nesting instinct gone way wrong - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2008, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so my nesting instinct has finally kicked into high gear, but is completely misdirected. when I walk into other people's offices or homes, I have the overwhelming urge to rearrange, organize and purge THEIR stuff! my own home and office are a disaster, but since it is so overwhelming to tackle my own crap I'm projecting all my mental energy on other places.

I even had the urge to rearrange the messy shampoo shelf at the health food store this morning. it took a lot of effort to restrain myself. ridiculous!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 03:53 PM

Hey, ever thought of taking a little vacation to Seattle? You can come clean MY house!

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
Old 07-07-2008, 03:54 PM

I'll pm you my address. Look forward to seeing you, my bathroom cabinets are a mess. LOL!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 04:16 PM

Any time you want to come visit Maine, I can get you a $15/night room at the Senator Inn and Spa (usually rooms are around $199/night). And I have a REALLY small apartment that needs cleaning....

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

Old 07-07-2008, 04:24 PM

You can come visit me! Colorado is beautiful! Any nesting I have winds up going into trying to clean faster than my boys.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:28 PM

You guys are cracking me up.

LCaitlin...just take it a shelf at a time at home, too. That's what I've been trying to do .

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
Old 07-08-2008, 12:58 AM

omg i went on a rant this weekend....it was crazy! im not supposed to be picking up boxes and i was moving furniture.

i feel like if my baby were due 3 YEARS from now i still wouldnt have everything organized. and im a very organized person w/ OCD but i am consolidating 2 houses and having to paint the old house and rooms in teh new house.

i could sure use your help! lol!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:45 AM

Wow 15 bucks a night? That would be awesome. Too bad I don't have plans to come to Maine. LOL!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:12 AM

hahaha.. thats the cutest thing!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triana1326 View Post
Any time you want to come visit Maine, I can get you a $15/night room at the Senator Inn and Spa (usually rooms are around $199/night). And I have a REALLY small apartment that needs cleaning....
man, i would be willing to help clean for rates like that! plus im not that far from you!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by immamama View Post
Wow 15 bucks a night? That would be awesome. Too bad I don't have plans to come to Maine. LOL!
You're welcome anytime, and I promise not to make you clean my place...too much

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

Old 07-08-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateWriter View Post
man, i would be willing to help clean for rates like that! plus im not that far from you!
Come on over - DH will even cook for you!! And he's the reason I'm not so skinny anymore, so you know his food is good:

Old 07-09-2008, 12:08 AM

Ok i admit i have the same problemo...i'm in MX right now and i have completely re-aranged my MIL's kitchen and clenaed it from top to bottom. I even changed out her table cloth and dared anyone to mess it up. Did i mention she's not even here...she been visiting her daughter in another state for the past few months. I hope she doesnt get to mad i moved everything around. DP didnt tell me to stop so i figured it was ok. I have pulled out my sewing machine and made 20 cloth baby wipes and a Maya wrap sling over the past 2 days. So looks like my nesting is turning away from others at the moment. Just letting ya know your not alone.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Old 07-09-2008, 12:15 AM

I'm normally pretty OCD so this is a struggle even when I'm not pregnant. And I actually have rearranged messy shelves in stores before. One time we were at a restaurant with our family and they had the menus in this tray thing so you could look while you waited. I started organizing them and making them all line up perfectly and face the same direction. I was still doing it when they called our party to be seated. I still wasn't done and my sister had to break into my zoned out organization world and say, "Lisa! Stop being OCD! We're going to our table." before I finally realized what I was doing.

But it is good in a lot of other ways. Like how I'm helping our church's worship team get all the music organized. This was a task that NO ONE wanted to do, but I get a sick kind of pleasure out of whittling down the stacks of music and filing it away all nice and neatly.

User Tag List