younger mamas/to be? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2008, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just wondering if theres any other younger ladies due in sept? i'm 21 and pregnant with our 2nd. i know most people on here are older than me and i was hoping to connect with a few ladies my own age.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 06:11 PM

I'm 25 and pregnant with our 3rd. I was 21 when I got pregnant with our first. Don't know if I count as younger.... lol!

We are a family of Jesus loving urban-nesters living the granola life in a not-so-crunchy city.  Our kids (DS 8, DS 7, DD 4) are home birthed and educated, and we just found out that a new Little will be added to our roost mid-April '14!

Old 03-12-2008, 08:34 PM
LCB

I'm 24 and pregnant with #1. I always said I wanted to have my first baby when I was 25, and this one is due a month before my 25th birthday, so I almost made it, lol!

Me, a husband, a social butterfly 2008, and a cheeky monkey 2011

Old 03-12-2008, 08:50 PM

I'm 21, and on my 3rd pregnancy. (first DD was stillborn 2 days after my 20th b-day, plus one m/c last July)

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
Old 03-12-2008, 09:10 PM

I'm 23 and will be 24 by September. Does that count?

A lot of my friends reacted like it was crazy that I was pregnant. Uh, we're not in high school anymore. I think this is a great age to have a baby!

Mommy to my sweet Iris, 9.13.08
Old 03-12-2008, 10:11 PM

I'm 22 and pregnant with our first child. I actually just found out that my cousin got his 17 yo g/f pregnant. He's 21 btw. She's really nice though, and I will have her staying with me for my 6th/7th month of pregnancy. She's due in November. So now she's asking me what she'll be going through during the first tri and i've been filling her in.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
Old 03-13-2008, 01:24 AM

I will be 25 when my 2nd is born, does that count? Sometimes I feel way older though, like when my dude wants to stay up all night playing We got married when I had barely turned 20 and people were pretty reluctant to congratulate...it was always, "If I had married the person i was with when I was 20, blah blah" Ah well, I am happy with how my life is coming along and am glad that I won't be too creaky when my first few graduate high school!
Old 03-13-2008, 03:18 AM

I'm 24 but I don't feel young. I was 21 when my first was born.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenarthra View Post
We got married when I had barely turned 20 and people were pretty reluctant to congratulate...it was always, "If I had married the person i was with when I was 20, blah blah"
Yeah, same here... cept I was 20 3/4 when we got married (got married dec 12th, 2006... b-day was feb 7th), 21 when we had a ceremony with family and friends. A bunch of people were saying "you should wait till you're 30 to know who you are, then you can get married" I was like "f*** that! I love him, we're getting married now! I've waited 2 years to marry this guy... i'm tired of waiting!" lol.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:38 AM

I got married at 19, had Samuel at 21 and Atley at 23. But now I'm a ripe old 28, so I guess I don't qualify anymore.

My high school friends are TTC their first and I'm pg with my third...after two years of TTC. I'm excited that now maybe they'll finally "get" what I've been doing for the past 10 years, ya know?!?

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
Old 03-13-2008, 10:15 AM
LCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris427 View Post
I'm 23 and will be 24 by September. Does that count?

A lot of my friends reacted like it was crazy that I was pregnant. Uh, we're not in high school anymore. I think this is a great age to have a baby!
I'm with you on that one, Iris. Right now, I get the impression from many people that they think you're "supposed" to go have a career for a couple years first, and then have babies when you're older. That's a great plan for someone who WANTS to do it that way, but what's wrong with having them young, when you have all the energy....not to mention that the kids will be out of the house when you're still young enough to accomplish a few more things on your own. I'm not bashing anyone else's choices, I just think that there are good things about having kids young. I'm very excited to be pregnant at my age.

Me, a husband, a social butterfly 2008, and a cheeky monkey 2011

Old 03-13-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB View Post
I'm 24 and pregnant with #1. I always said I wanted to have my first baby when I was 25, and this one is due a month before my 25th birthday, so I almost made it, lol!

LOL, I always said I wanted a kid by my 29th birthday, and I'm due a week and a half after my 29th birthday!!

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

Old 03-13-2008, 02:49 PM

I'm 28 years old now and having my fifth, so I'm not the 'young' mama I was when I had my first a week after turning 21, and 3 kids by the time I was 23!
Old 03-13-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenarthra View Post
I will be 25 when my 2nd is born, does that count? Sometimes I feel way older though, like when my dude wants to stay up all night playing We got married when I had barely turned 20 and people were pretty reluctant to congratulate...it was always, "If I had married the person i was with when I was 20, blah blah" Ah well, I am happy with how my life is coming along and am glad that I won't be too creaky when my first few graduate high school!
DH and I got married 2 weeks after I turned 19 (he was 21). We've been together over 2 years now, and been through a lot together, including 2 losses and a 15 month deployment. Being young doesn't doom a relationship.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
Old 03-13-2008, 03:42 PM

Goin through a deployment right now myself. Hubby just left. He's gone for 7 months and won't be back in time for the birth.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfunkyfantastic View Post
Goin through a deployment right now myself. Hubby just left. He's gone for 7 months and won't be back in time for the birth.
mama, DH travels a lot for work and I am so afraid of him not being here when the baby is born.

I am 25 and pregnant with our 3rd. We had DS when I was 19, DD shortly after I turned 23 and this baby will be born right after I turn 26. I have never really felt like a young mama or really thought of myself as one though. I guess it's because I always planned to have kids early and have always been the "mommy type".
Old 03-13-2008, 10:42 PM

I am 25 and pg with my 3rd. I was 20 when my first was conceived.

I dont feel like a young mama until I go out to a group/library/playschool/park/swimming pool and always realize that Im the youngest mom there.
I have a few friends my age with kids, but they were all unplanned.

Everyone thinks were crazy for not doing the 'career' thing first. bah to them.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:48 PM

I'm 25 now, but was 18 when ds was born. He however wasn't planned, but I wouldn't change a thing about it. This one was planned, ds is soo excited about being a big brother. I can't wait to see how they will interact. I still feel like I'm a "young" mother. I like the idea that I'll be 36 when ds graduates from high school. I also like the idea that we probably won't have to figure out a way to pay for 2 kids to go to college at the same time.

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

Old 03-14-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmie981 View Post
I got married at 19, had Samuel at 21 and Atley at 23. But now I'm a ripe old 28, so I guess I don't qualify anymore.

My high school friends are TTC their first and I'm pg with my third...after two years of TTC. I'm excited that now maybe they'll finally "get" what I've been doing for the past 10 years, ya know?!?
Same here! I just turned 28 but I'm expecting our #5 & #6 kids. I was 22 when I had my first. My friends from high school are just starting to settle down, get married, and have kids. It's going to be interesting to go to my 10-year reunion this year and see how everyone has changed.

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)
Old 03-14-2008, 03:20 PM

Well, I'm not a young mom. I had my first at 29. But, my parents were 19 when I was born, and both sets of my grandparents were young when they started their families. I loved having younger parents. Plus, I knew all my grandparents into my adulthood, and even one set of great-grandparents. Dh's parents seem so OLD in comparison to mine, and he only knew one grandparent on each side. Plus, my kids will have a lot of time with their grandparents, since my parents are still so young. So, there are lots of advantages to having kids young.

Sometimes I feel like I waited a little too long, but it has worked out well for us this way. There are benefits both ways, I think.

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
Old 03-14-2008, 07:02 PM

I don't know how young you mean, but I am 24 and pregnant with our 3rd. I had our second at 23 and our first at 21. I may even be expecting twins this time. I have my first u/s this coming Wed. I can't wait!

I am thrilled to be a mother at this age. I think it just makes sense, for us
Old 03-15-2008, 02:14 PM

Ok...I'm nowhere near young...i think I even read that I'm a "mature" mother. That made me laugh because I feel so young! I'm 34, and expecting my 3rd...10 years after the first. I never imagined having a baby at this age, yet when I had my first I was in graduate school, at 24, and everyone said we were so young and what the heck were we doing(we married when I was 19)! So now they've had their kids, are done, and I'm having #3! I'll be well into my 50s when these guys move out! It was so awesome to have kids when I had that much energy, and pregnancy was SO much easier!
Old 03-15-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleheather79 View Post
Same here! I just turned 28 but I'm expecting our #5 & #6 kids. I was 22 when I had my first. My friends from high school are just starting to settle down, get married, and have kids. It's going to be interesting to go to my 10-year reunion this year and see how everyone has changed.
Really? I'm 21 and half my graduating class has kids! I guess cause it's the "trendy" thing to do now? Or maybe just because I'm from one of "those" towns, where only the really smart kids go to college (our valedictorian went to junior college) and all there is for everyone else to do is either start a family or work the drive thru.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontierpsych View Post
Really? I'm 21 and half my graduating class has kids! I guess cause it's the "trendy" thing to do now? Or maybe just because I'm from one of "those" towns, where only the really smart kids go to college (our valedictorian went to junior college) and all there is for everyone else to do is either start a family or work the drive thru.
I'm from a big city so that may be it... Most of my friends went to college, then grad school and are just now starting families. Actually, more than half of my old friends don't even have a child yet. I'm definitely the odd man out.

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)
Old 03-17-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmie981 View Post

Wow Charmie! I think I am following in your footsteps married at 19, had my first at 21 and I am going to have my second at 23.

User Tag List