Trimester Swaps? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 12:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How long is it again...that you have to be a memeber... to participate? I would really like to be a part of this. I just registered Saturday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 12:29 AM

I'd love to do a bead swap!

If we want to do another swap before/after that, I can coordinate. But I'm pretty low on creative energy right now - so I'd need to see some interest in this first.
#33 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angey View Post
How long is it again...that you have to be a memeber... to participate? I would really like to be a part of this. I just registered Saturday.
I don't believe we will be judging on the length of membership. I think it's just whoever wants to join.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
#34 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Well, it will have to be hosted in the swap forum, which has requirements to view. I don't know exactly what those requirements are, but the DDC guidelines are very clear that any DDC swaps must be organized through the swap forum by a qualified organizer.

So, the next step would be to start a "September DDC Bead Swap" thread over there with dates and such. If no one beats me to it, I'll do it tomorrow. I'm BEAT today!

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
#35 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
MDC Swap Board Rules and Guidelines

Access to the board is restricted to members who have been registered for 6 months and have at least 150 posts.

Organizers must have participated in at least 4 swaps before taking on the coordinator position. This is to include at least one swap of the same type you are organizing (i.e. traditional, craft, reverse, etc...)

Organizers shall not be in charge of more than 1 swap at any given time.

Participants shall not be involved in more than 3 swaps at any given time.
it does sound like new people wouldn't be able to participate at all. Anyone here been involved in at least 4 swaps? I've never done any.
#36 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 09:23 AM

Yup, sounds like newbies won't be able to participate...or me..I've been on MDC for over 3years, but just don't post very often. Hoy vey Maybe I will work on getting some posts in before the end of March & then join
#37 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 11:06 AM

I just checked back in here. Yay! It sounds like there is some interest. As far as new members, is it allowed to "sponsor" them. If it's okay with MDC, I'd be willing to help out a couple people. So I would sign up for 3 necklaces and get 3 packages of beads from the organizer (Charmie---thanks!) and then send 2 of those packages out to new members who couldn't officially join. We could either do SASE again or send pp to cover the shipping. The shipping would be double for the new folks that way, but at least they could participate. I don't really see how MDC could care about that. I mean it would be the same if I knew someone IRL that wanted something from a swap or coop here & I bought it for them, right?
#38 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmoto2 View Post
Yup, sounds like newbies won't be able to participate...or me..I've been on MDC for over 3years, but just don't post very often. Hoy vey Maybe I will work on getting some posts in before the end of March & then join
Only 46 to go! Just go through all the old threads in the DDC and add your 2¢.

I love the sponsoring idea, and if anyone else is in Europe and needs sponsoring I will totally help out. Wouldn't make much sense if you're not on the same side of the ocean though!
#39 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sure I've done a TOTAL of 4 swaps in my lifetime at MDC, but I've only done two recently and I've never done a bead swap....

Is anyone qualified to organize according to the guidelines?

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
#40 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 02:43 PM

ok, i'm lost again. and i thought i was following well. hehe. where is this 'swap forum?' and you have to have 150 posts to even view it? guess i better get posting.

sorry about all lower case. typing one handed while dd nurses.

Me. Full-time intactlact.gif,homeschool.gif,waterbirth.jpgx2 Momma. Part-time Doula & WAHM. Married to my bff USMC CWO2. Momma to the big M energy.gif11/06 -- the lil' superhero.gif C 09/08 and belly.gifexpecting our 3rd & last 12/12.

#41 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 03:08 PM

The swap forum is here, but if you can't access it you probably get some cheery message instead.
#42 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmie981 View Post
I'm sure I've done a TOTAL of 4 swaps in my lifetime at MDC, but I've only done two recently and I've never done a bead swap....

Is anyone qualified to organize according to the guidelines?
I don't think you need to have participated in a bead swap, but a swap that was organized in a similar way. i.e. a swap where everyone sends enough of something to one person, who repackages and sends out.

So if you've been in a swap like that - you're still ok, Charmie. Otherwise, I'd be happy to organize.
#43 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 04:13 PM

How many posts do you have to have before you can join in the swap?

I can't see the forum, so I'm sure I have a ways to go, but I'd like to know if I'm going to have to type my fingers to the bone to get the requist posts in by March...

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#44 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 04:57 PM

I'm in! Though, I have to wonder about the postage, especially for those of us outside of the US -- how will we know how much it will weigh and therefore how much postage to put on the SASE?

Mother. Doula. Writer. Feminist. Activist. 
Mum to Moo Moo (4) blahblah.gifand EJ (2) bftoddler.gif

#45 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 05:37 PM

I like the bead swap idea.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#46 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triana1326 View Post
How many posts do you have to have before you can join in the swap?

I can't see the forum, so I'm sure I have a ways to go, but I'd like to know if I'm going to have to type my fingers to the bone to get the requist posts in by March...

I asked about this earlier.. no one seemed to know
I would like to find out as well! There was a post above about being registered for 6 months but I think that was just in order to be able to organize the event.. not sure if that applies to participating as well. Another post said 150 posts in order to take part.

I will try and search around the site.. see if I can find the answer for us somewhere.. meanwhile maybe someone will come along that can tell us for sure!

P.S. I just clicked on the link posted above for the swaps forum and I was able to view everything... not sure what this means as I've only been registered for 3 days and only have 22 posts under my belt?
#47 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 05:46 PM

Ok now I am REALLY confused because these are the guidelines posted in the swaping forum but obviously I am able to access that forum and I totally don't fit into those guidelines so.. whats up with that? lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
MDC Swap Board Rules and Guidelines

Access to the board is restricted to members who have been registered for 6 months and have at least 150 posts.

Organizers must have participated in at least 4 swaps before taking on the coordinator position. This is to include at least one swap of the same type you are organizing (i.e. traditional, craft, reverse, etc...)

Organizers shall not be in charge of more than 1 swap at any given time.

Participants shall not be involved in more than 3 swaps at any given time.

All participants must have some proof that a package has been sent. This can be DC, Insurance, Customs forms, PO receipt that can be scanned, etc...

If a member does not send out a swap package in the allotted time and is not actively working with the recipient to resolve the situation, the moderator of the forum is to be contacted and they will lose their TP access until the situation is resolved.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
#48 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 06:00 PM

See Alcyone's post above. MDC guidelines say you must be a member for a minimum of 6 months and have posted 150 times.
#49 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 06:09 PM

Sounds like fun! I'm in whenever the swap is up on the swap forum.
#50 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 08:54 PM

I would be in too!

AP crunchy homeschooling mama to Henning (1/4/03), Connor (7/1/05) and Elijah (9/21/08) Forever holding my 3 lost little ones in my heart.
#51 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 09:03 PM

Funfunky - you may be able to appeal to get in a birth bead swap - but I'm not sure.

Although I think if you become an MDC supporter, you can also get in.

kati , wife to josh , mama to j&d (7.31.07) marion (9.18.08), feeder of nanuq and gracie lou
#52 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 09:37 PM

This would be really fun. I made a birthing necklace with the last one as part of a blessingway. In native traditions the necklace was added to by each women and passed along to the next pregnant female of the tribe. It was supposed to be this accumulation of birth knowledge to give the woman during her labor.

As I've only been on here not quite a week I don't fit the specifications to be involved in the swap. I was looking into what it means to be an MDC supporter. Does that mean you've just bought something from the on-line store? And then even though you can view the forums, are you still allowed to participate?
#53 of 55 Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 PM

I think you can participate if you have under 150 posts or have been a member for under 6 months but you just can't organize.

We are a family of Jesus loving urban-nesters living the granola life in a not-so-crunchy city.  Our kids (DS 8, DS 7, DD 4) are home birthed and educated, and we just found out that a new Little will be added to our roost mid-April '14!

#54 of 55 Old 02-27-2008, 01:28 PM

Ok, so I just tried to post and no go. I have been a member for over 3 years, I think, but I don't have many posts. Guess I need to start getting busy. Here goes....

Kathryn, Wife to Andrew, Mama to Nadia (5) and Rhys (2)
#55 of 55 Old 02-27-2008, 04:32 PM

Hi, I have removed several posts from this thread and will PM those members shortly. If you have a question about MDC policy, guidelines or our user agreement. Please contact a forum moderator or administrator directly, or post your question or suggestions to our Questions & Suggestions forum.

Quote:
Do not post to debate or challenge the MDC User Agreement, the moderators, administrators, or their actions. Constructive criticism and questions for purposes of clarification are best addressed directly to the moderator or administrator by private message or personal e-mail. If this is not successful, see Recourse.
I am going to close this thread now. If members are interested in the bead swap and they meet the forum guidelines, they may use the link in this thread.

Jacque

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page