old 12-26-2007, 10:28 PM

within that week it would be new baby, dh, brother and brother's birthdays!!
its okay, i get along really well with virgos!

me too! Dd1 is a Virgo, dd2 was due in Virgo, but came a bit early and dp is also a Virgo. Good thing I have five planets in Virgo!

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#24 of 88 Old 12-26-2007, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

I'm really irritated. I got a blood test today and it was negative. She said it would be done today and then when she called to give me the result, said that it would be negative at less than 50MUI. So, I got stuck twice for nothing. The test that gives the exact number as low as 5MuI won't be done till Friday. I was going to test at home again Saturday morning anyway! Anyway, even though I feel certain I'm pregnant, I feel a little foolish to have posted in this DDC already.

Anyway, I'll update here when I get something more concrete than these shadow-y looking cheap HPT's.
#25 of 88 Old 12-27-2007, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xochimama View Post
So, how did the announcement go?
It was perfect. All of the kids were off playing with their new toys when he opened the card. He started tearing up before he even got to the good part. What a sweetie.

We are not telling anyone else for a while. There is something romantic about sharing such a special secret.

Thanks for asking.

Congrats to all of you. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Wife of 20 years to my superhero firefighting DH. SAHM to 2 boys and 2 girls (3 babies in Heaven- Baby # 5 5/2010 & Baby #6 8/2011 & Baby # 7 2/1013). Cancer Survivor 2011 ( Persistent Malignant Gestational Trophoblastic Disease)

#26 of 88 Old 12-27-2007, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
I'm really irritated. I got a blood test today and it was negative. She said it would be done today and then when she called to give me the result, said that it would be negative at less than 50MUI. So, I got stuck twice for nothing. The test that gives the exact number as low as 5MuI won't be done till Friday. I was going to test at home again Saturday morning anyway! Anyway, even though I feel certain I'm pregnant, I feel a little foolish to have posted in this DDC already.

Anyway, I'll update here when I get something more concrete than these shadow-y looking cheap HPT's.
I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you get a strong positive when you test again. Good luck mama.

Lots and Lots of baby dust being sent your way.

Keep us posted.

#27 of 88 Old 12-27-2007, 03:38 AM

Hi everyone! I'm going to go ahead and post here even though my last two pregnancies have ended in miscarriage. I got a BFP at 12 dpo and the another super-duper dark BFP today!! Due sept. 3rd. I am feeling very positive about this pregnancy, but also now sadly understand that it might be transitory. I think I will not relax until I see a heartbeat and start feeling some kicks. With my daughter I felt her around 20 weeks, so that's only 4 more months to go!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

~Sandra

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#28 of 88 Old 12-27-2007, 07:50 AM

Hi! I thought I was due in August, but I just recounted and it's more like early September.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#29 of 88 Old 12-27-2007, 09:56 AM

It's so exciting to see this group grow! Congrats and welcome to all the newbs!!!

Jör∂ - Here's hoping for a +! I posted right after seeing my HPT too… I don't think that's anything to feel silly about. Keep us posted!

shockels - I am trying to stay positive too. I have a bleeding disorder which makes miscarriages more likely. I've miscarried before, though let's just say in high school it's not much of a tragedy and file that under "young and stupid." My mom miscarried twice too. But hey, this is an important 'step one' I figure. You have to get pg before you can stay pg.

I wish I could have done something as cool as putting the HPT in DH's stocking! We were staying over at the ILs for xmas eve and xmas, and even though I was already late, I did not want to test at their place. I waited until the 26th, and knowing that first morning pee is the best, when I had to get up in the middle of the night (about 4am) I decided to do it then. I woke DH up waving the stick around like a madwoman! lol

We're not telling anyone for at least a few more weeks. So frustrating! No one knew we were TTC, so it'll be a big surprise.
#30 of 88 Old 12-27-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauletoy View Post
We are not telling anyone else for a while. There is something romantic about sharing such a special secret.
I think so too, DH has teared up several times since finding out. I'm just giddy and hyped up.

Jör∂, don't feel silly! Here's too your + any day.

I can't wait to get to know all of you, your family, and these babes .

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page