Hello ladies! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-17-2008, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! My name is Rachel and I am new to the board. In fact, I joined quite some time ago, but forgot to ever come on. I would like to become more active though as you seem like a great group of ladies.

I am 13 weeks pregnant with my second child, due on September 22. It was a surprise pregnancy, but a welcome surprise. I have a 13 month old son named Owen and he is wonderful....best little man ever!

My first pregnancy was a breeze. I had a wonderful, natural labor and birth and was very surprised when he came out and we saw that he was a boy!

Unfortunately this pregnancy things are a little more complicated. I've been diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage. It is about the size of a large cherry they say. 3.5 cm or so. I was put on bed rest last week and now I'm back to normal life with some restrictions which include no lifting of my son or anything heavy....and no sex....

So, needless to say, this pregnancy will be a bit more challenging, but a blessing nonetheless.

If any of you ladies have had a SCH then I would love to hear your stories. There are other places I've been where the women are very doom and gloom and instantly run to high-risk ob's and monitor every second of their pregnancy. I am very happy with my amazing midwife, so I'm hoping that it is perfectly fine for me to continue with her care despite this blip in my pregnancy.
#2 of 5 Old 03-17-2008, 05:01 PM

Welcome, Rachel. * Jaime
#3 of 5 Old 03-17-2008, 05:40 PM

Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy. Sorry I have no experience with SCH but will be praying that everything clears up for you and you have no more troubles with this pregnancy.
#4 of 5 Old 03-17-2008, 08:46 PM

Sorry, no experience with SCH, but wanted to welcome you and send congrats.
#5 of 5 Old 03-17-2008, 09:26 PM

Welcome mama, congratulations and prayers for a healthly pregnancy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page