Car Seat Talk - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 67 Old 07-11-2008, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belia View Post
Congrats! But the date- does it EXPIRE in 6/08???? I thought the only dates printed on car seats were expiration dates.....
as someone else said, its the date of manufacture..its important w/ the BV and the MA b/c they just recently (post 2/08) began manufacturing seats that RF up to 35 lbs..thats 2 lbs. over the pre 2/08 ones and can carry a child RF'ing for several more months (like my little guy right now)
#62 of 67 Old 07-11-2008, 10:26 AM

Since you all are so knowledgable, can anyone tell me anything about the BabyTrend Flex Loc? From the research I've done it gets good reviews and it's super affordable and narrow, which is a huge plus. Our Vibe only has apprx 50" of hip room!

Jamie, parenting w/ DH , DS1 (02/04), DD (06/06), DS2 (09/08) and DD2 born 8/04/10 9lb 1 oz
#63 of 67 Old 07-11-2008, 12:30 PM

I was only able to find great reviews on carseat.org for it. I bought the britax bucket and hated it when I tested it out with my visiting nephew so I took it back and decided on the flex lock. What I read pointed to it being as safe as the others (safeseat etc.) but with a smaller weight limit and price tag. I'll be switching to a convertible before 30 pounds anyway. I like it! It's very easy to use and fit my 6 month old nephew comfortably.
#64 of 67 Old 07-11-2008, 06:40 PM

Does anyone have, or know anyone who has, a Britax Diplomat? I know they're relatively new and I wanted to see what people thought since I've been considering purchasing one for the expected LO. TIA
#65 of 67 Old 07-11-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineering_Mama View Post
Does anyone have, or know anyone who has, a Britax Diplomat? I know they're relatively new and I wanted to see what people thought since I've been considering purchasing one for the expected LO. TIA
i dont have one but thought of getting one before i bought teh 35 lb. RF'ing BV (b/c the Diplomats go to 35 lb. RF). I took my son to BRU to check it out and he was about to outgrow it at his 2nd bday. hes not an oversized kid or particularly tall (but is kind of tall..just not insanely so)....so i didnt get it.
#66 of 67 Old 07-11-2008, 08:32 PM

I'm under the impression from my local Britax retailer that Diplomat is to Roundabout as Boulevard is to Marathon. So basically the Diplomat is the roundabout shell with the inserts to make it...whatever the inserts make it .

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
#67 of 67 Old 07-12-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninnifer View Post
we have only ever used Maxi cosi or britax.

with the prev DDs we used a Maxi Cosi infant seat (Citi) and then a Britax stage 2 seat (Renaissance) the girls now both sit in a Maxi Cosi high backed booster (Rodi)

when DH gets back at the weekend we are goingt o get on choosing, and it'kll be between the same 2 brands again.
Just a general FYI, but in the US Maxi-Cosi is owned by Dorel and are a different design with different materials.

CPST & mom

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page