Blood around the amniotic sac.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-12-2008, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got back from my first u/s and they told me that there was bleeding around the amniotic sac. Anybody else have this? They said that it happens a lot and usually isn't anything to worry about. She tells me it's a really tiny area....then actually reads what the tech put down and freezes. She then kind of back pedals, gets flustered and repeats that it's a really tiny area. Really.
I haven't had any bleeding or cramping so that seemed to reassure her that there wasn't a prob. But I'm like the biggest worry wort in the world so now I'm worried. But is there anything you can DO to minimize the bleeding?
#2 of 7 Old 03-12-2008, 03:42 PM

Praying everything is ok. Did your dr. tell you anything mroe than that about it???
#3 of 7 Old 03-12-2008, 03:43 PM

I did a google search and found this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8120459AAI5hDc

Hope that helps!
#4 of 7 Old 03-12-2008, 09:53 PM

If this is the same thing as a subchorionic hemorrhage, there is very little reason to worry. I had one at 7ish weeks, with bleeding and cramping. I freaked out. I did a ton of research and asked a few people (including my midwife) and found that if small, it's totally no big deal. Large ones can be a bit trickier, I think...but my midwife said that she never had a mom lose a baby from a subchorionic hemorrhage. I have another friend who had one at 9 weeks, and everything was fine within a week after that.

Sending hugs your way! I know how stressful it is.

Vegan mama to DD (9/08), DS (9/11), and many rescued furbabies. 

#5 of 7 Old 03-14-2008, 10:34 PM

I had an ultra sound today and the tech found the exact same thing. She also told me it's common and it happens A LOT. So I was trying to find some info on the net, I'm not finding a lot. I wish I had some answers to help you. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I know exactly what your going through. I'm 9 weeks and have no bleeding or cramping. I have to go for an u/s in 4 weeks to see if the bleeding has stopped. The only thing she said was pelvic rest (no sex or anything like that) I don't know what else I'll do for 4 weeks but worry!
#6 of 7 Old 03-14-2008, 11:15 PM

If this is a subchrionic hemorrage then yeah I had one at 12 weeks with my dd. Hubby and I had just got done being intimate and I went to the bathroom and tons of bright red blood on the tp. I think I even passed a clot. It was scary. No cramping whatsoever. But that first gush was all I had and it cleared up within hours. Went to the dr for a u/s and saw the s/h. She said my uterus looked funky (my words, can't remember what she said) but it looked wrinkly, not normal in the one corner. That was all I ever had of that. My cervix was closed. Never had any other problems. My daughter was born 6 days before her due date, healthy, beautiful and still is today.

Courage dear mama. I'm praying for you.

Kathryn, Wife to Andrew, Mama to Nadia (5) and Rhys (2)
#7 of 7 Old 03-15-2008, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, it probably isn't a big deal but I had a threatened miscarriage w/ #1 before I was able to see a doctor and that really freaked me out since I didn't know what was going on. There was just really bad pain and lots of blood for about an hour then it cleared up. So far no blood for this one. I just wonder why they bother saying something if it's really common and hardly ever a big deal.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page