protein shakes? supplements? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2008, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw the mw today and the good news is that my baby is doing well- nice strong heartbeat. But the mw is concerned about my weight loss. And I am too. Anyway she recommended carnation instant breakfast in addition to my meals. We are Nestle boycotters, so that is out. Does anyone know another brand I can use? Whole Foods has like a million types of supplements and I'm overwhelmed. Anyone have a brand they like or recommend? Thanks!!

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 02:31 PM

My personal trainer (back before I was pg) recommended Labrada Lean Body for Her and I'm still drinking them now - as I can't stomach the thought of an actual breakfast yet.

If I don't start gaining, and my ob gets concerned, I'll switch to the regular - not the lean - for the extra calories.

I like it because it seems a bit better nutritionally than those instant breakfast shakes.

kati , wife to josh , mama to j&d (7.31.07) marion (9.18.08), feeder of nanuq and gracie lou
Old 03-12-2008, 04:44 PM

If it's protein and extra nutrients you are after, I am a fan of Rainbow Light powders... and their supplements. I take the B-Complex every day. They are food based (veggies and fruits) and contain a lot of spirulina so you have to get used that green taste, but thrown in a blender with frozen berries and rice milk (or any kind of milk, probably), it's a great way to start the day.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
Old 03-12-2008, 07:54 PM

I use the Rice Protein powder by Nutribiotic. I am not a smoothie fan so I put it either in the blender with a bananna or in a mason jar with rice milk and shake. I too am trying to get extra calories.
Good luck!
Old 03-12-2008, 09:35 PM

I like peaceful planet Supreme Meal--it doesn't have sugar but has lots of protein and vitamins. tastes pretty good too.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:11 AM

I use a whey protein powder that I mix into shakes. It's not the tastiest stuff but it does the trick!

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)

User Tag List