Static Electricity? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 2 Old 03-17-2008, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter
 
funfunkyfantastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Posts: 1,670
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I'm just wondering but, have any of you found that you are charged with much more static electricity than usual? Or is it just me? lol. About 50% of the time I touch ANYTHING metal I get shocked. About 30% of the time I touch some electric run items such as light switches and ethernet cables (usually when i'm plugging them in or unplugging them) I get shocked. And then there's the person to person shocking. I've been shocking plenty of people on accident. Before DH left I shocked him on the lips several times. lol. I have never been this static charged before. I mean occasionally in the winter I would shock myself... but other than that... not really. Anyone know what causes this?

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
funfunkyfantastic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 2 Old 03-17-2008, 11:46 PM
 
cellarstella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SE Portland, OR (Brooklyn)
Posts: 2,503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've *heard* that higher static electricity can indicate a need for more water. That's all I know!

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
cellarstella is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off