So how many of us are sporting maternity wear? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 03-03-2008, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have some maternity pants that are pretty much normal pants with elastic waists, and those I've broken out. This time around I'm happy to have a lot more of the "middle stage" type clothes. My belly was still so big after giving birth to twins that I had to get some clothes to accomodate it. Bleh, even with clothes that work I hate this middle stage. Here's wishing us all cute little baby bumps soon! * Jaime
#32 of 40 Old 03-04-2008, 04:31 AM

I wore a maternity shirt my best friend gave me yesterday, because I didn't have any other clean laundry!

So in : with E and G...give the ultimate gift:
#33 of 40 Old 03-04-2008, 02:46 PM

i have one pair of jeans that still fits fairly comfortably around the belly, a few yoga pants, and a lot of empire waist style tops so i haven't dipped into my maternity shirts yet. i know from last time that i was SO tired of wearing maternity clothes but had to wear them even after i delivered, so i'm in no rush this time. after we tell everyone at 12 weeks (2 more weeks to go!), i have a couple small tops i'm going to start wearing, because they're not going to fit for very long. lately, to go out, since only family members know we're expecting, i wear sweatshirts b/c i think people are getting suspicious!

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#34 of 40 Old 03-04-2008, 06:34 PM

My stretch jeans don't fit most days, but my new maternity pants are too big. I've had to wear them a few times and I have to walk around clutching the waistband. I'm trying to stick to dresses until things even out a bit.
#35 of 40 Old 03-04-2008, 11:56 PM

Here's a good tip for you ladies, I got great deals today! I went to the JCPenney Outlet and found a bunch of maternity pants for $10.00 each! Oh and they carried s-4x.

Also Sears was clearancing out their s-3x sizes 30%-75% off. Burlington Coat Factory had some good options too size s-xl.

I'll be checking JCPenney Outlet regularly!!

I checked out their online page and I purchased this for only $19.99!

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
#36 of 40 Old 03-05-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foogoomomma View Post

wow! good deal! we don't have jcpenney here. bah.

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#37 of 40 Old 03-05-2008, 07:39 PM

It's my first baby and I still fit in everything. I look bloated, like I did right before my periods. I lost some weight from lots of morning sickness and my rear end shrunk so that's given me a little more room for the bloating Part of me is eager to "show" and get into maternity clothes... part of me loves my jeans.
#38 of 40 Old 03-05-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foogoomomma View Post
How'd you get it for $19.99? Mine says it's $79.99... which is A LOT more than you paid.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
#39 of 40 Old 03-06-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfunkyfantastic View Post
How'd you get it for $19.99? Mine says it's $79.99... which is A LOT more than you paid.
I didn't get it from the online store, just link'd it so you could see what I got. I purchased it at the local JcPenney outlet. sorry if that was confusing

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
#40 of 40 Old 03-06-2008, 03:07 AM

Oh ok. Well, I'm getting most of my maternity clothes at second hand stores for mothers in the area. I did find out that there's this great place, it's the neighborhood pregnancy resource center. And basically, they do classes and stuff for low income women... no specific income levels though. They meet once a month with their "pickles and ice cream" group where they talk about their pregnancies and stuff... and it was just cool to see a bunch of other pregnant women like myself. Two of them were actually less far along than me. One was 10 weeks, and the other was something less than 10 weeks... not sure how far, i didn't hear exactly. They also give out "baby bucks" every time you come to a meeting or class. They gave us each 15 baby bucks. I mostly just need clothes right now, so that's what I shopped for. I found two pairs of pants that ACTUALLY FIT WELL. It was amazing!! I've had so much trouble finding pants with my super long legs. Ok, they're not super long... just longer than average. I also found a couple tops I really liked. So, yay! I still have 11 baby bucks left, plus i'll get more next time I come. I can also stop by any time and see if they have anything new. They always get new stuff in. It's all stuff that was donated, and some of it is really nice! They had clothes that I swear looked brand new. Pretty awesome.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page