Mothering Forum banner

Almost 14 weeks and feel huge!!!!

624 views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  winginit 
#1 ·
Ladies,

I'm already getting that heavy stretching feeling in my belly. Especially at night I feel like my belly button is stretched sideways and the middle wants to start sticking out.

I feel I look like I'm about 5-6 months pregnant. And I'm not even 3 1/2 yet. I feel embarrased to say I'm only 3 mos sometimes because me tummy looks def. round, and full maybe like half a basketball or at least a 1/3 of it.

This is my third so I did start showing sooner. But I am so afraid what Im going to look and especially feel like when I'm really farther along. Does anybody else feel like me? Please tell me I'm not the only one with a huge belly already. I have pics but not sure how to post them.

#2 ·
I know what you mean. I am 12 wks into my 4th pg, (last pg was a mc at 10 1/2 wks) I feel like my tummy is just popping out. Even though I have some padding it looks very round and my pants are not fitting anymore. I bought a maternity band to wear over my regular pants until I get enough maternity clothes. I don't have any mat. clothes from my prev. pgs, thought I was done.
I am really wondering what I will look like in another month, let alone at the end. Yikes!

#4 ·
Me too. I am I think 15 weeks, and I have looked like I was 5 months PG for at least 6 weeks!

I think that once we have had several babies (this is my fourth) our bodies just immediately go into I am PG and know how everything needs to start moving inside our bodies.

#6 ·
Hey, to post an image, just use an image hosting website (flickr, smugmug, dropshots, etc.) and upload images to that site. Then copy the image address by right clicking on the picture with your mouse and clicking the "copy image address" option. Then simply paste the link into your post here on the website!

Me, i'm feeling a bit fat right now... but i'm not as far along as you guys are.

#7 ·
I wouldn't worry too much, about having a big belly already. It seems like some mamas start showing much earlier then others, but it slows down later on and evens out by the end.
That's what I've seen in my friends that showed early one at least. Unless there is more then one baby in there, the baby will only grow so much, along with the other things that grow like the placenta, etc. I'm starting to grow a lot more too now, but welcome it because that way I look pregnant instead of like I've been eating too many goodies.

#8 ·
Yup, I could've written your post. My belly is HUGE! Seriously! I feel embarrased when I tell people I'm only 15 weeks...well it was even earlier than that when they used to ask but I quickly say...it's my 2nd and I have some fluff in the front so it looks bigger than it actually is
I'm outgrowing my small maternity shorts and shirts already too!

The other day a friends DH, with whom we're going camping with in a couple weeks, said "geez, I hope you don't go into labor while we're camping ha ha"
:

#10 ·
I'm nearly 13 weeks with #2 and am already outgrowing a few of my maternity tops. A few weeks ago my stomach muscles just decided that they already knew what to do and let it all hang out. It def looks like a preg belly especially in the morning. I agree with pp, it will all even out in the end.

#11 ·
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one! This is number 3 and I could have easily hid my first until 6 months. I thought maybe it was just stuff moving around, but I went to the midwife yesterday and I gained 9 pounds in the first 13 weeks! Admittedly, I've been eating non-stop to keep the nausea away, but I'm only 5' and usually weigh around 110 pounds! Since I had two miscarriages before this pregnancy the weight was already up a bit, but now...I do not fit into anything but my yoga pants. And the midwife asked me yesterday if they were comfortable!! Agggh. I hope it does slow down!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.