What if......(re: my HCG levels) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-30-2008, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The thought occurred to me last night....what if the nurse got the numbers wrong when she called with the HCG levels yesterday afternoon? What if, in her haste to make phone calls at the end of the day (it was after 3:30 pm), she read it as 3,365 and it was really 33,365????? Do you think its possible for an error like that to have been made? Perhaps her eyes missed one of the 3's?

Oh, how I hope that's what's happened. Am I grasping at straws in my hopes for this? I know that cashiers at stores read numbers wrong all the time, and either they catch it and correct themselves, or they don't and I have to look at what the cash register says to get the right amount.

I'm going to march myself over to her desk today when I go back for the labs (its in the same building) and ask for a copy of it, so I can see for myself.

UPDATE:
Well, I just called the nurse and found out the numbers. That's how impatient I'm being, I could not wait til late today!! It is indeed in the 3,000 range. But, I'm still hopeful since the spotting seems to have stopped completely (for now), my boobs still hurt and are bigger, I'm peeing alot, etc. Still no m/s though....I almost wish I'd barf so that it would be a sign of good things....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-30-2008, 11:19 AM
SMR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would absolutely want to see if for myself! And how angry I'd be if she gave me the wrong numbers!! All that stress and worrying! I hope that it was an error on the nurses part! Good luck today!

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page