Mothering Forum banner

Saying Good-bye...

575 views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  cristina47454 
#1 ·
I know I haven't been as active on this board as I was in the beginning, but I just wanted to let you know I'm out as our little bean did not make it.

I want to wish you ladies well as you begin the journey of expanding your families. The joy of pregnancy has unfortunately been a fleeting one for us as our little bean has not made it, but as my heart breaks I know that it will happen for us one day, just not in September as we had so hoped for. Now I wait for my body to let go of this baby, something it has not wanted to do and I realize I will have to force the issue of a D&C sooner rather than later as next week is a study break at school and I need to be able to move past this and look excitingly towards all the great opportunities that lay ahead as I graduate in April / May.

My hope is that this expecting group and MDC can be a great source of comfort and information for all of you as it has been for me over these last ten weeks and I hope you allow me the opportunity to peak in here and catch up when I can. Your yummy and delicious babies will give me hope as I struggle with questions about my ability to carry a baby to term.

The sadness I see in my husband's, mother's, father's, and siblings' eyes breaks my heart, but my support system is what has helped me these last few days as I slowly recognized that not all was well and I keep reminding myself that I am lucky on so many levels.

Thank you if you have read this far, this novel is more for me than anything else. It's part of my process and I leave you with this quote from Robert Munsch that has brought me so much comfort:

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be."

Peace.

See less See more
#2 ·
s Jaclyn. I'm so sorry your little one didn't make it. I highly recommend going to the Hope, Healing, and TTC group at the Pregnancy Loss area. They are AWESOME over there! I hung out there even when I wasn't ready to ttc, and they've been incredibly supportive of me since getting my BFP last month.

Take care,
Kimberly

#3 ·
I can feel your anguish, just by your words. I'm SO very sorry for your loss. It sounds like it was later in the first trimester than so many others that have lost theirs earlier on. That must be so hard for you. Your attitude, however, sounds amazing and I'm glad for you that you've got wonderful people IRL to lean on in these hard times. I may be facing a possible loss too (had an u/s last week and they couldn't even see evidence of a baby at all), so I kind of understand how you feel. May God bless you during this hard time, and good luck to your future endeavors with school and graduation. (((HUGS)))

#4 ·
I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of your self sweetie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.