Officially getting that "indefinitely pregnant" feeling - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-15-2008, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You know, when you can't remember NOT being pregnant.

I'll be 38 weeks on Monday, so not too much longer, and I'd actually prefer a few more weeks for baby to "cook" (does anyone else get a little creeped out talking about cooking babies?!) but I'm starting to get that end-of-pregnancy anxiety that I always hope I can avoid.

I still need to clean my house and get a new birth pool ($%$#% cat ruined my old one) and maybe just take a good break to breathe deeply and prepare myself mentally for the fact that I'm about to be a mom!

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2008, 05:33 PM

With this heat, it feels like I'm cooking a baby!!! It kills me sometimes to think that this time, last year, I was only 4 days pp. Yes, it does feel like I will never be done being pregnant!

One Mom, Three Kids. Life is Great.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:16 PM

I switch between feeling like I've always been pregnant and spotting myself in the mirror and thinking, "where the hell did that come from?!?!?" I think I just need to have this baby before I lose my mind entirely!
Old 08-15-2008, 06:37 PM

I call it the "twilight zone." You're so far in you can't see your way out either side...there's no such thing as "before I was pregnant" anymore but you're not close enough to feel like "after the baby's born" is coming soon enough to be comforting! I think it starts at about 34w and goes until...well, you have the baby in arms!

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
Old 08-15-2008, 07:51 PM

I definitely feel like I'm entering the "twilight zone" I'm 34 weeks in 2 days. It seemed like everything changed overnight a couple nights ago too.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:02 PM

It is for sure the twilight zone! I lasted feeling very well adjusted until about 37 weeks. Now I am in total denial that I will have another baby in the next month. I think that must be why I am "forgetting" I'm pregnant until I see myself.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:15 AM

My feelings vary by the day. Some days I look in the mirror and think...wow, is that really attached to me? This huge bump? Other days I get the "I can't wait to be back in my old clothes soon" feeling. Today it seems like baby will be here soon...only a few more weeks. Some days I tell my husband it's his turn to carry the baby...I've done my share.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:12 PM

Shoot, I really *can't* remember not being pregnant. I've been pregnant for oh, 17 months? Okay, I guess I did have about 2 months of "break" in there but still!
Old 08-16-2008, 06:59 PM

I keep dreaming about all the pre pregnancy clothes I am going to wear. I lost 40lbs before I got pregnant with this one, so I don't really have any winter clothes in my size. You know what that means? Shopping! Oh, I'll have a newborn, guess I'll be internet shopping!

Kathryn, Wife to Andrew, Mama to Nadia (5) and Rhys (2)
Old 08-16-2008, 07:29 PM

I just want to remember what it feels like to be able to sleep on my back again. And to be able to sleep without my hips aching.
I was complaining to dh about that, and he reminded me that I wouldn't be sleeping all that much when the baby comes. I replied that atleast I can sleep without aching so much.

I am all for letting the little one cook for as long as he needs, but I am seriously hoping he doens't need 42wks to get the job done. 38would be nice. hehehe

Thea, wife to Daniel Homeschooling Momma to 4 beautiful, engergetic children.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffsKat View Post
I keep dreaming about all the pre pregnancy clothes I am going to wear. I lost 40lbs before I got pregnant with this one, so I don't really have any winter clothes in my size. You know what that means? Shopping! Oh, I'll have a newborn, guess I'll be internet shopping!
Yay for shopping! Congrats on the pre-pregnancy weight loss too mama, that is great.

My feelings kinda vary by day as well. Once I hit 34w I started to feel like, "wow he really is going to be here soon!!" but then this past week I've had crazy hormonal mood swings all week long and it's made me blah and crabby and feeling like I'll be preggo forever again.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:39 PM

I'm definitely in the "I'm going to be pregnant forever" camp. I don't remember feeling this way with my other two, but I REALLY, REALLY don't want to make it to my due date this time, much less go PAST it. My due date is 5w away...that feels like an absolute eternity and a nightmare. I hate feeling this way, but I am so uncomfortable, unproductive, and blah feeling. I feel like I'm neglecting my other kids and they don't really have a concrete reason why (as in, after baby's here, I can at least say "I need to take a break to nurse the baby" or "Silas didn't sleep well last night, so I'm going to rest while he does." Nothing really feels ready for baby, but I hurt too badly to do anything to get ready for him, so it's not like it's going to get BETTER in the next 5 weeks. I feel like I might as well have him now, before 5 weeks of neglect show in my house .

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).

User Tag List