can't catch a break- vent - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2008, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ugh!! I have had 2 colds with this last one being almost flu like. I'm losing weight and have to start protein shakes. And now I have a double ear infection!! Ugh!! The doctor wrote me 2 scripts, I'll start them tonight. It just really sucks because I finally started losing the morning sickness. I had 1 day where I felt awesome and bam! This crap started. I just want to feel good so I can enjoy this pregnancy!!

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2008, 03:01 PM

I hear you! Everyone in our house has been sick off an on for the past month, so I can't tell if I'm still tired due to pregnancy, tired due to illness, or tired due to babies keeping me up all night! Bleh! I hope you feel better quickly. * Jaime
Old 03-13-2008, 04:55 PM

Oh my goodness mama, I hope it all clears up for you soon, we had about 2 weeks of that a while back and I was soo miserable. Pregnant women should be immune across the board, it's not fair to be pg and sick at the same time.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:54 PM

Ugh, I feel your pain- literally. I thought that m/s was staring to subside and hadn't puked in three days. then I caught some flu type thing and went to puking 10 times a day. I have had it for more than a week. And, I have been coughing so hard that I broke a freaking rib. I thought that it was hard to sleep with just the flu but this rib thing is forcing me to sleep sitting upright on the couch...thats restful. fortunately i am feeling a little better today in terms of the flu- I even ate lunch. Dry toast anyone?

Hope you feel better soon...
Old 03-13-2008, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

ugh!! I hate that other mamas are sick, too. So unfair.

I'm miserable- I had to leave work early. I picked up my prescriptions and took the 1st dose of each. I took Tylenol, but it really hasn't helped. I can barely hear out of the left side. It's so painful.

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
Old 03-13-2008, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Add me to the list. It's one thing after another. This is the worst pregnancy EVER. First it was pneumonia for 5 weeks (neshmamama - have you been to the doc? I bruised a rib from coughing fits too. Maybe it's more than a flu?). During that time I also pulled my achilles ankle from being in slippers up and down stairs. Bruised a rib from coughing. Had my whole ribcage seize up (ugh). Then pink eye. Next a nasty sinus infection. Now I"m having crazy sinus headaches. Sprinkled in are nausea and exhaustion. Hard to know if it's from the illness or from the pregnancy. Oh. And I just got my labs back and now I'm on an antibiotic for a UTI that I didn't know I had!!

If my other two pregnancies had been like this I would never have even considered going through this again!
Old 03-14-2008, 02:48 AM

So sorry mama!! I'm in the same boat. Sick for three+ weeks straight. First the flu, then a stomach bug, then a bad sinus infection and now I can't pee. Yeah, I spent the entire day in the ER (second time) and am now home with a foley catheter in my bladder. Apparently this is going to keep happening at least until later in the pregnancy when my uterus gets bigger. This has been such a crappy pregnancy. I had horrible morning sickness since the very beginning and its still here. I still vomit at least once a day. I hope we all get to enjoy being pregnant soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Tag List