Feeling Sad - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-14-2008, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi september mamas. I wanted to force myself to jump in here.... I'm a little over 15 weeks and feeling so BLAH and SAD about everything right now. I want to be loving every minute of this pregnancy, but I was extremely ill with nausea that I'm just beginning to pull out of. Now instead of looking forward to feeling that first kick and finding out the sex in 3 weeks or so I've started to focus in on what this will mean for my first born. All the attention she will loose and how it won't just be our little family of 3 anymore. WTF????? Can I only be negative these days?

Please tell me this will get better!!!! EErrrrrrrrr.

Thanks for letting me rant a little.

~Sandra

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2008, 01:50 AM

It'll get better. Your first born will be fine. There is plenty of love to go around.

(((HUGS))) Hope you get to feeling better. The first trimester can be so hard on some women. The good news is the 2nd trimester will most likely be better!!
Old 03-15-2008, 02:05 AM

It will get better! I have 3, soon to be 4 and really there's just more love to go around. You'll always have a special bond with your first born, there's no changing that! My kids have so much fun together that when one isn't around they're bummed out! There will definitely be a transition period, but my son was so big on being a big brother that it wasn't a big deal.

I also gave my kids presents when our last daughter was born. I said well it's her birthday, but she doesn't know about presents yet so we'll celebrate by you guys getting presents today and on her next birthday we'll all get her presents They thought that rocked!

As far as feeling emotional, that just goes with the territory and it sure is horrible isn't it?!! It does get better though! Hang in there ..

HTH

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
Old 03-15-2008, 10:08 AM

I'm expecting #2 and feeling a bit the same way. It took me a looong time to properly "bond" with #1 and I feel it's really finally happening. It will be strange to add another baby to the mix.

I think my feelings are more about general anxiety about how we will all cope. I know there will be lots of love and everyone says it grows, but from a practical point of view, I know I'll feel stretched much thinner with my time and attention between the kids and hubby and rest of my extended family etc. At the same time I'm looking forward to it, but yes, I can definitely realte.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you all for the encouraging replies! I know it will get better, it's been rainning a lot here and i think that's playing into my feeling as well! I started to really think about names. I LOVE fantasizing about names; it always puts a smile on my face. I also LOVE having a pregnant belly, so I put on a tight shirt today and strutted around the local coffe shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily's Mama View Post
I'm expecting #2 and feeling a bit the same way. It took me a looong time to properly "bond" with #1 and I feel it's really finally happening. It will be strange to add another baby to the mix.

I think my feelings are more about general anxiety about how we will all cope. I know there will be lots of love and everyone says it grows, but from a practical point of view, I know I'll feel stretched much thinner with my time and attention between the kids and hubby and rest of my extended family etc. At the same time I'm looking forward to it, but yes, I can definitely realte.
I think you hit the nail on the head here.....I'm scared of that stretched thinner feeling. I know I will love both of my children, but maybe it's just something you have to experience. I can't picture it in my head how Adelaide won't suffer in some way. I plan on doing a lot of prep before the new baby arrives with Addy about how things will be, but I'm not sure I can stand it if she gets really sad about this new addition. *sigh* I only hope that they WILL be good friends and love having eachother around.

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)

User Tag List