YOUR WEEK: Sunday July 6th-Saturday July 12th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-12-2008, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all you mommies! I hope that this week found you well. I really feel like we're on the countdown now!! Only 8 more weeks for me...or 10 weeks if I go over like the last two!!

We headed out on our week-long camping trip (just me and the boys) this week so my eldest could go to a rock climbing day camp. The weather was quite warm, which was great as we had a beach right near the campsite. We camped on this site that overlooked a beautiful river, with our own little "balcony". However, I found that I've quite outgrown our camping cots, and by the third night I drove home to sleep in my own bed, since I hadn't slept for two nights. The following day I bought an air mattress and that was MUCH better!! My youngest had so much fun playing with the other kids at the campground, and both the boys were exhausted by the end of the day!! There's something just so nice about getting away from the house and all of the responsibilities. The last night it rained 2 1/2 inches, with a lightning and thunderstorm. I called hubby in the morning to let him know I was heading home (my stomach had been sick for a couple of days anyway), and that he could come and pack up camp...he is so great about that I have to say!!

Since then I've been taking it easy, and throwing up each day....blah!!! Anyhow, time to start getting ready for baby as I've pretty much avoided this so far. The boys will be excited to see all the baby clothes, and maybe it will make it a little more real for me!!

On the scary front, I decided to go for the 32 week ultrasound to check my little guys kidneys this upcoming week. I figured that if all is well then I won't have to worry about it after he's born, and I'm hoping that my body can absorb a bit of all those nasty waves! Wish us luck...I'm really hoping all is well with this little fella!!

So...how was your week??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2008, 04:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It was one long, long week. I'm supposed to be on bed rest but this week I was dealing with pediatricians and trying to convince them that there is something abnormal about my 8 month old daughter projectile vomiting blood. *sighs* They finally saw things my way and started her on some Zantac as well as agreeing to give us a referral to the pediatric gastroenterologists in the area.

As for the McBaby in the belly, we had a midwife's appointment where he was doing well. MW is a little concerned over his weird quivering movements sometimes but she said that if he does it again, to come in to be monitored for a little bit to make sure he's okay. She also gave me a fFN test which came back negative, thankfully! I had a bit of spotting after the fFN but that's to be expected, I'd think, because it's a cervical swab.

User Tag List