YOUR WEEK: July 15th-July 22nd - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-23-2008, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok...another new thread I stole from the July DDC (and maybe some others)? This is a place where we can journal our weeks with one another...include whatever you want!!

Last week we went mom and kid camping with our homeschooling group on Lake Huron. Unfortunately the weather was not super cooperative and it was cloudy and rainy. However, it was really nice to be around the other mums and my kids had so much fun playing in the woods with all the other kids. We brought along our canoe and some of the families went on nice canoe rides down the river. Unfortunately my 9-year-old and his two friends went on a super long canoe trip that had his super-hormonal mum hyperventilating. Finally the last day the sun came out and we got to spend some time on the beach! Of course, by then I was absolutely exhausted from having to pack everything up!!! Came home to hubby renovating our upstairs bedrooms, which unfortunately is taking longer then expected!! I can't seem to decide on an enviro-friendly type of flooring! I told the lady at the flooring store that I was worried about formaldehyde, and she said..oh it's no big thing. I wanted to strangle her right then and there (hormones again??). Watched some of my homeschooling mums in their first roller derby game last time and was so jealous I couldn't be out there bumpin the ladies...LOL. Soon enough!! That's all for now!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 06-23-2008, 02:50 PM

I already posted about my last week - super stressful and emotional, so I'm choosing to focus on this week.

Yesterday, I noticed that I hadn't felt any movement from Indigo in about 36 hours. I started freaking out and did all the things to get the baby to move around. When nothing worked, I called my midwife, who said to come in (on a Sunday!! ) to have a Doppler reading to make sure everything was all right. That made me even more freaked out so we left in two minutes flat. We drove an hour and 15 minutes to get to the birth center, and she immediately had me lay down and took a reading. Strong and steady heartbeats We heard the baby moving around, and even heard Indigo hiccupping (so amazing!!), even though I still couldn't feel anything. My m/w suggested that the baby may have turned posterior and that's why I couldn't feel the movements anymore. She also suggested that since I was under so much stress, that Indigo may be reacting to that by quieting down.

DH treated me to an ice cream cone on the way home, and as I was eating it, Indigo kicked me in the side! I told DH that we didn't have to come to the birth center and get a Doppler just to make the baby move, all we had to do was go for a long drive and eat some ice cream.

The rest of the week looks pretty good, nice and relaxing. DH has this weekend off so we're picking strawberries - 200lbs worth. I'm also starting my Hypobirth CDs today.

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#3 of 8 Old 06-23-2008, 03:02 PM

You sound like you've been busy, Erica.

Glad your week's been a little better, Triana.

I'm super crabby this week, and am avoiding talking to people because I just get annoyed. Which in turn probably makes me crabbier ("Why is nobody talking to me?"). I'm so stupid sometimes.

I think in addition to hormones and tiredness, the crabbiness is a holdover from an emotional weekend last weekend (which included the second anniversary of my mom's death, my sixth father's day with my dad).

My kids are pretty cool, though, and always manage to make me happy no matter how grouchy I get. Cale and Dillon are really starting to speak, with whole sentences and a million words. They've also started to wear pull-ups. I can't believe how big they're getting. And Griffin is starting to sound out words, all on his own, and can read a handful of very simple words. He's so proud of himself, it's cute.

I haven't managed to do anything at work lately, which is frustrating. I really enjoy what I do, but always seem to go through phases where I'm active and excited, and phases where I just sort of plunk around. As my baby's birth draws closer, I want to be in an active and excited phase to get lots done before going on leave.

* Jaime
#4 of 8 Old 06-23-2008, 03:49 PM

27 weeks 2 days! According to my baby calendar, I'm in my third trimester. My belly is really out there now, and I regularly feel kicks. I'm not sure if these kicks are less intense than they were with DD1 or if I'm only remembering the kicks later on with her. She had her feet constantly on my ribs! These kicks are all over the place and the baby is flipping around a lot.

I don't think I'm gaining as much weight as I did last time, but I don't really know because I haven't weighed myself since about 20 weeks when I had a 15 lb total gain. I gained 45 lbs total last time.

DD has been growing like crazy. She's literally sprung up half an inch in the last two months! She says real sentences now (hard to decipher, but I can tell what she's saying), like "I think it's right there," when I ask her where something is... regardless of whether she knows where it is. "I want some too!" is a big one whenever I eat or drink anything. She's also been sleeping very heavily and has for the most part fully potty learned. Sometimes she'll have an accident when she is preoccupied or if she waits until the last second to run to the potty.

Last night as she was sleeping, I sat up and knitted for a while, and I imagined in the future sitting there nursing a little babe while big sister snored.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#5 of 8 Old 06-23-2008, 03:56 PM

Do you mean June 15th - 22nd? And wouldn't that be the 21st since the 22nd is a Sunday and therefore the start of the next week?

Can't tell you much about July 15th - 22nd. Haven't experienced that week yet.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
#6 of 8 Old 06-23-2008, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfunkyfantastic View Post
Do you mean June 15th - 22nd? And wouldn't that be the 21st since the 22nd is a Sunday and therefore the start of the next week?

Can't tell you much about July 15th - 22nd. Haven't experienced that week yet.
Good pointlaughup Ok...how about June 15th to the 21st???? I'll be sad when I can't blame these things on preggo brain anymore!!
#7 of 8 Old 06-23-2008, 06:06 PM

I am having a good day...my MIL left this morning after being here/staying in my house for the past three weeks...so nice to have my house back and to be alone with my kids during the day.

We are busy with routine things this week. DD1 is in theater camp for 9-noon each morning and then she has swim team from 2-3 each afternoon. She has swim meets on tuesday and thursday this week... While dd1 was at camp this am my brother stopped by unexpectedly with a bunch of flowers and chocolate for me for my birthday which is tomorrow (but he will be out of town for work)- I love my brother. Also i pieced about half of an I-spy quilt I am making to auction off at our LLL conference later this summer.

Have lots of diapers to cut out...so excited because a friend is going to let me use her serger to finish them...which should make for quick work...

Need to get new dressers for the girls so that I can move dd2's clothes out of the baby dresser and then I can move the baby clothes in...

Oh and this weekend parents will have the girls for a sleepover and Dh and I will go to a resort (you can get some really great deals on nice resorts in Phoenix during the summer if you are willing to brave the heat) and out for a nice dinner to celebrate my birthday...very excited about that...
#8 of 8 Old 06-23-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshamamama View Post
Oh and this weekend parents will have the girls for a sleepover and Dh and I will go to a resort (you can get some really great deals on nice resorts in Phoenix during the summer if you are willing to brave the heat) and out for a nice dinner to celebrate my birthday...very excited about that...
DH's aunt works for the company that owns The Scottsdale Plaza resort so we get really good deals there all the time, but especially in summer. When you live in Bakersfield, a Phoenix summer isn't much of a difference. We just hung out at the pool all day and tried to find activities to do in Phoenix that took place indoors like museums and a baseball game at the BOB (which I think isn't called that anymore... oh well!)

Anyway, my week June 15-21...

Sunday we had a pretty lazy day around the house which was nice. We were supposed to have a BBQ with my dad, but he flaked on us and went to Vegas instead. Not surprising... also nice to just have a lazy day.

Monday I got sick in the morning so it didn't start off very good. Our builder finally found the source of our shower leak though so that was nice. They took forever doing it so I had to reschedule my chiropractic appointment.

Tuesday I went to our neighborhood playgroup at the community pool. It was nice to meet some of the other moms in our neighborhood and hang out for a little bit. I still feel awkward showing up to this group without a LO in tow though. The pool felt so good in the heat.

Wednesday I had my chiropractic appointment and went to church.

Thursday we were supposed to go to a memorial service for a friend, but I got sick all over the car on the way there so we turned around to clean up the car and me. After that I felt totally fine though and ran a bunch of errands in the afternoon and got the car detailed because it still smelled yucky.

Friday was just kind of a lazy day for me.

Saturday DH had to work half the day so I just puttered around the house and then went to pick him up. We left for LA to visit our friend and stayed up too late talking. It was great.

Then yesterday we all went to Disneyland together. I felt like a bit of a wimp, but we rented a wheelchair for me and our friend and DH took turns pushing me around the park. It was great because we got to bypass a lot of the lines and I didn't get super exhausted in the heat. I did get sick in one of the bathrooms at the end of the day so that was no fun. Haven't been feeling so great since then, so we'll see what this week holds...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page