So how many of us are sporting maternity wear? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 03-01-2008, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I dragged mine out of the back of the closet today. I'm only 9.5 weeks! I just wanna cry. But I gained almost 20lbs right before getting pregnant (we moved) so nothing fits anyways. <sigh> It's too soon to feel fat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 40 Old 03-01-2008, 12:28 PM

Me. I can't fit my regular jeans anymore. I have those transition jeans, the ones without the panel but the adjusting elastic in the back. So they don't look like maternity pants just yet. I am wearing preggo shirts though, to hide my rolls.

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong
#3 of 40 Old 03-01-2008, 12:58 PM

I'm 13 weeks today. I've been wearing my yoga pants for the last few weeks because I was so bloated, I couldn't button my regular pants. Thank God the bloating is going away, so I can fit into my looser fitting regular pants. My jean cords can't be buttoned though so I guess it is a sign of what is to come.
#4 of 40 Old 03-01-2008, 02:11 PM

I'm 13.5 weeks and am almost ready to give it up. I've gained 2 pounds so far, but my pants are starting to get uncomfortable....I'm unbuttoning them and using a rubberband by the end of the day.

So yeah, the yoga pants are becoming work pants and I have a feeling over the next two weeks I'll just switch over

p.s.

I hate maternity clothes. I literally BURNED my last set after Leif was born, my loathing is so intense!
#5 of 40 Old 03-01-2008, 02:28 PM

Thats funny, I was just talking about this (what I have picked up thus far) in another thread. I haven't felt like I fit into my regular dress pants for work and my regular jeans since I hit about 8-9 weeks pregnant. I don't know if it's because this is my third or because I am so much heavier before getting pregnant this time around (or a mix of the two) but I had a lot of soreness one night that I'm chalking up to ligaments stretching and literally the next morning my belly had raised up like two inches and popped out on me. So I had one pair of these stretch (similar to yoga pants) dress, black work pants I bought at Layne Bryant back before Christmas and I think they will work with me through the whole pregnancy so I went online and found out they were on sale now... so I picked up three more pair LOL Then I wsnt to Motherhood maternity and picked up another pair of black dress pants (so that covers work for the week although I am wearing the same black dress pants every day, every week lol) and I also picked up two pair of maternity jeans. I have bought two shirts that are specifically maternity but one is really in my mind intended for when you actually HAVE a baby belly and not just a fat belly preparing for a baby HAHA So I don't wear that one yet... the other one is more normal looking so I've been wearing that. Really I've been trying to just find nice plus size tops for work n such that don't look too maternity but will work for the purpose. I don't like the cutsie, frilly, maternity clothes so I don't like a lot of the tops at the maternity stores. So Yeah I'm dabbling in maternity wear already at round about 11 weeks
#6 of 40 Old 03-01-2008, 03:20 PM

I just went to buy a couple things at Motherhood at the beginning of the week. Mainly jeans because I was getting tired of wearing sweats. I like dressing up on my dh's day's off and just can't anymore with my regular bottoms, they are binding on my belly, and I can't stand feeling that. I still wear my regular tops since most arecotton stretchy ones so they go over my little bump just fine.
#7 of 40 Old 03-01-2008, 03:40 PM

jeans are ok while up and about but a bit tight when I sit down, trying to wear a skirt now

I did buy them before my first child, so they weren't meant for the pre-prego weight this time either LOL
#8 of 40 Old 03-01-2008, 05:01 PM

I've been in full maternity since 8 weeks

Tina - mama to DD1 10.75yrs, DD2 6yrs, DD3 2.5 yrs & baby due in June 2015 and wifey to DH.
#9 of 40 Old 03-01-2008, 05:01 PM

I was in mat jeans at 6 weeks! I never thought it would be that early. Most of it is from bloating I'm sure but I'm comfortable.
#10 of 40 Old 03-01-2008, 07:10 PM

I'm wearing my regular clothes with the tummy sleeve over my pants. So far it's working pretty good, but I do have one pair of stretchy pants that is super comfy too. My MIL gave me some of her shirts that are bigger and longer and those have helped too.

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
#11 of 40 Old 03-01-2008, 08:37 PM

I thought I'd be in maternity by now, but it turns out I was just bloated. My jeans are all low-cut and stretch anyway so I'm hoping it will be another couple of weeks. I'm 11 weeks today. Hopefully I can get away with buying those stretchy tunics at forever21 like I did last time, and then I can keep wearing them post partum. I kept the pants from last time and I only weigh like 4 lbs more now, so they should work again. :

I don't want to have to buy cold and warm weather maternity clothes!

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#12 of 40 Old 03-01-2008, 08:39 PM

My jeans are too tight around the thigh and crotch...very uncomfortable when sitting. I'm a total skinny minny, though, so really no one can tell I'm pregnant at all.

I'm ten weeks, and dh says I am eating like a horse.

I am wearing my one and only pair of maternity pants, though, today, in fact. I love the elastic waist band. I can't believe I went through one and three quarter pregnancies before I finally caved in and forked out $70 for maternity pants.

They are so comfy. A bit baggy and sloppy right now, but thankfully, not squeezing me.

Kate: fumbling through the best years with W, L, F & V...newest arrival coming Jan '11
#13 of 40 Old 03-01-2008, 09:19 PM

Been struggling with pants since 9 weeks. Got maternity pants at 10 weeks. And of course I couldn't wear my regular shirts... my belly fat just pops right out from under those! So i've been in maternity shirts as well. Unfortunately... I don't have many. I've been buying them second hand when i can.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
#14 of 40 Old 03-02-2008, 12:36 AM

I'm wearing them- have been for about a month. (I'm almost 14 weeks.)
I didn't see the point in stuffing myself into my clothes when maternity clothes are so much more comfy. Plus my boobs are already more than a cup size bigger and my regular shirts were busting open.

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
#15 of 40 Old 03-02-2008, 12:38 AM

I am in full blown maternity now. I am almost 14 weeks with #4 and already look like I did at 6months with #1

Wife of 20 years to my superhero firefighting DH. SAHM to 2 boys and 2 girls (3 babies in Heaven- Baby # 5 5/2010 & Baby #6 8/2011 & Baby # 7 2/1013). Cancer Survivor 2011 ( Persistent Malignant Gestational Trophoblastic Disease)

#16 of 40 Old 03-02-2008, 02:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
ME!

I'm feeling much better knowing I'm not the only one. I'm only at 11 weeks (nearly 12) and have the "baby bump" that I remember having at 4-5 months last time around.

Mama to Munchkin  and Chickadee ...and co-parent to 3 additional bundles of energy!
#17 of 40 Old 03-02-2008, 02:18 AM

I'm about to take the plunge this coming week. I still have a few pre-preg things that work, but it's getting kind of sketchy.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with expanding thighs, too!

And can someone explain to me how to wear my pants undone with a belly sleeve? I tried it today and the unbuttoned pants are all bumpy and weird looking under the sleeve. It would have to be made of titanium to hide that!

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#18 of 40 Old 03-02-2008, 03:28 AM

I keep a hairband looped through the opening onto the button. It's super loose and soft. It keeps the pants flat against my tummy and then I wear the sleeve over it. I've seen other people fold the flaps inward, but I don't like doing that.

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
#19 of 40 Old 03-02-2008, 03:29 AM

Nice to see other mamas in maternity stuff. I've been wearing maternity lounge pants at home since before I was prego (they're just so comfy!). Out, though, I'm still wearing my jeans...but not the ones I loved up until last week...now I'm onto the ones that were a little big...and the other ones that are a size bigger that I got thinking they'll fit soon (thankfully, they're still a little big...but only a little!). I'm 10wks tmw and my sister said yesterday that I look pregnant. So early? Ugh. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being pregnant. But the inbetween uncomfortableness in clothes is difficult. I'm going to buy some maternity shirts right now Thanks, mamas!
#20 of 40 Old 03-02-2008, 03:38 AM

I'm 11 weeks and I'm still able to wear my regular jeans altho they are starting to cut in especially when I sit down. I've got a pair of jeans that are loser and once they are stretched out some, they are comfortable enough to wear even when sitting down. I know it won't be long though before I can no longer wear any of my jeans!
#21 of 40 Old 03-02-2008, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

So glad I'm not the only one. Last time I had similar issues, found myself in maternity pants REALLY fast for much the same reason. Lots of pre-pregnancy weight gain + hating things on my tummy= early maternity pants. I just wanna be comfy.
#22 of 40 Old 03-02-2008, 11:08 PM

I'm wearing a couple maternity tops that are like big t-shirts... just because it's more comfortable than having something tight on my tummy right now. No maternity pants, just loose fitting jeans n'stuff.
#23 of 40 Old 03-02-2008, 11:09 PM

Whoops, double post!
#24 of 40 Old 03-02-2008, 11:20 PM

I am sporting the BellaBand over my jeans, and I wear maternity pants when I work (p/t in the evenings - the evening bloat almost requires the mat. pants)
I wear yoga pants most days
I am still wearing most of my reg. shirts, though, just the smalls, not extra smalls.
#25 of 40 Old 03-03-2008, 10:33 AM
LCB

All my normal shirts fit fine but I've been in mat jeans since week 6 or 7. I can't figure it out though, I've lost 12 pounds but my stomach pretty much got huge immediately, and this is my first! Like one of the previous posters said, there are nights when I feel things stretching and then I wake up in the morning and BOOM, visibly bigger. It's amazing. I can't WAIT for spring so I can wear cute mat dresses and just have nothing at all around my stomach, it's going to feel soooooo good.

Me, a husband, a social butterfly 2008, and a cheeky monkey 2011

#26 of 40 Old 03-03-2008, 02:54 PM

Not in maternity clothes yet but some of my jeans are getting uncomfortable and I just prefer to wear looser clothing right now. Might have DH get the box of maternity clothes down from the loft tonight though, I can't even remember what all I've got in there! Of course, I'll be huge in a completely opposite season this time so will have to buy new stuff anyway but some of the stuff might do for now.

Mother. Doula. Writer. Feminist. Activist. 
Mum to Moo Moo (4) blahblah.gifand EJ (2) bftoddler.gif

#27 of 40 Old 03-03-2008, 02:56 PM

Dp has a nice maternity shirt she wears to church. My mom also bought her some shorts for summer and a top. Just yesterday she told me to favorite scrub bottoms dont fit so I am sure she will be needing more outfits pretty soon!! Its so cute to see her lil tummy starting to bulge!!!

: DD 8/29/08 and twin boys 11/3/09
#28 of 40 Old 03-03-2008, 03:17 PM

I have a pair of x-small maternity jeans I wear, and some 1st trimester cargos I wear. Other than that, my regular jeans still fit with the bella band or an elastic, but aren't as comfortable. If I'm just at home, I wear sweats or yoga pants.

I've worn a couple of extra-small maternity shirts that wouldn't fit later on. Most of my regular shirts still fit though. At this point the mat. clothes is more for comfort then because I need them.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#29 of 40 Old 03-03-2008, 04:00 PM

My jeans haven't fit in weeks, and my work pants are getting a bit uncomfortable when I sit down (they had more room to start with anyways). I went out a few weeks back and got some elastic top work pants that should fit throughout the pregnancy, if I don't burn them first. I hate the fabric, but they were the only ones at Lane Bryant in my size...I've got some yoga pants, but with the business casual dress code at work, I can't wear them. Hopefully, I can find some nice yoga pants that look like work pants.
I found some nice tops with the empire waist maternity look at Lane Bryant - and they're not maternity tops. Plus, the front has buttons to the empire waistline, so I can nurse or pump without having to haul the girls up and over a collar!

I wish they made nice maternity clothes for us plus size mamas...most of what I've seen I wouldn't be caught dead in...

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#30 of 40 Old 03-03-2008, 04:34 PM

I have been in maternity clothes since about 5-6 weeks. I am 13 weeks now and I have a pretty big belly right now (like I was at 6 months with my first). This is my 4th pregnancy so I think it is pretty common.

AP crunchy homeschooling mama to Henning (1/4/03), Connor (7/1/05) and Elijah (9/21/08) Forever holding my 3 lost little ones in my heart.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page