Home with small children - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 03-04-2008, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who else is home with small children during this pg? I am really having a hard time eating right. If I want to snack I have to hide out in the kitchen or else I'm bombarded & end up having to make a buffet of snacks for everyone (even if they just finished eating). Breakfast & lunch I already feel like a short-order cook (more water! more applesauce! spoon please! etc etc) and rarely get to sit to eat. Not to mention the quality of my meals. I just had a cream cheese & jelly sandwich for lunch. Then of course there are the constant knees & elbows being embedded into my gut, the sleep interruptions, and the near-constant exhaustion. And a few weeks back when I had my head in the potty and one of my boys was climbing my back asking for a horsie ride. Ugh. I love my kids, but this is tough. Anyone with me?
#2 of 12 Old 03-04-2008, 02:51 PM

i'm with you! i do munch too much (but hubby does groceries and doesn't buy a lot of bad stuff) and sometimes i forget to eat lunch b/c sometimes i feed the little guy things i don't like (Dora zoodles.) he's fairly well-behaved but i lose my temper with him so easily. i wish i didn't get so stressed out so easily.

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#3 of 12 Old 03-04-2008, 05:02 PM

I hope you don't mind my posting. I work during the week, but I hear you nonetheless -- weekends home with all my boys are a real challenge, and I have my husband to help out then!

Everytime I find something I'm willing to eat, my three year old finds me and insists on having some. Often we don't have much of whatever it is, and often it's not that good for you (I only seem to like simple carbs at the moment). He's started getting suspicious if he sees me heading to the kitchen. "What are you eating?"

Pregnancy is definitely much harder with small children.

* Jaime
#4 of 12 Old 03-04-2008, 06:47 PM

Oh, yes, this is my life, too. My boys are constantly mooching anything I grab to eat. And I can hardly get anything done inbetween cleaning up messes. And I wonder, how am I possibly going to cope with one more??

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#5 of 12 Old 03-04-2008, 09:26 PM

Yes I'm also constantly in the kitchen. I even bought a little sign in the shape of a chicken that says, 'kitchen's closed, this chicks had it!' Cause my kids even want to eat something after dinner, they still say they are hungry. I have to admit I feel for them and let them eat some cereal or something because now that I'm pregnant I always need to have a "midnight" snack.
#6 of 12 Old 03-04-2008, 11:17 PM

DS used to not eat very much and now EVERY single thing I try to eat, he insists on eating too...and he eats a LOT of it! I don't want to discourage his eating b/c it's so good for him, but I'm definitely eating less. Even if I make double! He is so silly. And I just want to lie down
#7 of 12 Old 03-05-2008, 12:30 AM

My kids are running me ragged! I have the same issues with meals. My kids are constantly hungry so I'm always fixing them something. Meanwhile, I'm still having morning sickness so most of the time I don't feel like being in the kitchen at all.

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)
#8 of 12 Old 03-05-2008, 01:54 AM

Okay, you've all convinced me to have only one child.

Vegan mama to DD (9/08), DS (9/11), and many rescued furbabies. 

#9 of 12 Old 03-05-2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelife View Post
And a few weeks back when I had my head in the potty and one of my boys was climbing my back asking for a horsie ride. Ugh.
This cracked me up. It just sounds so classic of what you deal with in that situation.

I am home with a 20 month old and he is SO demanding. I am so glad I am into the second trimester finally and I am less tired. It is hard to cater to his needs and make sure I am doing what I need to do in order to feel healthy and calm.

Living the Joyful life as a mama of three beautiful children who are just right the way they are.

I blog at www.saboss.blogspot.com chicken3.gif

#10 of 12 Old 03-05-2008, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one! What is it with these kids always trying to steal our food?? Yesterday I told my toddler he couldn't have any apple because it was the last one and Mommy was really hungry. What kind of monster have I become?
#11 of 12 Old 03-05-2008, 10:16 AM

My older two are 11 and 8 and are in school during the day - but I am home with my wild and crazy 3 year old all day.
#12 of 12 Old 03-05-2008, 01:40 PM

I am so with you. My 2 year old is going through something right now (molars, growth spurt, not sure exactly what), and he is trying my patience to no end. Right now we've had about a week and a half of non-stop whininess. He is also a food stealer. He ate half my breakfast this morning! I feel so bad about losing my patience with him when I peek in on him sleeping. he looks like an angel and it makes me forget how annoyed I was with him a few hours ago.

Oh, I get the knees and elbows to the belly about 30 times a day. I swear this kid is going to come out with a concussion!

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page