BTDT question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-13-2008, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My BB's grew suddenly overnight. The bra I bought 9 days ago (that fit when I bought it) is suddenly too tight everywhere. I where an odd size, so I have to buy bras whenever I find them, regardless of if I need them because I will eventually.

I want to buy a bigger bra, but I'll have to special order and I don't want to have to keep getting a bigger bra every two weeks.

Is there anyway to know how much bigger they're going to get?
Is one kind of bra better then another?
Should I go with a sports bra instead?
#2 of 7 Old 01-13-2008, 06:38 AM

I'm curious about this too.
#3 of 7 Old 01-13-2008, 09:41 AM

I don't think there is anyway to predict how big they are going to get...

What I would suggest (if this is a viable option for you) is to switch to wearing a soft cup bra, like a sports bra. Most have a wider variety of band sizing in one (so to speak) and the soft stretchy cups will grow with you a bit more than a conventional bra.

kati , wife to josh , mama to j&d (7.31.07) marion (9.18.08), feeder of nanuq and gracie lou
#4 of 7 Old 01-13-2008, 12:13 PM
SMR

The bravado nursing bras are pretty nice.. and soft cup, I bougth mind before dd was born, and still wear them. Target has some great nursing tanks too.. again, soft cup - I JUST got one a couple weeks ago and I'm not sure how I lived without it nursing for 2 years, but I LOVE it!! and it's only 17bucks!

BTW.. with my daughter I don't remember my breasts getting really huge.. I mean, they were bigger in early pregnancy, but not that noticable.. NOW though.. holy crap, I'm like popping out of my nursing bras - I haven't had boobs like this since my milk was first coming in! I'm 5 weeks pregnant today.. and still nursing!

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
#5 of 7 Old 01-13-2008, 12:42 PM

I went from an almost B to a double E (EE) with my ds - I also had oversupply issues - by the end of my pregnancy I was busting out of my C's and within a day of giving birth to my ds, I was in EE's - I nursed for 29 months so by the end of my pg I was basically in D nursing bras just because I was trying to save money and not purchase just regular bras - I was so hard on my bras I ended up buying cheap ones and just replacing them when I messed them up in the laundry - I think I got the soft cup/drop cup style made by motherhood - they were the easiest clasps for me and were about $10 per bra - I know bravado bras are super popular but I didn't like the tight sports bra like binding around my ribs under my boobs.

I also second the suggestion of getting shelf-bra tanks - by the time ds was about 4 months I had figured out that nursing shirts were really hard to get a good fit on me (I am tall) so I just wore a shelf bra tank under all my shirts - that way my belly was covered when I was nursing - you just pull up whatever shirt you are wearing and pull down the shelf bra tank to let your breast out for nursing - I was probably back down to C's by the time ds was about 18 months and then by the time he was 2 I was back down to a small C - almost a B - now I am back up to busting out of B's but my boobs are much saggier from workign so long and going through so many different sizes....good luck!

Christine, wife to my dh since 10/03, mama to my three monkeys ~:-) ds1/6/05, dd9/9/08 and ds 8/3/10

#6 of 7 Old 01-13-2008, 01:41 PM

Prepregnancies I wore a 28 B, then went up to a 32 EE and now at 6 or 7 weeks PG I'm at a 28 D. While nursing I stayed around a 32 EE. Haven't seen the sort of exponential growth I saw the first time round, but then again I never did get as small as I was prepregnancy (even though I've gotten close to my prepregnancy weight).

I prefer a full support cup, since I figure if they are gettin huge I might as well hoist them up for full glory. I like frilly stuff and even wore them while nursing...except for the first few months when there was so much fluctuation.

My favorite bras are the elle mcpherson line - maybe because they fit my tiny frame and overflowath cleavage. She even has a series of nursing bras:

Nursing Bra
#7 of 7 Old 01-13-2008, 02:59 PM

My boobs didn't grow at all when I was pregnant with DD and I am still upset about that. Maybe this time. I want big boobies!

Mother. Doula. Writer. Feminist. Activist. 
Mum to Moo Moo (4) blahblah.gifand EJ (2) bftoddler.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page