Mothering Forum banner

Weight gain/weight loss so far

876 views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  alyssatuininga 
#1 ·
Anyone feel like reporting? I think in my last two pregnancies I had gained a couple of pounds early on. This time I'm starting below my last prepregnancy weights because I've been sick. I kind of feel like I need to get back up where I should have been, but the scale is stuck! (Too bad it was never like that before!!!)

I'm down about 6 pounds, but not happy about it. (If I wasn't pregnant, I'd be thrilled!)

BTW, I'm 9 weeks.

#2 ·
I'm UP FIVE flippin' pounds since my LMP 8w2d ago.
That's the really sucky part about not having any m/s at all. My appetite has been bigger, even though overall I've tried to eat really healthy.
: I'm sure it would have been less if I'd had the energy to exercise. But, I've either been too tired, or its been too cold to get out and do my normal 2 mile walk outside. The REALLY sucky thing will be if I find out I've gained all this weight if there ends up not being a baby inside me at all (will find out in 4.5 more days if this pregnancy is viable or not).

ETA:
With all my others, I never gained more than 28 pounds total by the end. Or was it 30? That was the ball park anyway. I'm about 20 pounds overweight as it is, so I really try to keep my weight within the normal ranges when I'm pg.

#8 ·
Can I change my answer? OK, I got on the scale right before my shower today. It said I've only gone up 4. But, that was AFTER I had a fruit smoothie and a piece of baked oatmeal for breakfast and water. So, I'm guessing 3 pounds gain is closer to accurate.
Last week at the doc's I'd only gone up 4 pounds, and that was WITH all my clothes on.

#10 ·
i don't think i've gained yet with this pregnancy but that's possibly a good sign since i gained 65 pounds with my first one! i've lost all tone though.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanti_Mom View Post
Can I change my answer? OK, I got on the scale right before my shower today. It said I've only gone up 4. But, that was AFTER I had a fruit smoothie and a piece of baked oatmeal for breakfast and water. So, I'm guessing 3 pounds gain is closer to accurate.
Last week at the doc's I'd only gone up 4 pounds, and that was WITH all my clothes on.
You're so funny. I do this too...take into consideration whether I'm weighing myself with an empty stomach or not. And I HATE that at the doctor's office they weigh you fully clothed. If I didn't stop to take my sinter coat and boots off, I doubt they would have cared. With my last pregnancy I used to wear the lightest clothes possible to my appts.

#13 ·
I guess I'm the porker in the group so far
I'm 11 weeks and I've gained 11 lbs
Like Shanti Mom I've had minimal nausea but my appetite is big. And I eat very very healthy and heavy protein (with exception to a few weak moments of eating what sounded good when I was nauseous which for me is whole wheat soft pretzels...I cannot eat many grains cause I gain weight quickly when I do). I ate just about the same way w/ DD and I lost 25 lbs of the 30 lbs I gained within 2 weeks of having her.

#15 ·
I am only up about 2-3 pounds at 9w2d but I have gained almost 7" in my waist.
(I have been measuring and I started at 35"- I am now at 42") Holy cow!

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by alyssatuininga View Post
I am only up about 2-3 pounds at 9w2d but I have gained almost 7" in my waist.
(I have been measuring and I started at 35"- I am now at 42") Holy cow!
Wow! So are you showing already? Can others tell you are pg yet? I'm 7wks 2 days but have only expanded an inch in my stomach area. Not sure if I have gained yet...maybe a pound or two.

I can't wait to start showing!

#19 ·
I'm the same weight as I was the day of our positive test.

I have been dealing with nasty m/s and not much has stayed down for 3 weeks. I'm now on meds and hopefully the scale will start to go up slowly. I cannot eat large meals and I'm not that interested in food but I force myself to eat for our bean.

My mom gained 2 pounds her entire pg with me as she was ill the whole 9 months. I'm crossing my fingers that this is not my case.

#21 ·
I gained 5 pounds before 6 weeks, then horrific nausea hit and I and lost 7 pounds in a week, and this week I had a break from the nausea and regained 4 of those pounds.

Overall, I'm only up 1.2 pounds since my IUI, which is really nothing for 8 weeks with triplets. I'm pretty overweight so I have no cute baby belly, but the shape of my body has definitely changed. My partner and I can tell I'm showing, but I doubt anyone else would notice...it really just looks like I'm getting fatter.

#22 ·
I have lost 6-7lbs in the past two weeks. (3 in the past few days.) I'm going to call my OB tomorrow about the morning sickness. I have tried everything I can think of on my own and I am just unable to keep anything down.

#23 ·
I am at 12 weeks and I have gained 20 pounds already!
:

But I have not really had a choice in the matter, the only way I can keep the nausea a little at bay is to eat at least once every 2 hours, and eat a TON! I am not looking forward to the end number, as I have always lost a ton of weight by this point in my other pregnancies. I gained 20 pounds over my entire pregnancy last time! So we will see how it goes now that the first trimester (and very hopefully the nausea) is coming to an end.

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.